Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

Ginzo wrote:

How will anything me or you write on NT help abused children?
Trying to guilt trip me eh? It's not working.

I'm against insigificant actions.
They don't accomplish anything but make a mediocrity of the actions people who commit their lives to stopping issues such as this.
My mom's a social worker, she scoffs at idiotic things such as this. So don't think I'm one of those people thinking I'm cool because I'm not following a trend.
"If you really care go help children hands on", that's what my mom says to ppl that think these trends matter.
Too many people are blinded by this propaganda.
"your vote matters", "2 secs of your time can change such and such"
IMO I don't think it will.
If you're not actually doing something significant to stop this issue, then you're just bsing yourself.
People will use it to boost their ego and tell themselves "I made a difference."
Lemme put this in terms of fapping since you probably won't read this whole post.
Some people think that by fapping they can achieve muscle in their forearms.
Truth is fapping won't increase dog poop.
Changing your profile pic on FB is such an insignificant action, IMO it's not going to do anything significant to help the cause in the longer run.
All this trend is doing is attracting people who could give dog poop about child abuse.
What I would do as an alternative is to go to a park.
Go talk to the parents you see there to aware them.
It's better to have people committed to stopping an issue then hundreds that could give a crap.

but this isn't about you, its about the kids
wink.gif

Ginzo wrote:

They don't accomplish anything but make a mediocrity of the actions people who commit their lives to stopping issues such as this.
My mom's a social worker, she scoffs at idiotic things such as this. So don't think I'm one of those people thinking I'm cool because I'm not following a trend.
"If you really care go help children hands on", that's what my mom says to ppl that think these trends matter.
If you're not actually doing something significant to stop this issue, then you're just bsing yourself.
People will use it to boost their ego and tell themselves "I made a difference."
Lemme put this in terms of fapping since you probably won't read this whole post.
Changing your profile pic on FB is such an insignificant action, IMO it's not going to do anything significant to help the cause in the longer run.
All this trend is doing is attracting people who could give dog poop about child abuse.
It's better to have people committed to stopping an issue then hundreds that could give a crap.

but this isn't about you, its about the kids
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot
blah blah blah blah blah blah
wall of text
then....
blah blah blah blah

finish wall of text
Whoever thinks that is a pure idiot. You even thinking that people think that makes you come off as an idiot.

blah blah blah blah blah blah
wall of text
then....
blah blah blah blah

finish wall of text
Whoever thinks that is a pure idiot. You even thinking that people think that makes you come off as an idiot.

I didn't read most that you said, but I guarantee that it didn't help anybody, let alone little abused children.  I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish with all the stuff you just typed, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't written with the intention of helping anybody either.

That's why i'm clapping.

One small action with good intentions >>>>>>>>>>>> one small action trying to stop other people's good intentions

Why are you so against that ?
Alright... well, I don't feel anywhere near as seriously about this as you apparently do.

Sorry to tell you though, I didn't really read most of what you just typed.  I figure it's some long drawn out version of "You're not accomplishing anything".

All I know is I saw random cartoons of Facebook a couple days ago, and here I am arguing about the merits of the trend on NT.  Guess it was enough to make me focus a lil more thought on child abuse awareness.  Total mission fail I suppose.

I still can't understand what is the possible downside that you guys are seeing to this, but whatever.

I didn't read most that you said, but I guarantee that it didn't help anybody, let alone little abused children.  I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish with all the stuff you just typed, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't written with the intention of helping anybody either.

That's why i'm clapping.

One small action with good intentions >>>>>>>>>>>> one small action trying to stop other people's good intentions

Why are you so against that ?
Alright... well, I don't feel anywhere near as seriously about this as you apparently do.

Sorry to tell you though, I didn't really read most of what you just typed.  I figure it's some long drawn out version of "You're not accomplishing anything".

All I know is I saw random cartoons of Facebook a couple days ago, and here I am arguing about the merits of the trend on NT.  Guess it was enough to make me focus a lil more thought on child abuse awareness.  Total mission fail I suppose.

I still can't understand what is the possible downside that you guys are seeing to this, but whatever.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Who are you to say who is an idiot or not?
Go type in a ridiculous question in google I bet they're be a long discussion about it on Yahoo answers.
Of course it's a wall of text.
Any post longer than a Dr. Seuss rhyme is a wall of text.
You just proved my point.
That's exactly why I included that analogy for people just like you.
Me thinking that people think that makes me come off as an idiot?
Oh really?
Go turn on your TV, watch some commercials.
Want a hot bod? Buy so and so. All you have to do is wear this special belt that shocks your abdominals and you'll get rock hard abs in no time or your money back.
It's evident that a majority of people believe in those types of products.
But I know won't read this so who am I trying to convince?

Okay, that's all you need to say. Everything else was just babble. I will now ignore you and this topic.

Of course you would ignore me since you follow these type of meaningless trends.
You want no insight other then people that agree with you.
That's fine, I mean that is why you're a
Edit: Well I'm at my 25 post limit. ttyl
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Who are you to say who is an idiot or not?
Go type in a ridiculous question in google I bet they're be a long discussion about it on Yahoo answers.
Of course it's a wall of text.
Any post longer than a Dr. Seuss rhyme is a wall of text.
You just proved my point.
That's exactly why I included that analogy for people just like you.
Me thinking that people think that makes me come off as an idiot?
Oh really?
Go turn on your TV, watch some commercials.
Want a hot bod? Buy so and so. All you have to do is wear this special belt that shocks your abdominals and you'll get rock hard abs in no time or your money back.
It's evident that a majority of people believe in those types of products.
But I know won't read this so who am I trying to convince?

Okay, that's all you need to say. Everything else was just babble. I will now ignore you and this topic.

Of course you would ignore me since you follow these type of meaningless trends.
wink.gif

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

That was the vibe I was getting from your post.
Oh so people can't have opinions unless they do such and such?
Freedom of speech brah.
Oh we're butt hurt because we disagree with your shenanigans?
I'm being critical about this trend because it makes a mediocrity of the actions of people who actually care about this issue.
Such as the actions of social workers or "real" awareness groups that people can join in FB.

To be perfectly honest I have not donated to such and such to stop child abuse.
And I'm not gonna say oh well I donated such and such to this organization because you shouldn't use those types of actions to boost your ego.
You do them out of the kindness of your heart.

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

That was the vibe I was getting from your post.
Oh so people can't have opinions unless they do such and such?
Freedom of speech brah.
Oh we're butt hurt because we disagree with your shenanigans?
I'm being critical about this trend because it makes a mediocrity of the actions of people who actually care about this issue.
Such as the actions of social workers or "real" awareness groups that people can join in FB.

To be perfectly honest I have not donated to such and such to stop child abuse.
And I'm not gonna say oh well I donated such and such to this organization because you shouldn't use those types of actions to boost your ego.
You do them out of the kindness of your heart.

wink.gif
... Did you just make a fake quote by me so that you could talk crap?

WOW.  Guess i'm not against child abuse. Yo family shoulda beat you way more.

wink.gif
... Did you just make a fake quote by me so that you could talk crap?

WOW.  Guess i'm not against child abuse. Yo family shoulda beat you way more.

this is like raising awareness about murder. who isn't aware that murder was happening. I think something like teenager sex slave/sex trafficking in America is something that needs the general public isnt aware of. but i cant think of anything clever for people to do on fb to get people to participate.

this is like raising awareness about murder. who isn't aware that murder was happening. I think something like teenager sex slave/sex trafficking in America is something that needs the general public isnt aware of. but i cant think of anything clever for people to do on fb to get people to participate.

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by taymane23

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that
but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though.  I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the !@*$ of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to itAt the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.
Exactly. It's just a picture on a damn networking site. Not something fighting against child abuse as people are claiming. You call us cynical for disagreeing that what your doing has meaning. We aren't saying it's negative, but you aren't making a difference in anything. You are just posting a picture on a damn networking site. You're not any cooler for trying to add purpose to your pointless facebook games, just like we aren't any cooler for not changing our pics. 

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that
but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though.  I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the !@*$ of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to itAt the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.
Exactly. It's just a picture on a damn networking site. Not something fighting against child abuse as people are claiming. You call us cynical for disagreeing that what your doing has meaning. We aren't saying it's negative, but you aren't making a difference in anything. You are just posting a picture on a damn networking site. You're not any cooler for trying to add purpose to your pointless facebook games, just like we aren't any cooler for not changing our pics. 

Originally Posted by Wade187

Fine, I won't use statements then.

Why cross out what I said to type the same thing?
If we're sitting here arguing over whether or not it's really gonna raise awareness, doesn't that answer the original question?
Won't more people click this thread because of the arguement we're having and the growing number of posts within?
Doesn't that make me right?
Well, DOESN'T IT?!?!?

laugh.gif

If we're sitting here arguing over whether or not it's really gonna raise awareness, doesn't that answer the original question?
Won't more people click this thread because of the arguement we're having and the growing number of posts within?
Well, DOESN'T IT?!?!?

laugh.gif

Well, DOESN'T IT?!?!?

laugh.gif
I don't see what original question your speaking of. If it's the one about raising awareness then no. Everyone was aware of this prior. If it's another question, then I'm lost lol

Well, DOESN'T IT?!?!?

laugh.gif
I don't see what original question your speaking of. If it's the one about raising awareness then no. Everyone was aware of this prior. If it's another question, then I'm lost lol

typical NT to hate on people for following a trend. Ol salty %!@ people because other people are having fun. Ol' debbie downer %!@ clowns. no one is forcing you guys to do it. It seems to me that a lot of this arguing can be squashed by having the people actually changing their profile pic to do something more like actually donating or something

Back
Top Bottom