FDNY/Firefighter exam preperation?

in florida you need to become an emt first, is it the same for FDNY?
nerd.gif

Took it on Tuesday, as others have said don't think too deep into what's being asked. It's moreso so that they they can get a better read on what type of person you are and how you handle certain situations.

60,000 SIGNED UP for the test, but only 40-45,000 are projected to actually take the test.

Gotta hope you're in the top 5-6,000 to feel comfortable about moving forward in the hiring process.

*Fingers Crossed*

My test is on Wednesday. My mind is ready, but my body needs work 
grin.gif
, been hitting the gym as hard as I can for the past few months.

like everyones been saying... Test is easyy.. No need to study for it or over think it.... Its either you have it or you don't IMO.

Praying that I get a phone call for the Physical.

scored a 94 on the fdny test i'm #15,xxx. i feel so bummed out..... :frown: must drink tonight

I got a 101.0, 1,9xx. Wonder how the top dude got 118.0
did they give out extra points for veterans or for having a certain amount of college credits?  I know that some departments that I applied for in the past gave extra points on the question / written test portion.

Also for those advancing to the physical portion. If they have practice days, go out there and try it. That way it will help you in several ways.   You'll find out your strengths and weakness for the different events. Plus make sure you read and understand each stage (makes you comfortable with each one also). I'm not sure what stages / events they have for the physical test. But for one departments physical test they had some information within hand outs stating what you had to do or what not to do for each event. For example on ladder raise, you had to make sure every rung was touched when putting the ladder up. If not you were DQ'd. Also for the stair master touched the side rails after timing started bam DQ'd. Just make sure you read the information they hand out to you and verify / clarify anything that you aren't sure of.   Also going to these practices days helps you be seen, which could help you down the road. It shows that you have initiative.  

As others have stated if your in shape you'll be okay. 

I scored 100 but im In the 30xx numbers... Meanwhile the the first person to score 100 is 2000ish

I wonder how they figure out the order for same test score

^^^ Same here bro. Im number 3,0xx aswell.

Im just feeling really optimistic righ now.

did they give out extra points for veterans or for having a certain amount of college credits?  I know that some departments that I applied for in the past gave extra points on the question / written test portion.

Yea they did. I got a residency credit so I probably got one wrong. I've read on another forum that the top 8000 or 8500, not sure which, gets called for the next stage, according to some ratio from previous tests.

on a Mac press command + F and a search bar will come up.... just type in your name
Ok thanks. I got a 90 on it. List number was 25K. I guess there go my chances of being a Fire Fighter.

Last edited:
There is one other person with the same name as me.
So I either scored 100 and I'm # 32xx or I scored a 98 and in the 5k's

BIG disparity for just 2 points. Very competitive to say the lest. Now I need to hit the gym.
Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Bump.

I got called and start CPAT training on the 20th. Anyone else got called? :nerd:

Bump.

I got called and start CPAT training on the 20th. Anyone else got called? :nerd:

My brother told me his friend just got called as well... He was around #1900ish

I'm #3010, I got another 1-2 years

Good luck... Keep us posted on how it goes :pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom