F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

They need to make F1 cars smaller and lighter cuz it is absolutely possible to race in Monaco... just watch the F3, F2 and Formula E races! It can be entertaining!

Obvs not the best on-track action, but I find the strategic side of this interesting. Who blinks first? Is it the right choice? Do you even risk trying to do something first? It's fascinating to me. I was watching Lando's gap to George the whole time and how Charles was countering that by not allowing it to increase. That aspect of it, watching the timing screens and following the gaps, kept me glued. 🤷‍♂️

We just need Max to DNF one or 2 more times to make things interesting for the WDC.

A couple DNF’s would be nice but even if that doesn’t happen we actually have a fight on our hands. Kind of unbelievable all things considered.

Charles is 38 pts back. If Checo would contribute anything to taking points off of Max we’re in for a ******* treat.

Get excited yall!!

And BTW-

How does Magnussen just completely skate on that stupidity? That should have been the incident that resulted in a race ban. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
A couple DNF’s would be nice but even if that doesn’t happen we actually have a fight on our hands. Kind of unbelievable all things considered.

Charles is 38 pts back. If Checo would contribute anything to taking points off of Max we’re in for a ******* treat.

Get excited yall!!

And BTW-

How does Magnussen just completely skate on that stupidity? That should have been the incident that resulted in a race ban. Enough is enough.

I watched his interview. He claims that it was possible for him to pass on that stretch and that he should've been left adequate space. I guess because it also happened on the first lap that they prob just let him off and treated like a racing incident.

I watched his interview. He claims that it was possible for him to pass on that stretch and that he should've been left adequate space. I guess because it also happened on the first lap that they prob just let him off and treated like a racing incident.

Yeah he got off easy because it was first lap.

We both saw the race and the replays though, I didn’t see any space, Hulkenberg didn’t see any space… did you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be fair, he had to come up with some excuse so I get it but come on.

What does everyone think is gonna happen with Ocon?

Does he get benched just for Canada or does Alpine completely drop him and install Doohan?

I feel like he has to sit at least one race but a full sacking is a bit harsh.

Whatever the case he’s obviously scared because he even went on IG to admit fault 😂

Does he get benched just for Canada or does Alpine completely drop him and install Doohan?

Whatever the case he’s obviously scared because he even went on IG to admit fault 😂
He sits Canada but if he does dumb **** again either Mick or Doohan gets the seat

I’m not a fan of Ocon but this seems kinda harsh. It’s not like this has happened all season long. Just a race accident that he paid for. Yeah it was a dumb move. But that happens almost every race and drivers don’t get suspended by the team. Unless there’s something going on behind the scenes and Alpine have had enough and trying to make a point. But to drop Ocon mid season is just straight up dumb

Btw no love for the best motor sporting event in the world yesterday 👀

Josef letting Patricio by on the last lap knowing he’d get the slip on the back straight was a beauty. Sucks it happened to Pato tho

Btw no love for the best motor sporting event in the world yesterday 👀

Josef letting Patricio by on the last lap knowing he’d get the slip on the back straight was a beauty. Sucks it happened to Pato tho
I have love for Indycar!

What a 500 that was! Was soooo gutted for Pato... especially seeing him after the race. He was SO CLOSE to winning it. I guess you could have said he should have waited another lap before making the move, but had he not been able to make it stick, everyone would have been like "why didn't he go one lap earlier!" At the end of the day, Newgarden timed it and executed it perfectly.

It does irk me a bit that Newgarden was the winner, given his push-2-pass shenanigans. It also bugged me how the commentators were like "this was his redemption race"... Dude, he knowingly used P2P when he wasn't supposed to... they knew exactly what they were doing. Stop making it sound like they were the victims. 🙄

I’m not a fan of Ocon but this seems kinda harsh. It’s not like this has happened all season long. Just a race accident that he paid for. Yeah it was a dumb move. But that happens almost every race and drivers don’t get suspended by the team. Unless there’s something going on behind the scenes and Alpine have had enough and trying to make a point. But to drop Ocon mid season is just straight up dumb

Agree that either option would be harsh BUT points for the back half of the grid are SO hard to come by this season that Ocon’s actions are inexcusable and can’t be compared to other teammate collisions.

Alpine can’t afford to have the drivers losing sight of the fact that risks cannot be taken that could cost the team even a single point as the margins for the constuctors championship are razor thin.

Ocon has always done this stupid stuff with teammates in the past and that’s not lost on the team either. This isn’t a one-off incident, this is who he is and has been.

Yeah he got off easy because it was first lap.

We both saw the race and the replays though, I didn’t see any space, Hulkenberg didn’t see any space… did you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be fair, he had to come up with some excuse so I get it but come on.
Mags was thinking Checo would let them go 3 wide at Monaco :lol: just terrible race craft. Even if there was a gap, that was not the place to try that move.

I understand being lenient at turn 1 but anything after should be fair game to penalize because Alonzo barely side swiped Carlos a couple of races ago and got 3 penalty points. Al queda Mags took himself out and 2 other cars and didn’t get penalized.

Reminds me of Grill the Grid word association game. When they said "dangerous", half of the drivers said K-Mag :rofl:

But I thought he was Estie Bestie. Seriously though, it was a move they needed to make. Not sure who thought it was a good idea to put Ocon and Gasly together since there was friction to begin with. Alpine spent quite a bit to get Gasly from Red Bull so it makes sense to stick with him.

Back
Top Bottom