Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

why you all dogging steve blakes twin brother lucas black? lol

if they do go forward with more fast movies he will probably be the guy

chris hemsworth after that ron howard movie would be a good cast. have him start out bad then go good

I'm all for bama boy getting the main role since it would make sense story wise. O'Connor has a kid to raise, Sean should be out for revenge on his mentor

The one thing they can't afford to do is rush it

Fast 8 is obviously scrapped script wise so they should take the time to do 7 and if they have to push it back to 2015 when Fast 8 was probably penciled in then that works best for everyone I'd imagine

See, I always thought 7 was going to be the end anyways, and then I saw they had intent for 2-3 more, and that part surprised me big time.

But now.......do they simply finish out 7 to honor Paul, and then let that be it? Vin-Michelle-Jordana really gonna keep goin with 8, 9 etc?

That part I struggle with. I want to see 7 to see how they resolve everything with Han, now Paul, Statham, etc, and then let that be the close. I don't know if I want more past 7. I would imagine it would get easier by that point for them, they can then start over with new pieces if they want, build it back up with a newer cast or something, but should they?

I was kind of wondering if like Eva would come back, as she was close to Brian in 2, would Denzel now actually accept something in an 8 or whatever, just to help out? Do they recast Brian? (I wouldn't) or just simply bring in new people to join up, like what's his name from the first one that hasn't come back, not Jesse, the other guy (forgot his name)

I don't see The Rock sticking around forever, he's barely going to be in 7 because of other projects, I just don't see how they keep it goin now. With Paul, sure, they could go on forever if they wanted. As long as it made money, and people enjoyed, 8-9-10, sure. But now? :\

Kinda wanna just see 7 and let that be the close of it all. Let them honor him, and then shut it down. We'll see I guess.

See, I always thought 7 was going to be the end anyways, and then I saw they had intent for 2-3 more, and that part surprised me big time.

But now.......do they simply finish out 7 to honor Paul, and then let that be it? Vin-Michelle-Jordana really gonna keep goin with 8, 9 etc?

That part I struggle with. I want to see 7 to see how they resolve everything with Han, now Paul, Statham, etc, and then let that be the close. I don't know if I want more past 7. I would imagine it would get easier by that point for them, they can then start over with new pieces if they want, build it back up with a newer cast or something, but should they?

I was kind of wondering if like Eva would come back, as she was close to Brian in 2, would Denzel now actually accept something in an 8 or whatever, just to help out? Do they recast Brian? (I wouldn't) or just simply bring in new people to join up, like what's his name from the first one that hasn't come back, not Jesse, the other guy (forgot his name)

I don't see The Rock sticking around forever, he's barely going to be in 7 because of other projects, I just don't see how they keep it goin now. With Paul, sure, they could go on forever if they wanted. As long as it made money, and people enjoyed, 8-9-10, sure. But now? :\

Kinda wanna just see 7 and let that be the close of it all. Let them honor him, and then shut it down. We'll see I guess.

Universal will keep making them as long as they dominate box offices.

I'd be okay with 7 being the last

It all really hinges on Vin; if he says he's out after 7 then they prob have to at least take a few years off

There has been 8 Jame Bonds and 12/13 Doctors, why cant there be a whole new group?

There has been 8 Jame Bonds and 12/13 Doctors, why cant there be a whole new group?
Maybe because the group defines the franchise? I get your point with James Bond and the various Dr. Who's...Maybe those work because the films deal with one character. To me, F&F will always be associated with Walker, Diesel and Co. I wouldn't want a new group. I think they should find a way to seek revenge on Han and bring closure to Walker's character and end the series.

Maybe because the group defines the franchise? I get your point with James Bond and the various Dr. Who's...Maybe those work because the films deal with one character. To me, F&F will always be associated with Walker, Diesel and Co. I wouldn't want a new group. I think they should find a way to seek revenge on Han and bring closure to Walker's character and end the series.

Tokyo Drift doe.

It just sucks because every character basically exists because of a connection to Walker in the films.

Tokyo Drift doe.

Yeah, I understand. But Vin Diesel still showed up in the end. I'm sure everyone who watched Tokyo Drift still wanted to see either Spillner or Toretto on the film.

TD........Vin goes alone to race the new Drift King.....mentions "back when Han rode with my crew"

That piece "could" be used as after Brian, ya know?

Not sure what all they have planned, but there's a small, usable piece.

Most people went to see TD for the Vin cameo alone

I think they'll make 8 it just won't be as soon as planned maybe a 3-5 year wait

Last edited:
It didn't doe.

Those examples I used for character switches were both British. I guess us Americains can't handle that. Everything must stay the exact same from whenever it was created. Word to the government and the legal system.

Lol, it didn't??

It didn't sucked because they switched the people. It sucked because it SUCKED

Lol

Last edited:
James Bond isn't the best example because it's one character that just changed out actors but kept the character the same.

No way the OG crew would be cool with letting someone else play O'Connor and replacing the whole crew doesn't work.

5 and 6 were so successful bc of the action and then the chemistry of the crew.

No one goes to see Bonds for the actor even though the quality has varied widely

2 Fast 2 Furious was definitely worse than Tokyo Drift. It was a pretty good movie, it just gets crapped on because non of the originals were in it plus it brough us Han.

Yeah, as far as the franchise goes, I though TD was definitely better than 2 and 4.

As stand alone movie though, I love it for what it was since I was big into initial D at the time and like people mentioned, Han was really cool in it.

:lol: People hate on Tokyo drift because #1 Bow wow is in it, #2 they hate Bama boy, and #3 most don't get the Japanese/drifting scene.

Seriously it's one of the better films in the series for racing and imagery. Open your eyes and stop the "durrrr but vin deezel omg" excuses

Back
Top Bottom