F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Probably a good call to bring Fred in. Mattia's a good technical person, but hasn't done a good job running the team. Make him the Technical Director and bring Fred in for the team. Plus he has to make way for Audi anyway.

Sebastian Vettel: Saying Goodbye To Formula 1 | Beyond The Grid | F1 Official Podcast​

Seb doesn't give great interviews especially when the subject has been his retirement.

Sad to see him go though. Wish he could have been in a more competitive car. And the fact that he said he wasn't interested in a Mercedes drive because he wanted to see it through with Ferrari hurts. Seb and Lewis as teammates would have been fun to watch.

I've never seen Tom Clarkson until I just googled him. I expected him to be much older lol

I'm just now seeing this pic of Sharl looking in his mirrors to see that he's the only one on the grid not on slicks :rofl:

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 2.11.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 2.15.58 PM.png

Its hilarious but I also feel really bad for him. Hopefully they replace clueless Binotto with Fred Vasseur like the rumors have been suggesting.

Last edited:
Apparently Lewis organized the dinner. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall there.

I bet Max was doing some passive aggressive BS the whole time and upset that Checo is standing next to Lewis in the pic.
I love Max as a driver but he can be hard to root for sometimes. I wonder what Daniel Riccardo is going to do next season.

I love Max as a driver but he can be hard to root for sometimes. I wonder what Daniel Riccardo is going to do next season.

I can't stand him and his antics.

I tried to appreciate him as a driver but that proved to be impossible.

His bully tactics where as a driver you either have to give him all the space he wants or he's going to crash into you is unacceptable. That's not racing that's a simpleton crybaby approach and his shelf life on the grid will be shorter unless he steps away from that philosophy.

He has alienated his teammate, defied team orders and tried to change the conversation from his behavior to toxic social media- a complete deflection and skirting of all responsibility for his own reprehensible behavior.

He better enjoy this time where RedBull has the best car because once that stops being the case, he's in trouble as there won't be much sympathy for him as a result of how he's chosen to conduct himself on the grid and off.

Last edited:
FIA willing to investigate Sergio Perez’s Monaco crash if complaint is made

I've seen some people say that they looked at the telemetry and its questionable as to whether the crash was intentional or not. But still don't understand why Checo would crash to secure third behind Sainz and Leclerc.

Regardless this is absolutely ridiculous, but if any of the other team principles were as pathetic as Christian Horner, they'd 100% file a complaint just to wreak havoc in the Red Bull camp.

Cyril would file a complaint no question :rofl:I really miss that clown.

Despite the race happening in May, that incident has been brought back into the public eye after it was suggested Perez’s crash had been the reason behind Verstappen’s disobeying of team orders in Sao Paulo.

The Dutchman refused to elaborate but said during the race he had his reasons, while Sky Sports pundit Martin Brundle quickly speculated whether Monaco was the cause.

Red Bull have sought to distance themselves from that theory while Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz suggested deliberate crashes occur more often than people think.

It is likely the team will already know if it was deliberate as Perez’s telemetry at the time would suggest if it was intentional or not, but the sport’s governing body have confirmed they could step in.

FIA president Mohammed ben Sulayem said during the build-up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix they would be willing to investigate the crash should a formal complaint be made.

FIA willing to investigate Sergio Perez’s Monaco crash if complaint is made

I've seen some people say that they looked at the telemetry and its questionable as to whether the crash was intentional or not. But still don't understand why Checo would crash to secure third behind Sainz and Leclerc.

Regardless this is absolutely ridiculous, but if any of the other team principles were as pathetic as Christian Horner, they'd 100% file a complaint just to wreak havoc in the Red Bull camp.

I have no doubt that Cyril would would file a complaint if given the opportunity :lol: . I really miss that clown and would love to see him get the Ferrari job.

"Despite the race happening in May, that incident has been brought back into the public eye after it was suggested Perez’s crash had been the reason behind Verstappen’s disobeying of team orders in Sao Paulo.

The Dutchman refused to elaborate but said during the race he had his reasons, while Sky Sports pundit Martin Brundle quickly speculated whether Monaco was the cause.

Red Bull have sought to distance themselves from that theory while Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz suggested deliberate crashes occur more often than people think.

It is likely the team will already know if it was deliberate as Perez’s telemetry at the time would suggest if it was intentional or not, but the sport’s governing body have confirmed they could step in.

FIA president Mohammed ben Sulayem said during the build-up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix they would be willing to investigate the crash should a formal complaint be made."

Needed to see the girl in the green more than Kelly Piquet.

Anyway, that was a great season. Not the kind of ending I was hoping for, especially for Seb, but I’ll take it.

Back
Top Bottom