F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

^ It's a complete technical regulations reset next season. Cars will look completely different from the ones in this current generation. Not only that, but we'll be getting completely new wheels/tyres. This will have a huge impact on the cars and their design philosophy. Essentially, no one knows how it's gonna go. It could be Alpine, it could be McLaren, it could be Ferrari, it could be Williams. Or it could be RBR and Merc again. We just don't know. It will be down to the creativity of the car designers on who can come up with the fastest car or who can come up with clever aerodynamic solutions/interpretations to get the most downforce.

Despite everything that happened this year, this will probably be the most memorable for me :lol:

Man, what a joke. I can still remember screaming at my TV! It's like when they sometimes show an overtake, but then immediately cut to the crowd reaction. 🙄🙄🙄 Man, I don't want to know the ****ing reaction of the ****ing crowd.

Kimi knew!
Screenshot 2021-12-20 145323.jpg

Lewis and Lebron are social justice warriors when it benefits them. Lebron doesn’t talk about all the BS China does and same with Lewis when they go to the Middle East. Aka being a hypocrite. If you take offense to me calling him a woke lord idk what to tell you, your feelings aren’t my responsibility.

Lewis and Lebron are social justice warriors when it benefits them. Lebron doesn’t talk about all the BS China does and same with Lewis when they go to the Middle East. Aka being a hypocrite. If you take offense to me calling him a woke lord idk what to tell you, your feelings aren’t my responsibility.
my man woke up choosing violence.

who hurt you fam?

Looks like Audi informed the FIA. I take it they are going to buy an existing team rather than create a new one to avoid fees? If so I wonder who?

That’s what I mean I can’t say anything because people get offended and I’m the one who is hurt lol
I mean you sound like the only one hurt or offended about the comments. You purposely put slights like "Woke Lord" and expect to just slide without reactions? C'mon fam this the F1 thread. Im sure qanon reddit has some F1 threads in there where you can refer to the Goat LH however you want.

Keep the thread on F1.

^ It's a complete technical regulations reset next season. Cars will look completely different from the ones in this current generation. Not only that, but we'll be getting completely new wheels/tyres. This will have a huge impact on the cars and their design philosophy. Essentially, no one knows how it's gonna go. It could be Alpine, it could be McLaren, it could be Ferrari, it could be Williams. Or it could be RBR and Merc again. We just don't know. It will be down to the creativity of the car designers on who can come up with the fastest car or who can come up with clever aerodynamic solutions/interpretations to get the most downforce.

Man, what a joke. I can still remember screaming at my TV! It's like when they sometimes show an overtake, but then immediately cut to the crowd reaction. 🙄🙄🙄 Man, I don't want to know the ****ing reaction of the ****ing crowd.

Kimi knew!

Thanks. Why did Renault change their name to Alpine btw? :lol:

Thanks. Why did Renault change their name to Alpine btw? :lol:
AFAIK, it's more of a marketing thing. Alpine's Renault's racing/sports car division and have been around for decades. I guess they just wanted the public to be more aware of the Alpine name.

Looks like Audi informed the FIA. I take it they are going to buy an existing team rather than create a new one to avoid fees? If so I wonder who?
There were McLaren rumors a while, but dunno what the deal with that was. "McLaren-powered by Audi" would sound too strange.
Interesting to see how this unfolds.

As for Lewis, I think he does what he can. Ultimately, he's an employee of Mercedes and will be limited on what he can do/say, but he did bring out his rainbow helmet for the certain races. When asked by reporters on racing in Saudi, he was pretty straight forward about it, expressing his concerns... same for Seb, I think.

🙁🙁🙁 It sickens me that he had to go thru that.
I think I saw a Tweet from someone with a substantial follower-base criticize him for racing Mick. And cuz of that, all his followers poured on similar levels of abuse. He's a racecar driver... he races... how TF do you criticize someone for competing? Comments like that just show a complete lack of understanding of the sport and even a lack of understanding of these guys as competitors. I get that he was upset that the chain of events that followed hurt Lewis, but that was not Latifi's fault, FFS. Be rational.

AFAIK, it's more of a marketing thing. Alpine's Renault's racing/sports car division and have been around for decades. I guess they just wanted the public to be more aware of the Alpine name.

There were McLaren rumors a while, but dunno what the deal with that was. "McLaren-powered by Audi" would sound too strange.
Interesting to see how this unfolds.

As for Lewis, I think he does what he can. Ultimately, he's an employee of Mercedes and will be limited on what he can do/say, but he did bring out his rainbow helmet for the certain races. When asked by reporters on racing in Saudi, he was pretty straight forward about it, expressing his concerns... same for Seb, I think.

I just don’t get why one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world decided to change their name. Renault has a winning history.

Did you not watch Lewis call out the Middle East countries while in Jeddah and Abu Dhabi over their staunch LGBQT stances? How does it benefit Lewis in any way to do that?

Apparently, you also don’t know what the word hypocrite means.

Yea I get it.

I just always thought Renault would be like Ferrari or McLaren. Historical names that shouldn’t be changed.

They’re not the iconic brand that Ferrari or McLaren are. They’ve been more successful as an engine supplier than a works team. Those titles they won with Fernando are their only ones as a works team.

Yea I get it.

I just always thought Renault would be like Ferrari or McLaren. Historical names that shouldn’t be changed.
Ultimately, Renault will be known for their daily roadcars. While their high-performance Alpine division isn't as well known around the world, I think it's their desire to making a household supercar name like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, etc.... hence this name change.

It's not a looker, but I'm sure they have plans for the company down the road.
1640191001587.png

I don't care if the current gen of cars are 10s per lap faster or whatever... to fans, that's just a number. Nothing tingles my motorsport emotions the way these grand prix cars do. That's how proper F1 cars are supposed to sound like.

Back
Top Bottom