FABOLOUS was arrested for domestic violence.

If Lil Wayne has been washed half his career and isn’t a legend, then with that logic DMX isn’t a legend. His run as the top rapper (98,99) was shorter than the three years you have Wayne.

Wayne is responsible for all these trash fiend rappers with face tats and disgusting autotuned singing voices coming into popularity. Dude had two albums that were OK for the time and which he sounded coherent/like a normal adult on. If that makes him a legend...

Legend status isn't just about quality, notoriety is a factor too. That's why I put Wayne up there.

Luda first three intros
CFC0DC94-BC8A-4C8D-800C-3250F585795F.png
Southern Fried Intro is up there with They Dynasty intro for me.

Wayne is responsible for all these trash fiend rappers with face tats and disgusting autotuned singing voices coming into popularity. Dude had two albums that were OK for the time and which he sounded coherent/like a normal adult on. If that makes him a legend...

His influence is legendary in itself tbh, the good and the bad. Dudes gotta stop thinking legend = 10/10 nonstop amazingness. Legend status is tied to your popularity more than anything else.

He doesn't have any classic albums though.

His mixtapes >>>>> his albums

His influence is legendary in itself tbh, the good and the bad. Dudes gotta stop thinking legend = 10/10 nonstop amazingness. Legend status is tied to your popularity more than anything else.

He doesn't have any classic albums though.

His mixtapes >>>>> his albums

I agree with you on this; his influence is undeniable, regardless of how terrible everyone he influenced is :lol: don't get me wrong, I still listen to some of those Wanye clones for the comedic value like "damn this dude is so trash that it's actually hilarious"

I mean Young Thug first came out, I seriously thought it was Wayne on even more drugs than he was usually on at the time (If that's even possible)

Wayne is absolutely a legend and has 2 classic albums with Carter 1 & Carter 2. His work with the Hot Boys can’t be ignored. And he was lyrically up to par with any rapper from 02-07.

And as much as he’s influenced the ***** y’all love to hate.....

He’s also a heavy influence on a lot of the newer ***** y’all love to love. Kendrick Lamar’s main influence is Lil Wayne. Obviously Drake. And Cole is a huge Wayne fan.

Reactions: HIM
I agree with you on this; his influence is undeniable, regardless of how terrible everyone he influenced is :lol: don't get me wrong, I still listen to some of those Wanye clones for the comedic value like "damn this dude is so trash that it's actually hilarious"

I mean Young Thug first came out, I seriously thought it was Wayne on even more drugs than he was usually on at the time (If that's even possible)

Yah stuff like that is why I put him so high status-wise. I legit can't think of another rapper who birthed so many kids in the game besides maybe Gucci. Even rappers he just influenced directly like Kenny and Drake without them copying him. Hell we give son credit for autotune rappers like that's not TPains **** :lol:

We know he's washed but if Carter V dropped today most of us would be listening to it even if just to see if he can go back to old form/talk about how trash it is :lol:

When ***** think Wayne and influence....they think Carter 3 to now Wayne. They don’t remember the Squad Up, Suffix, Dedication to the Carter 1/2 Wayne that ***** actually came up on. ***** forget K.Dot came out rapping exactly like Wayne before finding his footing :lol:.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/0...mpaign=referral_google_amp&utm_medium=organic

Lil Wayne, Tha Carter (2004)
Label: Cash Money/Universal

J. Cole: “Being from the South and being from that whole No Limit/Cash Money movement you’re a Wayne fan. You give him his props just for being associated with the Hot Boyz. It was at a period when I had just gotten to college.

"I had a suitemate that ended up being one of my good friends in life, and he was putting me onto these Lil Wayne Squad Up mixtapes. I started really noticing his lyrical ability. I noticed that something had changed between his younger Hot Boyz days and then.

"After that, we got out and went home for the summer. He was like, ‘Did you hear this Lil Wayne Tha Carter?’ and he sent me his album. I’ll never forget hearing that intro thinking, ‘This **** is crazy.’ That album and his first Dedication mixtape was what got me sold on him to the point where I was going out and praising Lil Wayne, like, ‘This ***** is the best.’ This album represents that time when he started to hit that monster level.”

That’s “influence”

Reactions: HIM
To bring things full circle, Fab’s work ethic can be compared to Wayne more so than most others in the GOAT conversation, only difference is the rappers that mimicked his style didn’t achieve the same success as Wayne’s. Lloyd Bank$ might be Fab’s Young Thug for example

Yeah if we're talking longevity Fat Joe from the east coast and E-40 from the West Coast started their career before Jay and still have had new songs on the radio recently. There have been a lot of good points made about Jay snaking dudes over to get to where he is but that's pretty much been rule of thumb for everyone that's gotten to the top in the music industry

300k ?

If true that’s wild.

Still would’ve used every ounce of restraint in my body to not put hands on her because a man ; especially one of note will always “lose” in that situation.

But the pops? Idc if he’s you father or that he’s older.

We’re for sure engaging in fisticuffs.

I mean we all assumed it was a reason Fab got so heated and was was wildin out ...still no reason for him to be punching Shorty in the mouth tho

300k ?

If true that’s wild.

Still would’ve used every ounce of restraint in my body to not put hands on her because a man ; especially one of note will always “lose” in that situation.

But the pops? Idc if he’s you father or that he’s older.

We’re for sure engaging in fisticuffs.
300k and a couple guns. Pray they not dirty

Back
Top Bottom