Fair Weather Fans

Yankees until 2004 now for baseball its the Sox by far...

Cowboys I say overall though....I mean I know they havent won anything in forever, but prob. half of their "fans" came from the success they had inthe 90's

sad to say, my Lakers are probably tops in that category. Especially during the mid 90s when we were doing bad.

Originally Posted by JD617

OP, are you a Lakers fan?
wink.gif

No hard feelings.

That was the one year my ticket package didn't include the Lakers game. I'm glad I wasn't there. I would've been fighting people.

Los Angeles is one of the worst for this. People who don't even care about sports are fans come playoff time.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Warriors? If there were any fair weather warrior fans they have prolly jumped ship to lakers.
word, all of the fairweather warrior fans jumped off the ship last year already...

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Lakers, Chargers, Warriors
smh.gif
smh.gif

They had a strong fanbase before and after the playoffs
And the Kings fans are NOT WARRIOR fans, if anything it makes Kings fans look fair weather.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Warriors? If there were any fair weather warrior fans they have prolly jumped ship to lakers.
word, all of the fairweather warrior fans jumped off the ship last year already...

A HUGE % of Warrios "fans" were Kings "fans" before the Warriors one good season..

Originally Posted by eaalto

Los Angeles is one of the worst for this. People who don't even care about sports are fans come playoff time.
Ugh coming from a guy that was born and raised in Los Angeles
Dodger fans are baaaaad

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I
Love seeing that video but it also shows you the bad shots he takes.

Don't blame him though with smush open I would fadeaway with two defenders on me too
laugh.gif

Steelers fans, they were nowhere to be found between Neil O'Donnell and Roethlisberger.

overall itd probably be like the Lakers or Bulls or some team with a hugeee fan base.

% wise it is the New Jersey Nets and it aint even close.

The *%*!%#@ Swamprats entire fan base are fair weather fans. Finding a Nets fan in the 1990s was like finding a nun with AIDS, it just didnt happen. EVERYONEin the tri state area was a Knicks fan or a Bulls fan riding Jordan's !*++. I remmeber going to those Knicks/Nets games at Continental in the 90s (wherethe seats were 100x cheaper so it was
smokin.gif
and just as local) and EVERYONEin the stands was a Knicks fan. it was like being at a mini MSG. Ewing would get a standing ovation when his name was called and the Nets were booed.

But around 2001 when the Knicks started to decline and the Nets got JKidd and co and went to the Finals that is when he new generation of Nets fans (aka theSwamprats) began to emerge. All the unloyal Knicks fans mostly around Jersey that supported them when they were winning in the 90s imm/ediately switched overto the Hudson to become Nets fans. It was terrible, there were clearly still more Knicks fans than Nets fans but the %s in a place like NJ went from like 95-5to like 60-40 and probably even 55-45 for awhile. Mother $@$**$! made me sick. People going up to me ripping on my Knicks and im just like "wait werentyou a Knicks fan 5 years ago??" Saying dumb %+++ like "Yeah at least i was smart enough to leave" or the worst "How can you watch a teamwhen theyre bad??"
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

They still dont have a large enough fan base to have the MOST fair weather fans. Cause a team like the Lakers have a bunch but they have alot of real fans aswell. and that will come with any team with a big fan base like the Knicks in the 90s and the loyal ones stayed and the non loyal ones crossed over to theSwamp. But no team in professional sprts has a higher % of fair weather fans than the Nets. I think something like 80+% of them are fair weather and 90+% ofthem were Knicks fans at some point in their lives if they were born before 2000.

I cant wait for these dudes to crawl back when we start to tun around, the good thing about losing is you know who the real fans are, the fans that will stickno matter what. You never really know til it actually happens. I mean now that the Nets are starting to lose again they cant sell for *$%@, and that is whathappens when youre entire fan base is fair weather. The Knicks did have alot of fair weathers who left but we have more loyal @%* fans than most of the otherteams. We are usually top 10 in attendance every year regardless of our record and that shows something. I mean even when the Nets were good they struggled tosell out playoff games
laugh.gif
Playoffs at MSG were *%*!%#@ rocking, hottestticket in town by farr
smokin.gif

smh.gif
at the Nets as an organization in general/ And now they wanna move in to our city. one Team, One New York
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

The definition of a Swamprat is a Nets fan and the definition of a nets fan is a converted Knicks fan
smh.gif

I enjoyed watching the kings in their heyday but not a fan. I disagree with u on a huge % w's fans were kings fan the warriors have had a great attendancerecord when they were alsolutly terrible. We have always had a great fan base.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

smh.gif
smh.gif

And the Kings fans are NOT WARRIOR fans, if anything it makes Kings fans look fair weather.

Don't get me started. Hella bay heads was riding with the Kings when they were good and decided to switch it up when the Warriors had that one good run.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Don't get me started. Hella bay heads was riding with the Kings when they were good and decided to switch it up when the Warriors had that one good run.
+1. Not sure how old some of you cats are, but when the Warriors were (still are) garbage, no one was around. Now all of a sudden everyone is webelievin'.

I'll throw the Niners and Giants in there too.

Originally Posted by truthmain

smh.gif
smh.gif

+1. Not sure how old some of you cats are, but when the Warriors were (still are) garbage, no one was around. Now all of a sudden everyone is we believin'.

I'll throw the Niners and Giants in there too.
Niners and Giants??????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lakers sticks out most to me, being a Cali resident.

See: Lakers flags, those antenna balls on cars. More times than not, they're the ones who are all of a sudden fans since the team is doing good/far in theplayoffs

Back
Top Bottom