F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Also, they concluded no further action for causing a collision??? Should have been a penalty for Max. He could have taken both cars out of the race with that shenanigans.

The moron who runs the F1 Multiviewer operation posted a video showing a replay of the incident and he accused Lewis of turning into Max when Lewis was ahead and just trying to make the corner.

Even Max’s engineer didn’t side with Max.

When asked about it after the race Horner insisted that Lambiase’s “childish” comment was directed at another team complaining on the radio and not Max, who was the one behaving childishly.

GP Lambiase is the sole sane and competent person holding Red Bull together 😂.

I love a good collapse!

And here’s Rosberg’s astute analysis. I wonder if he has a number in mind to agree to be on Sky every weekend because my God we’d be lucky to have him:

IMG_6375.jpeg
IMG_6376.jpeg

Agreed... GP is the only one that will speak against Max. The rest of the team is filled with yes men and people who enable his behavior.

:smh: Lando... I get that he was very frustrated at the time, but chomping back at Lewis was so unnecessary.
He's a quick driver, but he really needs to work on that attitude and emotions.
That's the great thing about Oscar (and also Daniel)... is their demeanour... incredibly calm on the radio.

Elsewhere... I did like how GP was taking a more rational approach to Max... saying how the back & forth was childish... which it was.
But I was actually surprised at how his contact with Lewis deemed to be a racing incident... verdict even said that Lewis could have done more to avoid the contact, which was even more surprising. 🤔 It was pretty clear Max went into T1 way too hot.

verdict even said that Lewis could have done more to avoid the contact, which was even more surprising. 🤔 It was pretty clear Max went into T1 way too hot.

i didn't expect that either but in my short time watching the sport, i'm not surprised :smh: :lol:

how the hell did Max avoid a penalty? He was out of control going into a corner he was not going to make and caused the collision? He is definitely the FIA golden boy. Alonso got a 5 second penalty for minor contact with Sainz at the Chinese GP earlier this year. Max is always given the benefit of the doubt.

Lewis with another great race despite the car's limitations. 200 Podiums :pimp: Great defending against Max. We all knew what was going to happen tho. Max pissed off with his team and at everything else in the world and stuck behind Lewis? Yeah, divebomb incoming. Shades of Monza 21.

I have no problem with Lando complaining. The team screwed Oscar by sending Lando in the pits first therefore undercutting their own guy. Unbelievable incompetence from McLaren once again. I would be pissy too if I was Lando but he has only himself to blame for botching the start once again.

I have no problem with Lando complaining. The team screwed Oscar by sending Lando in the pits first therefore undercutting their own guy. Unbelievable incompetence from McLaren once again. I would be pissy too if I was Lando but he has only himself to blame for botching the start once again.
Yeah, I would agree with this. I haven't rewatched the race + onboards yet for a better understanding of the situation, but the team shouldn't have put the drivers in that position to begin with. Maybe the team underestimated how reluctant Lando was... and we've seen this all before with other drivers/teams in history... asking them to concede a position is hard enough, let alone P1. I just didn't like how tense it got (for a team result), but I totally get any driver fighting like that for a win. What went unnoticed was Lance ignoring the team to let Alonso back thru... and that was for P10.

Anyway... this Seidl news is wild. He left McLaren to join Audi specifically for this project.
He's an Audi man, so to see him out like this is quite shocking. 🤯

If Max switches, what’s the move with Antonelli

Reserve driver or stays in F2. Antonelli has made some comments recently stating that he doesn't think he's ready yet since he's still making mistakes. I think another year of F2 could be good for him and he's prob not winning the title this season.

Would not have believed this would be an upgrade from Alpine if you had asked me even a few months ago :lol: Definitely a good move for him, with his connection to Komatsu, his first relatively uncompetitive teammate in F1 (at least in the beginning) and a huge breath of fresh air leaving the absolute circus at the French team

At this point, Haas def seem like they're at a better trajectory.

Rumor has it, Alpine will be switching to Merc HPP next season, but the rest of the team/management is still not in a great place right now. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom