F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

They need to reschedule Imola for later in the season.

Considering the damage I’m sure the surrounding area could use the economic boost a GP generally provides to an area.

The only option to postpone is if they shorten the summer break, and slide it in the week after Spa or the week before Zandvoort, but all the teams would have to agree.

The only option to postpone is if they shorten the summer break, and slide it in the week after Spa or the week before Zandvoort, but all the teams would have to agree.

I heard cutting into the break is a non-starter.

But after the long China gap and now this I want them to make a strong effort to get it sorted.

Monaco qualifying will be interesting but the GP will suck.

With the summer break untouchable and the remainder of the season pretty packed as it already is, I don't see how they can just slot it in. While they're gonna want to avoid quadruple headers, even if they were to do that, the logistics of it all would be a nightmare. Pushing it more towards the end of the season wouldn't work as well cuz it would probably get too cold.

This is partly why it's harder to overtake nowadays, especially in narrow/tighter tracks. The cars are just too damn long, wide and heavy. I was watching the Formula E race at Monaco and they had a record number of overtakes. The FE cars are much narrower and lighter, making for better racing. It's not even about the overtaking... it's about allowing the cars to follow and make maneuvers around each other. I hope they head down that path for 2026.

F1 Youtube will be reairing the 2005 San Marino GP tomorrow. It'll give us a good chance to see how nimble cars were back then.

I just re watched the race from Brazil 2012 since we don’t have a race this weekend and got angry.

Jensen Button won the race under a lap 70 of 71 saftey car clinching the title for Vettel.

Charlie Whiting as race director that day did the right thing.

Charlie would have never manipulated AD ‘21 and he would have had the race end under saftey car 🤬🤬🤬.

Back
Top Bottom