Federal Job Thread - US Customs is hiring

federal goverment is always trying to hire. I work for social security and we interview a lot of people all year long. there is going to be a large group of people that are going to retire because they are baby boomers so get an ap in asap.we are going to hire a lot of people within the next few years. so, if you got that degree or work experience then file for any federal agency.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

I took the test yesterday in LA.

How'd you take the test when open period started today?
Maybe you're thinking border patrol.
you
I took the test for Customs & Border Patrol.  Maybe its not the same, either way I can almost bet its the same test??
Was there a Spanish test or a test to see if you can learn Spanish?
Yes there was a Spanish test.  And if you don't know Spanish there is an ALT(Artificial Language Test).
SMH @ me not knowing spanish.   So I took the ALT language test.  WHICH IS HARD.
I think I should've just taken the Spanish test.
The ALT test gave you rules of the language and made up words.  Its similar to Latin, so I think I did okay, but now VERY WELL.
I know I did really well on the Problem Solving portion.

you
I took the test for Customs & Border Patrol.  Maybe its not the same, either way I can almost bet its the same test??
Yes there was a Spanish test.  And if you don't know Spanish there is an ALT(Artificial Language Test).
SMH @ me not knowing spanish.   So I took the ALT language test.  WHICH IS HARD.
The ALT test gave you rules of the language and made up words.  Its similar to Latin, so I think I did okay, but now VERY WELL.

you

you

you
You went in for Border Patrol, they wear brown and patrol the border.
This entry is for US Customs, the people the screen international flights, and cargo.

This is the test they take:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov...y/entry_guide/cprepmanual.ctt/cprepmanual.pdf

you
You went in for Border Patrol, they wear brown and patrol the border.
This entry is for US Customs, the people the screen international flights, and cargo.

This is the test they take:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov...y/entry_guide/cprepmanual.ctt/cprepmanual.pdf

i work for a international customs broker, too bad ive only been there for a year, i wouldve applied too since im all certified for pretty much has to do with screening

i work for a international customs broker, too bad ive only been there for a year, i wouldve applied too since im all certified for pretty much has to do with screening

Originally Posted by i3allistic

hmmm...i apply last night, and already got a testing notice for Dec 15th already ...

Yeah everyone that qualify will get a testing date, study for the test, good luck!

Originally Posted by i3allistic

hmmm...i apply last night, and already got a testing notice for Dec 15th already ...

Yeah everyone that qualify will get a testing date, study for the test, good luck!

I know people that have passed and are still waiting on this job for years so, I gotta cross my fingers on this one.

I have my test coming up as well, luckily it landed on my day off.

From my previous job I was able to work in the same building at a Shipping Co. where a couple of them are stationed at and it was a real laid back assignment for them. Pretty much went through some cargo here and there, confiscate fake goods, etc.

I remember them saying you just gotta deal with whatever assignment they give you when you first start and work your way up to a nice schedule/assignment.

I've also spoke to a CBP Officer recently, dude said they got word that they plan on lowering the pay-rates and as well as pushing the retirement from 55 y/o to 65 y/o. But from my experience with Federal, doesn't matter who in management has "said" this, nothings official until it's on paper. 

Hopefully I can pass the written and move on to the other tests. Good luck yall.

I know people that have passed and are still waiting on this job for years so, I gotta cross my fingers on this one.

I have my test coming up as well, luckily it landed on my day off.

From my previous job I was able to work in the same building at a Shipping Co. where a couple of them are stationed at and it was a real laid back assignment for them. Pretty much went through some cargo here and there, confiscate fake goods, etc.

I remember them saying you just gotta deal with whatever assignment they give you when you first start and work your way up to a nice schedule/assignment.

I've also spoke to a CBP Officer recently, dude said they got word that they plan on lowering the pay-rates and as well as pushing the retirement from 55 y/o to 65 y/o. But from my experience with Federal, doesn't matter who in management has "said" this, nothings official until it's on paper. 

Hopefully I can pass the written and move on to the other tests. Good luck yall.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

I originally started reading the application, and it looked exactly like the Border Patrol application, so I thought it was the same thing.

I just scheduled my test for December.

That Border Patrol seems like the Army Compared to Customs which seems like the Air Force!!!
The training is about 2 months shorter too.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

I originally started reading the application, and it looked exactly like the Border Patrol application, so I thought it was the same thing.

I just scheduled my test for December.

That Border Patrol seems like the Army Compared to Customs which seems like the Air Force!!!
The training is about 2 months shorter too.

Gonna get my testing date within 10 days.

Jumpman if you already work for the DHS do you think that gives you somewhat of an advantage when applying?

Gonna get my testing date within 10 days.

Jumpman if you already work for the DHS do you think that gives you somewhat of an advantage when applying?

Back
Top Bottom