F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

He lives and breathes motorsports but can he comprehend the business end and how and why his salary is what it is?

Instead of always complaining I’d like to see Max put his efforts towards improving the racing that he claims to be so passionate about.

If he cared so much he’d put his hand up and admit that events like AD ‘21 and the fact that he gets a pass on all infractions while the 19 other drivers get severely penalized are ruining the integrity of the sport he is so passionate about.

He’d also do well to admit that Derek Warwick (the former driver and current Steward) owning a Honda dealership is a conflict of interest that needs to be addressed.

He can’t be so anti-everything and claim to love the sport like this- no successful series is just strictly racing and no frills. Pomp and circumstance is part of the fabric of Formula 1 so while maybe the opening ceremony was a bit much for his tastes, his obsession with trashing the requisite non-racing elements is as stupid as what he’s complaining about.

Don't think Max is saying he wants no pomp and circumstance, just that F1 is leaning too heavily into the circus surrounding itself lately, often prioritizing it over the cars and teams and the storylines that have historically been the driver (pun intended) of passion and emotion in the sport. Just this week, F1 promoted the Netflix Cup ten times more than the Brawn GP doc, feels like such a miss to make long term fans out of those who aren't well versed in F1 but are interested.

Side note, saying this as a Hamilton fan, but Derek Warwick, a former BRDC President, calling LH the undisputed GOAT is probably more of a conflict of interest than having a dealership for over 30 years that sells cars from a brand that has been involved with various teams over that time. I remember in 2016/17 when Max fans hated Warwick just as much for giving him penalties too :lol: The fundamental issue is still the inconsistency with the stewarding, and it has been for years. Everyone in this sport has had some gripe with the stewarding and been vocal about it, including Max and RB.

Never thought I'd see the day where I have to stay up until 1 AM to watch a race in my own country but here we are, fully expecting this to be a ****show with some incidents, hope I'm wrong and we get some close racing between Charles and Max for more than two corners though

Don't think Max is saying he wants no pomp and circumstance, just that F1 is leaning too heavily into the circus surrounding itself lately, often prioritizing it over the cars and teams and the storylines that have historically been the driver (pun intended) of passion and emotion in the sport. Just this week, F1 promoted the Netflix Cup ten times more than the Brawn GP doc, feels like such a miss to make long term fans out of those who aren't well versed in F1 but are interested.

Side note, saying this as a Hamilton fan, but Derek Warwick, a former BRDC President, calling LH the undisputed GOAT is probably more of a conflict of interest than having a dealership for over 30 years that sells cars from a brand that has been involved with various teams over that time. I remember in 2016/17 when Max fans hated Warwick just as much for giving him penalties too :lol: The fundamental issue is still the inconsistency with the stewarding, and it has been for years. Everyone in this sport has had some gripe with the stewarding and been vocal about it, including Max and RB.

Never thought I'd see the day where I have to stay up until 1 AM to watch a race in my own country but here we are, fully expecting this to be a ****show with some incidents, hope I'm wrong and we get some close racing between Charles and Max for more than two corners though

All Fair points.

Max is paid what? $50M+ a season to stand on the hydraulic lift, wave and smile at these pre-race obligations? Red Bull has him racing hover crafts in the desert with Checo literally strapped to his back- equally as silly by Max’s arbitrary standards but we haven’t heard him moaning about that. It’s all promo, he just doesn’t want to indulge the kind where he’s not paid directly?

Raymond Vermulen would never jeopardize his relationship with max as his manager by telling him this, but he needs to tell max to shut the hell up. It’s a tantrum at this point and if the pre-race extra curriculars are so bad, liberty will sort it in due time, Max is a driver not the head of the marketing department 😂.

Warwick also called Max the great white hope. The problem with that is self explanatory and at an absolute minimum, neutralizes any praise he gave Lewis in the past. But let’s stay focused, this has absolutely nothing to do with SLH.

That aside, you’re right about the fundamental issue and I can’t figure out how Warwick isn’t in some way held accountable or relived of his duties entirely as a result of piss poor performance. He’s in Tim Donaghy territory at this point.

As for the race start time, it’s wild. But it seems a compromise had to be made for their core European audience. I was annoyed watching quali so last night but I couldn’t sleep anyway so whatever I suppose 😂

Last edited:
giphy.gif

IMG_2264.jpeg

I’ll agree with max here. The Rolls Royce to the podium is overkill 🤣🤣🤣

Is it too late to take it back? Even Max ended up looking like he enjoyed this. Can they pull up to the podium in a Phantom after every race?

And like someone pointed out on Reddit, the acoustics in the Rolls are infinitely better than the traditional cool down room so we can hear everything. So when there’s beef between the top 3 finishers post race not only will tensions be running high but their thighs will be touching.

Arguably the race of the season. Just about everyone was wrong.

Is it too late to take it back? Even Max ended up looking like he enjoyed this. Can they pull up to the podium in a Phantom after every race?

And like someone pointed out on Reddit, the acoustics in the Rolls are infinitely better than the traditional cool down room so we can hear everything. So when there’s beef between the top 3 finishers post race not only will tensions be running high but their thighs will be touching.

Arguably the race of the season. Just about everyone was wrong.
Don’t give Miami any ideas lol they already paying a grip to rent the Moke cars :lol:

I thought it was a good race. Lots of overtakes and some carnage 🔥. Ocon 16 -> 4 too. Both alpines were top 6 towards the end. I think even Stoll got some good points too after starting back of the grid. Can’t wait for next year

Back
Top Bottom