F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Wtf is Alonso doing??? Get rid of Monaco. These cars are way too big to race on this track. This isn’t the 1930s. It’s also super boring.

P6 with the fastest lap... I'll take that. Dunno if he would have been able to keep P5 cuz I think they needed to box him to cover Lewis, but oh well.

Still really sucks to see Daniel struggle this much. 😓 But any progress was always gonna be limited at Monaco.

The conversation about dropping Monaco from the calendar seems to be as loud as ever. It would be a crime to drop such an iconic race from the calendar, in my opinion.

By the same token it would be a crime to continue racing there as is.

I didn't realize that Monaco is the only race where F1 doesn't control the broadcast. And the Monaco crew is SO bad at controlling the cameras and things of that nature that we end up missing too many key events during the actual race- like Ocon claiming that the stewards were showing Lewis "favoritism" over radio when he didn't allow enough space going into the corner.

The cars are too big, and there's no overtaking like everyone has already pointed out, so if they do continue racing at Monaco, there's so many things that have to change and at this point I don't think the necessary changes will be made.

Outside of Leclerc, the drivers don't like it, the teams don't like it, the fans (with obvious exceptions) don't like it, so why exactly is anyone holding onto a relic of the past where there's no promise of changes for a better race?

I guess my question for you is- beyond the undeniable history of the circuit, what reasons do we have to continue racing there?

Back
Top Bottom