F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

George loves to try for a 1 stop race doesn’t he :lol:. Nice work by him. I’m totally shocked to see how both Red Bulls fell off today.

Yeah, RBR's pace was surprising cuz I really thought Max would have made up more ground. It didn't help Checo that the team boxed him and put him into traffic, but overall, his pace was pretty poor.

The F2 race had high degradation, so we thought that was gonna happen in F1 as well... but, nope! And also the DRS being way less effective, having been shortened.

Hamilton deserved the win today, George drove a great race but that 1.5kg difference was the reason he won in the first place, probably would have been off the podium otherwise

There's suggestion that he finished underweight cuz of the 1-stop strat... that he had used up too much tyre... and it wouldn't have been an issue had he 2-stopped. The 1-stop strat, which helped him win the race, ended up getting him DSQ'd.

Again, looking forward to Palmer's breakdown to see how things would have panned out.

^ I was wondering about that… I was also thinking they were right into the pitlane, and didn’t get a chance to collect all the marbles on the tires like usual.

^ Why they gotta do Oscar like that?! 😭😅

^ I was wondering about that… I was also thinking they were right into the pitlane, and didn’t get a chance to collect all the marbles on the tires like usual.

That was exactly my first thought! But I'm sure the engineers would have taken this into consideration cuz they've been doing this at Spa for years.

Having said that, you can def pick up over a kilo of marbles on a cool-down lap. 😅 But, if anything, I don't think they usually run it that close. It's more for a weight buffer.

I was trying to figure out how George was keeping Lewis behind on the last 3 laps 😂

Even in the cool down room Oscar was like “I can’t believe he actually made it work.”

1.5kg making all the difference 🤣

Last edited:
There's suggestion that he finished underweight cuz of the 1-stop strat... that he had used up too much tyre... and it wouldn't have been an issue had he 2-stopped. The 1-stop strat, which helped him win the race, ended up getting him DSQ'd.

Again, looking forward to Palmer's breakdown to see how things would have panned out.

Alonso and Tsunoda also did the one stop, Merc will have to weigh the tyres of both cars to see if that's really the issue, maybe they'll disclose it in their next debrief video.

Someone said the thing that was loose between Hamilton's legs at the beginning of the race was 1.5kg worth of ballast from George's car :lol:

Just curious if I am alone on this or not:

Piastri is going to be better than Norris at some point next season.

If McLaren can keep developing the car in the right direction I think Oscar will establish himself as McLaren’s number 1 driver by this time ‘25.

Being as poised and calm in the car as Oscar is, is ridiculously impressive. Lando commits far too many errors to be able to keep up with Oscar’s development.

Just curious if I am alone on this or not:

Piastri is going to be better than Norris at some point next season.

If McLaren can keep developing the car in the right direction I think Oscar will establish himself as McLaren’s number 1 driver by this time ‘25.

Being as poised and calm in the car as Oscar is, is ridiculously impressive. Lando commits far too many errors to be able to keep up with Oscar’s development.
There’s a case to say he’s better now

Get in there Lewis! :pimp: strange win. Gotta feel for George tho. That was the best drive of his career.

Lando has to get his starts in order.

Oscar looking like the #1 out there

I thought redbull would dominate this track. I’m sure if Max was on pole he would have went off into the sunset but it’s interesting to see everyone struggle in dirty air. I thought these regs were supposed to fix this?

I was kind of hoping that Williams would make an in-season change.

Either way this is interesting because we’ll get a better gauge of how much Albon has improved since leaving Red Bull.

Also this further solidifies that Audi is in complete shambles. They’ve all but burned the bridge with Bottas, they’re not keeping Zhou because they don’t need his sponsorship money and he hasn’t shown much (although it could be 100% the car) so who does Audi pair with Hulkenberg??

I was kind of hoping that Williams would make an in-season change.

Either way this is interesting because we’ll get a better gauge of how much Albon has improved since leaving Red Bull.

Also this further solidifies that Audi is in complete shambles. They’ve all but burned the bridge with Bottas, they’re not keeping Zhou because they don’t need his sponsorship money and he hasn’t shown much (although it could be 100% the car) so who does Audi pair with Hulkenberg??
Logan lol

Great win by Lewis. Made the move early on Perez, dispatched Leclerc and controlled it from there.
You wait 2 years for a win and 2 wins come in 3 races. Also 5 wins at Spa!

Have to feel for George. Remind me of Button where he Lewis is beating him on pace and makes a strategy call to come out ahead.

However, I think he got a benefit from being underweight and Lewis didn't really know of the threat of him one stopping on time and with them covering Leclerc, it means Lewis wouldn't have had the tyre delta to attack Russell if he knew he was going to 1 stop.

Also, who has the fastest car at the moment?

Great win by Lewis. Made the move early on Perez, dispatched Leclerc and controlled it from there.
You wait 2 years for a win and 2 wins come in 3 races. Also 5 wins at Spa!

Have to feel for George. Remind me of Button where he Lewis is beating him on pace and makes a strategy call to come out ahead.

However, I think he got a benefit from being underweight and Lewis didn't really know of the threat of him one stopping on time and with them covering Leclerc, it means Lewis wouldn't have had the tyre delta to attack Russell if he knew he was going to 1 stop.

Also, who has the fastest car at the moment?
McLaren

Back
Top Bottom