F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Hi guys.
bahrain-f1-racing%2017.04.12.JPG

^ hey man. long time no see. what's up?
smokin.gif

What time is the race?
nerd.gif
Anonymous took down the Formula1.com website.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

smokin.gif

What time is the race?
nerd.gif
Anonymous took down the Formula1.com website.
laugh.gif

The $$+*? Why?
laugh.gif

And the race is at 5am my time
sick.gif
Gonna catch the replay in the morning.

Have you guys read some of Bernie's statements? It's incredible how stupid his comments are... blows my mind.

Anyway... lets just hope we get a peaceful race and move on.
zk1MPLS ~ 20:00 HKT... I think we're in the same timezone?

From ESPN's F1 page...

"You guys love it. What we really need is an earthquake or something like that, so you can write about that now."

Bernie Ecclestone dismisses the security fears in Bahrain after Force India opts to skip FP2, saying it's just a good story

April 20, 2012

"There's nothing happening. I know people who live there and it's all very quiet and peaceful"  

The world according to Bernie Ecclestone. His comments on Bahrain came on the same day police used tear gas and bird shot to break up riots

April 13, 2012

"What a stupid question. You're going to get a stupid answer. What would you expect?"

Bernie Ecclestone responds to a reporter asking him if he will attend the Bahrain Grand Prix

April 13, 2012

"I don't see any difference between here [China] and Bahrain. It's the same. It's another race on the calendar"  

More lessons in global politics from Bernie Ecclestone

April 12, 2012

"Seriously, the press should just be quiet and deal with the facts rather than make up stories"  

The worldly-wise Bernie Ecclestone with his view on reports of continuing unrest in Bahrain

April 1, 2012

30t6p3b.gif

Thing is, there was also a lot of responsibility being pushed around. Teams were saying it was the FIA's decision, while the FIA said that it was Bernie's decision (something like that anyway).  Bernie then says the teams should decide, but adds that they would be in breach of contract if they didn't.  It was just very stupid cuz no one wanted to step up on a decision.  Glad the race went without any problems (as far as I could see).  

Anyway, what the hell race was that!?  
30t6p3b.gif

I can't believe the 2 shocking stops Lewis had... that, compiled with their poor pace.  

At least it was nice seeing Kimi back on the podium.

1000x.jpg

^ Ironically, as this was the Middle-East, they weren't allowed to consume alcohol. It's some sort of fizzy-rose water!

Kimi gets back on the podium, but there's no booze! LOL

can't believe Kimi got back to a podium faster than Schumi.
ohwell.gif
But I'm a Kimi fan as well, so it's all good.
smokin.gif

Didn't get to catch the race since we went out for dinner.
laugh.gif
Were the grandstands full?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

smokin.gif
Just maintaining man. I'm so busy, I can't even keep up with the season, plus I have no tv
ohwell.gif
, but I can update the thread, somewhat.

Does anyone know of any LEGAL way to watch F1 online? I live in the US, can I get the SkyF1 package here?

Well, I dunno if it's "legal", but I know there are sites that offer a type of Slingbox-service for a fee. You get Sky channels, not just F1.

^^ Days late but the crash is still just smh. What could have been. I still love seeing the 1993 Domington start in the rain.

Spain race is upon us. Lets see what team Mclaren and the rest of the group can do.

Wow. What a second qualifying session!
eek.gif
The Lotus cars were really quick. Maldonado grabbing the top spot at the last moment. Good stuff.
smokin.gif

Jenson, Webber, and Massa out.
eek.gif

What a qualifying session overall.
laugh.gif
Fernando's Ferrari looks more competitive now than the last race, for sure. But those Williams and McLaren by Maldonado and Lewis were just
sick.gif
. And both Red Bulls nowhere near the top spots.
pimp.gif

Looking like a good race ahead tomorrow.
pimp.gif

What a Q! Lights-out by Lewis, but RBR's have a bunch of tires saved up, which will be critical.  
The cars are all spread-out so it'll be very interesting. 
nerd.gif

Surprising how incredibly even the field is this season. No one really seems to have an upper hand. Everyone (except McLaren -fairly consistent so far) has been all over the place.

I think the top teams are still McLaren and RBR, but the main difference is that it's much more closer this year. Last year RBR was probably 7/10ths to 1 sec ahead of the rest, while this year 1 second covers the top 5 0r 6 teams. It's probably why we've seen 4 different winners from the first 4 races.

Yeah I agree. And I'm pleasantly surprised of the pace of the smaller teams. Grosjean and Maldonado actually showing good pace was unexpected.
eek.gif

Lewis's P1 in jeopardy as he couldn't drive the car back to the pits... under-fueled perhaps? Could be a penalty.
frown.gif

EDIT ~ Lewis has been excluded from Quali and will start from the back of the grid! Incredible!!! 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Lewis's P1 in jeopardy as he couldn't drive the car back to the pits... under-fueled perhaps? Could be a penalty.
frown.gif

EDIT ~ Lewis has been excluded from Quali and will start from the back of the grid! Incredible!!! 
eek.gif

I believe he didn't have enough fuel to provide for the mandatory fuel sample. Damn shame. He beat the rest of the field by a quite a margin, too. Wouldn't have hurt to throw in a few more litres of petrol in the car. 
ohwell.gif
 Just shocking to wake up to this news. 
eek.gif
 I believe he should've been dropped down to... at the very worst, 10th position -he did qualify for Q1 and Q2. The stewards coming down hard again on Lewis -what's new? 
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

SinnerP taking down the pic with the quickness. 
laugh.gif
 So much for McLaren's 150th* Pole.
The Saubers did show really good pace as well.
Fernando's gonna go balls-out now, since he'll be starting from second on the grid. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

By the way, any word on Karthikeyan being allowed to race later by the stewards, just yet? Just one more car to get in front of Lewis. 

McLaren has been an absolute joke so far this season in terms of dumb mistakes. Thus is going to cost then as the season progresses.

Back
Top Bottom