F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

This may sound dumb but does toro rosso and RBR do the same design on both cars or do they have separate designers for each team?
AFAIK, they will use a lot of parts from last year's RBR, but I don't think it is a copy of that RBR car. They'll probably share similar design philosophies.

OMG

FLpL3e6XsAsl24c

FLomPsdWUAIt6uW

shocked.gif

I agree. The new cars look pretty nice. I feel like they might be a bit slow at first but improve by a lot by the end of the season. Curious to see who has the fastest car at the start of the season.

I feel like they might be a bit slow at first but improve by a lot by the end of the season.
What is "slow" though? It's all relative. A car can run a hot lap around Monaco @ 1m10s or 1m20s, but us viewers won't be able to tell "Oh, that lap looked faster!"

Here's a comparison... 1999 vs 2021... over 20 years apart.
If anything, Mika's lap "looked" faster to me cuz of how aggressive the car looked, how shaky the cameras were and how loud those V10s were.

But that's kinda the narrative the F1 bosses want to push across. They'd often say how powerful these engines are... how fast these cars are... but as viewers we can't see how fast they really are without looking at laptimes. If anything, I'd much rather have a car 10s slower but with better sound. Ppl who attend races often say the first thing that hits them... that shocks them... was how loud the V10s and V8s were. That's a big part of the F1 experience, IMO.

FIA: Michael, did you get the termination email I sent you?
Masi: Sorry?
FIA: Michael you're fired ahh being let go.
Masi: That's not right!
FIA: Michael, it's called an investigation okay...
Masi: Sorry?
FIA: We went hiring.
Masi: NO MOHAMMED NOOOOOOO!!! This is not right!

Back
Top Bottom