F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I still don't know how I feel about the penalty. Horner thinks it's harsh but I haven't heard anything about what the deal is with Newey. Did they confirm that he's a contractor?

Of course RBR will think it's harsh... and of course all their competitors will think it's too lenient.

But this was always gonna be the issue with policing a costcap. I'm sure there are many clever ppl out there to play around with some creative accounting... to bend the rules, to push the boundaries, to work the grey areas.... and this is essentially how F1 works. That's how teams have been building their cars for years. And you're not gonna see all the teams push the limit cuz some of these teams probably don't have budget to go above the cap. This isn't like a sports team where you can cap every player's salary. So many more costs in F1 teams.

I dunno if Newey really is considered to be 'outsourced', but stuff like this just shows there are probably a lot more ways to work around the cap. I read somewhere that some teams have more personnel working on the cost cap than the FIA does policing it. They're gonna need to do a lot more to monitor all the teams. 🤷‍♂️

P8 for Lando... I think he got the most out of that car... and in front of both Alpines. Plus Daniel was only marginally off from Lando, so he's right up there. 🤞

Double-points and a charging drive from Daniel... I'll take that! Ok, the punting of Yuki wasn't great, but overall, a good result!

If they don't race in China next year I'd be surprised if it ever comes back. Shifting Baku makes a lot of sense though, so dumb having a back to back with Miami :lol:

Horner pulls from the Donald J Tr*mp playbook of nonsense.

Horner is an absolute joke and his antics are disingenuous, ridiculous and always in bad faith.

The level of manipulation is actually terrifying. I think that everyone should deal with him the way that Toto does- treat his commentary like that of a misbehaving child and don't make too much of an effort to refute any of his absurd claims and accusations.

I can't wait for next season for Red Bull to be humbled.

Lmao wifey signed up for presale tickets that released yesterday unknowingly there were for the grandstand seats, she QUICKLY turned away :lol:

Read through some stuff online and I guess there aren’t any guarantees for general admission to have adequate views. Hotels will probably have their seating charges bundled with their rooms lol.

Might as well plan for Austin.

Definitely hope we get to see a few more years out of him, he sounded close to the end after last season's debacle but it sounds like his fire's been reignited this season.

I agree. Merc had a shaky start this year but I expect them, especially Lewis, to bounce back next season.

Accommodation prices at any annual sporting event will always be more expensive than during non-peak times... that's normal, to be expected and like that everywhere in the world. But I think this LV race will take the premium pricing to the next level. Looks like the jump is much higher and not really for "the avg family" who wants to attended the race on a more "reasonable" budget. Even if you're willing to pay 5 figures for the trip, you're not guaranteed a good view. "Regular folk" want to enjoy F1? Go to Austin. Seems like F1's approach to this. 🙄

George Russell teases Sky F1’s David Croft with Red Bull boycott joke

George: “So…are you allowed to ask Red Bull drivers questions, Crofty?” Russell asked before smiling over at Perez.

David Croft: “Yes,” “I am tonight. I’ve got special permission tonight so don’t start on me!”

Crofty to Checo: “Are you allowed to answer?”

Perez: “They [his Red Bull team] are not here!”

I knew Checo wasn't on board with that BS boycott :lol:

Back
Top Bottom