F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

3D4FC7FB-4FA4-4A28-A45D-18767E53937F.jpeg

Last edited:
Fantastic race, an amazing time all around. Hope I can come back next year:emoji_fingers_crossed:

PXL_20230611_134042307.jpg
I would love to know more about this as a whole... did you watch it from one grandstand or could you move around? did you stay 'at the track' for the whole race or did you go to a hotel at night? What were your food options there? How did you deal with the rain? Get a chance to check out the other stuff there, like the amusement rides or the Ferris Wheel? Etc.

I would love to know more about this as a whole... did you watch it from one grandstand or could you move around? did you stay 'at the track' for the whole race or did you go to a hotel at night? What were your food options there? How did you deal with the rain? Get a chance to check out the other stuff there, like the amusement rides or the Ferris Wheel? Etc.

Moved around a little bit - I hurt my foot Saturday walking from the circuit tram station to my grandstand, but I still made a bit of an effort (I'm no Fabio Scherer though :wow:) - I stayed at the track from about 2pm Saturday to 5:30pm Sunday, I pretty much commuted from my cousins' apartment in Paris since the hotels/airbnbs were all completely booked out a long time ago.

In general you can't walk around the entire circuit anyway, and I covered pretty much all the places I could walk - from Tertre Rouge down to the Porsche curves. There's free buses that can take you down to Mulsanne corner and Indianapolis/Arnage, but that's the extent of it. The inside of the track has a few good viewing areas - especially the hill near Tertre Rouge.

Food options weren't bad, the usual hot dogs/burgers but also salads, sandwiches, croissants, crepes etc. Plenty of drinks offered everywhere though haha.

I got mostly lucky in that I was in the grandstand for most of the rain during the first few hours of the race, and the entirety of it is covered. When I tried to wander around around 11pm, I got caught out, had a rain jacket though and it was a pretty short storm. I only saw two rides in the amusement area including the ferris wheel, but it was raining so I just wanted to head back to my seat instead of wait in line.

Should we really be surprised? 😅
This race was never intended for F1 fans... it's one big promo event for the sport.
And it being the inaugural race, they're gonna squeeze every drop they can. 🙄

North Americans wanna watch F1? Go to COTA, Mexico or Montreal. 🤷‍♂️
I'm sure COTA will be a much better experience for the race.

Last edited:
Should we really be surprised? 😅
This race was never intended for F1 fans... it's one big promo event for the sport.
And it being the inaugural race, they're gonna squeeze every drop they can. 🙄

North Americans wanna watch F1? Go to COTA, Mexico or Montreal. 🤷‍♂️
I'm sure COTA will be a much better experience for the race.

They're all getting pretty expensive, that's why I'm just focusing on the races I want to see in Europe now. GA for COTA alone this year is like $500.

I know right.

But imagine the Red Bulls going off in the rain and someone else getting a chance at a win.

I've been imagining for nearly a year now - was really hoping it would be the case when I was at the race in Barcelona, so LH could get one

Back
Top Bottom