Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Spinoff idea: Fast and The Furious Future

Dom and the gang wake up 100 years from now after being frozen. They have to find out who froze them and why.
(It was Ja Rule and Bow Wow) There's flying cars equipped with laser guns and stuff. Maybe aliens. The main bad guy is Brian. ( Turns out he's a cyborg)

6 is the clear best, whole crew assembled, great villain, upgraded in every way
8 is next at this point, action was insane, missing a few key members, maybe the best villian in Cipher, stakes extremely high with Dom's kid
5 is next, Rock upgrade was genius, weak as hell villain tho, dude was worthless. But huge step in the franchise
7 the good bye to Brian, painful close, wish we could have seen the story if Paul was still alive and where they would have headed, awesome villain,
1 the OG, started it all, Point Break remake with cars, special film, everyone so young, but it was simplistic and watered down action compared to 5-8
4 the return of the main cast, Braga was pretty good, but otherwise the storyline was softer than other films, great to see Han, but lose Letty.
2 seeing the introduction of Teja and Roman, Billickins back, and Brian in Miami, bringing in Fuentes, and Varone was pretty decent villain
3 is the "weakest" because Lucas isn't much, DK was meh, but Han was brilliant and the racing/cars were pretty dope. Dom cameo a huge plus.

To me, pretty simple, the 4 newest are so massively upgraded, and the first 4 were more "normal" and street racing heavy, and that's how they slot in terms of overall. The bottom 4 are still perfectly good films, just not on the scale of the newest 4. Bottom line, still a solid 6-7 movies in the franchise, and even the weakest 2-3 are still pretty good and have parts worth seeing/viewing multiple times. I could watch 2 and 3 with ease and be perfectly content watchin them. Compared to 5-6-7-8 tho, course they won't live up.
laugh.gif
I was holding on to 5 being the best simply because it was the most fun to me. I think I still get chills when Brian and Dom start shooting and save Hobbs after his crew gets killed... and then Hobbs saying "I'll ride with you Toretto" got me so damn hyped. The villain was weak, but everything else was so excellent that I still might prefer it deep down. I think I need to rewatch 6 and I might be ready to finally come around and agree with you that it's the best in the franchise. I think 8 will have to be docked simply because of no Brian but that really can't be helped.

Meh. Can't name a film by Johnson that I actually liked. I can't picture him acting like that.

Central Intelligence
Snitch
Gridiron Gang
Walking Tall
The Rundown
The Other Guys (very short but funny role)
Faster (meh)
Pain & Gain
Hercules
GI Joe

Been busy the last week finally saw it tonight

Statham :pimp: :lol: dude has range airplane with the baby easily best scene

Romey Rome getting that shine on ice, he gotta be top 10 now

Not gonna lie did not see Elena and a kid at all but something crazy like that definitely gotta be the reason why he went rogue. Elena :frown:

This one had a lot more emotions in it and lot more comedy, but still with a good amount of action and explosions and driving/racing

I was also sad when Statham was shot :lol: Deck and Owen tag teaming that plane was nice. Dude is a mamas boy like the rest of us :lol:

I assumed he'd be named Brian but would've liked Paul more

If you're gonna throw in the shaws now, this ain't a family it's an all star team :lol:

8/8

6 is the clear best, whole crew assembled, great villain, upgraded in every way

8 is next at this point, action was insane, missing a few key members, maybe the best villian in Cipher, stakes extremely high with Dom's kid

5 is next, Rock upgrade was genius, weak as hell villain tho, dude was worthless. But huge step in the franchise

7 the good bye to Brian, painful close, wish we could have seen the story if Paul was still alive and where they would have headed, awesome villain,

1 the OG, started it all, Point Break remake with cars, special film, everyone so young, but it was simplistic and watered down action compared to 5-8

4 the return of the main cast, Braga was pretty good, but otherwise the storyline was softer than other films, great to see Han, but lose Letty.

2 seeing the introduction of Teja and Roman, Billickins back, and Brian in Miami, bringing in Fuentes, and Varone was pretty decent villain

3 is the "weakest" because Lucas isn't much, DK was meh, but Han was brilliant and the racing/cars were pretty dope. Dom cameo a huge plus.

To me, pretty simple, the 4 newest are so massively upgraded, and the first 4 were more "normal" and street racing heavy, and that's how they slot in terms of overall. The bottom 4 are still perfectly good films, just not on the scale of the newest 4. Bottom line, still a solid 6-7 movies in the franchise, and even the weakest 2-3 are still pretty good and have parts worth seeing/viewing multiple times. I could watch 2 and 3 with ease and be perfectly content watchin them. Compared to 5-6-7-8 tho, course they won't live up. :lol:
I was holding on to 5 being the best simply because it was the most fun to me. I think I still get chills when Brian and Dom start shooting and save Hobbs after his crew gets killed... and then Hobbs saying "I'll ride with you Toretto" got me so damn hyped. The villain was weak, but everything else was so excellent that I still might prefer it deep down. I think I need to rewatch 6 and I might be ready to finally come around and agree with you that it's the best in the franchise. I think 8 will have to be docked simply because of no Brian but that really can't be helped.

You aren't wrong, it was a HUGE moment for Dom/Brian to save Hobbs ***. That did feel like a turning point in the franchise. And Hobbs riding with Toretto, also big.

But like you said, that villian was just nothin, hell, if he would have been the villian he was in Desperado we woulda had somethin. But he was weak in this one. Then you see Shaw (and his crew) in 6, and you just see the stakes raised so much. Throw Letty into that fold, and the emotion of losing Gisele, it's every bit as powerful to me. That's where I have to give the edge to 6, because it just has the tightest story, the fullest cast, best villian, it just doesn't miss a mark. Five is forever awesome, and brought the crew together for the first time, it certainly elevated the franchise, but 6, to me, just was the better overall movie.

I remember hitting a matinee with my wife for Fast Five, the day of the NFL draft, one of the best days of my life. That movie had me grinning ear to ear that day, and the Letty reveal after credits had us all walkin out the theater like Oh my Gawwwwwd. :lol: But Shaw in 6, vs whatever his name was in 5, not even a question.

This film never mentions Brian dieing.

Or did I miss something?

Because he didnt die in the movie world. Hes still alive raising a family with Mia. Thats why it was just weird/lame for Dom to name his kid Brian, after someone whos still living in that world.

Central Intelligence
Snitch
Gridiron Gang
Walking Tall
The Rundown
The Other Guys (very short but funny role)
Faster (meh)
Pain & Gain :x
Hercules
GI Joe

Moana
San Andreas
Be Cool

Yup, if there was gonna be a spin-off it definitely makes sense that it would be with those two.

Y'all think Vin was pissed about the after credits scene because he didn't want there to be a spin-off of the franchise?

The "knock your teeth so far down your throat you'll have to stick a toothbrush up your *** to brush your teeth" line is gold :lol:

Last edited:
Nah aint buying that life before you knew me stuff. He didnt evn know Brian and Roman had wired cars

How can they do a Hobbs/Shaw spinoff when Hobbs just said he was gon be a family man
Not that hard to imagine man. He simply said he needed time away from the job. He didn't quit. All they need is a big enough threat to pull him back.

Also I was kinda disappointed Luke Evans didnt get more shine in the airplane. I get that Statham has a prominent role in the movie opposite The Rock but it wouldve been nice to more brother tag team action :lol:

A Statham/Rock movie could be cool but it's doesn't really have the same feel as a f&f

In fast five Reyes was a drug lord throwing street thugs at them, i don't think they could've done more with his character. He's not as evil or cunning as the shaws, he's just a dude about his money.

I'd argue that the rock was more of an main antagonist in the movie

Universal Revs ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Spinoff For Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham

REX/Shutterstock
by Mike Fleming Jr
April 21, 2017 9:53am
EXCLUSIVE: Universal is huddling on a spinoff that will focus on the characters originated by Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham and most recently seen in The Fate of the Furious, sources said. The franchise architects have said they might broaden the universe with spinoffs, and source said this is the one they are pursuing.

RELATED
'Fate Of The Furious' Sets Massive $532M Global Opening Record & Sends Universal Past The Billion...
This is in early stages, but they’ve met on the concept, which sources said will be scripted by Chris Morgan, the chief writer of the series that is hitting new heights with the eighth installment. The idea is for Johnson’s U.S. Diplomatic Security Agent Luke Hobbs to form an unlikely alliance with Statham’s Decker Shaw for a movie that conceivably could be made while they are figuring the next Fast film.

Johnson stepped into the franchise in Fast Five, and Statham established his in Fast & Furious 6. Each began as an antagonist to the core street-racing family but grudgingly earned their way into the circle of trust.

There’s not much more to say right now; Morgan hasn’t begun writing, but they are talking. Johnson and Statham certainly showed good chemistry in the new film, which going into its second weekend has grossed $685 million worldwide. The two-hander spinoff seems a clever way to extend a franchise, which has shown little signs of running out of gas.

RELATED
‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Review: Despite Bond-Style Ludicrous Antics, Latest Sequel Delivers The Stunts Fans Expect

Last edited:
statham-rock spin off movie would be feel like expendables 2.0 , doesnt have Fast and furious vibe

statham-rock spin off movie would be feel like expendables 2.0 , doesnt have Fast and furious vibe

not if it has well timed cameos from fast & furious.

there's no way universal doesn't extent this franchise till ds last drop... they're making more money than Marvel movies :lol:

I think your underestimating how much the general fan base
Likes those 2 characters. Statham was only back because people Liked his character. Michelle Rodriguez even talked about it. It made no sense having him join the crew but people wanted to see him

Spinoff idea: Fast and The Furious Future

Dom and the gang wake up 100 years from now after being frozen. They have to find out who froze them and why.
(It was Ja Rule and Bow Wow) There's flying cars equipped with laser guns and stuff. Maybe aliens. The main bad guy is Brian. ( Turns out he's a cyborg)

I feel like some of you just can't be entertained

picking apart Fast movies like it's real life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom