FAQS/Quesitons About Living in Dubai/Middle East

I orignally made a post about people living in the Middle East, but then I got a bunch of PMs asking about living and working in Dubai, so I decided to post some pics and answer any question about life here, work and overall being in another country.

I've been living in the U.A.E (live in Sharjah, work in Dubai) for about 10 months. I'm back in the states for about a month to visit family, but the Middle East is my home for the foreseeable future.

Any Nters in the living/working/stationed in the Middle East? What country? How long?

Has the unrest in the region affected you? How bout this gawd damn heat? How has been the adjustment moving from the states to the ME?

I know most that are probably are in the military, but I want to see if any live in the region for other reasons, like school, work or are from the ME.

I orignally made a post about people living in the Middle East, but then I got a bunch of PMs asking about living and working in Dubai, so I decided to post some pics and answer any question about life here, work and overall being in another country.

I've been living in the U.A.E (live in Sharjah, work in Dubai) for about 10 months. I'm back in the states for about a month to visit family, but the Middle East is my home for the foreseeable future.

Any Nters in the living/working/stationed in the Middle East? What country? How long?

Has the unrest in the region affected you? How bout this gawd damn heat? How has been the adjustment moving from the states to the ME?

I know most that are probably are in the military, but I want to see if any live in the region for other reasons, like school, work or are from the ME.

yeah..

we're gonna need some pics
nerd.gif

exactly how hot is an average day where you're at? i wouldn't be able to do it for that reason alone

exactly how hot is an average day where you're at? i wouldn't be able to do it for that reason alone

I work for neither. My family and I have some businesses in east Africa so I stay in Dubai and purchase supplies. Dubai/UAE is the trading/supply center for the region. From construction equipment/parts, building materials, textiles and what not to industrial restaurant equipment, supplies, even raw material good likes flour, sugar, anything bulk you buy in Dubai and ship to various parts of the middle east, or East Africa.

Alot of military stop in Dubai before they head to Afghanistan (contractors not really military i mean). And truth be told Dubai is more like the wall street financial center of this part of the world so most people here are in business or banking. Construction is still a driving force for most of the blue collar jobs here in the area. All over the cities skyscrapers are being built up. Most people here are on 1 year visas working on various construction site. Alot Americans i meet here are engineers working of some mall or bank, or housing complex.

Just picture Dubai being a New York of the middle east. Its the center of all business, entertainment, fashion for the region.

Oh next to Rome, Dubai has some of the baddest women walking the face of this earth. Not just Arab, but because fashion has really gotten big here, all nationalities live here, so alot of beautiful Indian, Asian, European women live here (I'm married so I got eyes only for my wife)

I work for neither. My family and I have some businesses in east Africa so I stay in Dubai and purchase supplies. Dubai/UAE is the trading/supply center for the region. From construction equipment/parts, building materials, textiles and what not to industrial restaurant equipment, supplies, even raw material good likes flour, sugar, anything bulk you buy in Dubai and ship to various parts of the middle east, or East Africa.

Alot of military stop in Dubai before they head to Afghanistan (contractors not really military i mean). And truth be told Dubai is more like the wall street financial center of this part of the world so most people here are in business or banking. Construction is still a driving force for most of the blue collar jobs here in the area. All over the cities skyscrapers are being built up. Most people here are on 1 year visas working on various construction site. Alot Americans i meet here are engineers working of some mall or bank, or housing complex.

Just picture Dubai being a New York of the middle east. Its the center of all business, entertainment, fashion for the region.

Oh next to Rome, Dubai has some of the baddest women walking the face of this earth. Not just Arab, but because fashion has really gotten big here, all nationalities live here, so alot of beautiful Indian, Asian, European women live here (I'm married so I got eyes only for my wife)

i need find my hard drive with some pics so give me a minute, my daughter is acting up. Well i left back to the states last week and it was 106 when i left. right now i called my brther and he said it got to 101 today.

Don't get it twisted during the summer it hits 100 plus every day, but once winter comes its down to the 80s and with it being on the water, the breeze makes it very pleasant.

i need find my hard drive with some pics so give me a minute, my daughter is acting up. Well i left back to the states last week and it was 106 when i left. right now i called my brther and he said it got to 101 today.

Don't get it twisted during the summer it hits 100 plus every day, but once winter comes its down to the 80s and with it being on the water, the breeze makes it very pleasant.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

Also understand everywhere there is ACs on full blast people actually complain that its piping hot outside and freezing cold insides. also the city is so big no one is just walking around just to walk. Either you drive or take a cab so you spend little time outside during the hot months.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

Also understand everywhere there is ACs on full blast people actually complain that its piping hot outside and freezing cold insides. also the city is so big no one is just walking around just to walk. Either you drive or take a cab so you spend little time outside during the hot months.

Originally Posted by Law3001

Which part of Dubai would be equivalent to "da heightz"?

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

My bad Dubai is Manhattan
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ain't no where in the world like Da Heightz except Da Heightz

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

My bad Dubai is Manhattan
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ain't no where in the world like Da Heightz except Da Heightz

Back
Top Bottom