F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I thought it was a good race as well... very entertaining. Cold temps, new surface and all the teams lacking any data really mixed things up... as well as the 2 SC's and Max's 5s pen, of course. I would put it in this season's top 5... maybe top 3. With so many races this season, it's all been a blur, but I still put Singapore at the top for now. Most race fans just wanna see good racing, minus some of the razzmatazz, hoopla, whatever you want to call it. Hope they tone it down for next season.

It'll be interesting to see how the race unfolds next season with teams having a lot more data, a less slippery track and possibly higher track temps, if they move all the sessions earlier.

I understand why they have the late starts for Vegas but they really need to consider having the race a few hours earlier. Qualifying at midnight PST is ridiculous and that needs to be changed moving forward.

Sad there’s only one race to go but looking forward to nest season and seeing what unfolds.

I understand why they have the late starts for Vegas but they really need to consider having the race a few hours earlier. Qualifying at midnight PST is ridiculous and that needs to be changed moving forward.

Sad there’s only one race to go but looking forward to nest season and seeing what unfolds.

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t stay up through the entire race. That 1am ET start time was rough

Why didn't they do it during the day? tracks too hot and it gets greasy?

With the season coming to a close this weekend what are some changes everyone would like to see for next season?

For me:

- Fix the 5 second penalty and don’t allow drivers to serve it at their convenience. Problem with it illustrated by Max in Vegas but we can see nearly every weekend how it’s problematic

- A resolution to the track limits inconsistencies. It’s ridiculous that this can even be mentioned. It’s the top flight of racing like come on

- I’m gonna moan about this until it changes but, force Red Bull to sell Alpha Tauri to a separate entity. No more of this allowing teams to have 4 cars on the grid.

- Bring back the pit lane channel to F1 TV!!!

Why didn't they do it during the day? tracks too hot and it gets greasy?
To accommodate the Europe market. A day race in Vegas means they’re staying up at 3 am to watch the start of the race

Partially one of the reasons a night Miami race won’t happen. A 6 PM start here is midnight or later in Europe

This was actually about APAC viewership (similar to Melbourne and Suzuka). 90% of races are already suited for the European market, including the races in the ME and Singapore (them colonizers can sacrifice a couple races a year at odd times, I'm sure they know how to use a DVR :lol:).

If the race next year is 2-3 hours earlier, they'll see significantly more viewership not just in APAC but across the Americas (US and Brazil are two of the biggest TV markets worldwide for F1), which would be crucial in an attempt to appeal to more fans in the US. 8PM local time would be primetime for the majority of the country. (11PM here on the east coast would still be significantly better than 1AM). The race had some impressive viewership for us already, but an earlier slot would be a huge boost.

The teams also complained about the times of the sessions as well, it's just too late in the night for everyone involved and can become a safety issue.

Miami becoming a night race is more of an issue with the surrounding community, not so much the TV markets either. They should shift it solely because of that heat though, it's the main reason I haven't flown down for it yet. It'd be fun if it started at 7pm (it could be another Saturday race), let them race at golden hour and have neon lights around the track once it gets darker.

The community complained about the noise from the race year 1 but there was barely any outside noise lol I work at the site so I’m in tuned with all the shenanigans behind the scenes

Ahhh... welp. Just didn't have the pace today...
But ecstatic about their WCC P4... especially considering how poor their start of the season was.
🤞🤞🤞 McLaren can get closer next season.

He could have used more free practice laps to try to get the car in the right window.

But yeah can’t wait for next season, I have this feeling we’re in for something special from Mercedes and Ferrari.
lol I said the same thing going into this year.

All and all it was boring because there was no clear fight for P1 but from the midfield standpoint there was some great battles.

Hopefully we have some more battles for P1 with different constructors next year and I’m going to end it with Oscar > Lando

The fight for P2 in WCC was pretty interesting at least. I guess Lewis checked out when they had to allow a junior to do some laps. Also couldn't get 2nd in the WDC standings so he prob didn't care as much. Hopefully teams will be more competitive next year.

Credit to the big brain on Charles... thinking about the strat whilst pumping out consistent laps.

And Alonso... that old, wily fox! 😅

But yeah can’t wait for next season, I have this feeling we’re in for something special from Mercedes and Ferrari.

1701055697656.png

Based on the feeling from everyone in and around F1, next year might actually be worse. I'd love for that to be wrong though.

Hopefully the P2 for Merc is a boost for team morale, despite having a little less wind tunnel time, the bonuses will be a nice motivator.

Finally got around to watching the Brawn documentary... and it's fantastic. A great trip down memory lane as well as some of the details that I never knew about. And it was so well made... great interviews from a lot of those involved at the time.

Based on the feeling from everyone in and around F1, next year might actually be worse. I'd love for that to be wrong

damn for real? i was hoping Merc would have sorted **** after the past two years

The best thing about Formula 1 is that we never know going into the winter break.

McLaren could plummet, RB might have a drop in reliability, Alpine could actually apply themselves, Merc could stay the same… whatever the case, we don’t know yet.

Back
Top Bottom