Filipino Culture Thread

I gave someone in my class polvoron and they tried it for the first time. His face puckered up and asked if it was all sugar.

Polvoron isn't really that sweet compared to alot of American candy. The texture is weird lol.

It's great with beer because of the dryness

Idk if it counts as finessing but I chatted with a Nike CSR awhile back and I ask the rep if he was Filipino because he had a Filipino-esque name (it was like Joseph Nicolo Uy :lol:). We chatted in Tagalog and I was nice to him then proceeded to give me a coupon :lol:

I actually spoke to a distant relative when I was talking to a call center rep. Spelled my last name isn’t a common name so thought it was pretty cool when he said he had th dam last name. I was asking questions about his family but he didn’t really want to answer any questions.

I actually spoke to a distant relative when I was talking to a call center rep. Spelled my last name isn’t a common name so thought it was pretty cool when he said he had th dam last name. I was asking questions about his family but he didn’t really want to answer any questions.

They can get fired if they reply back in Filipino. They will literally hang up the phone asap instead of responding. LOLOL

I was speaking to them in English. Just a coincidence to speak to a distant relative on a call center line.
They hung up on me a couple of times.

I asked my cousin who owns a call center. They said they are strict about speaking in English only.

They also train their call center folks to have rural american accents - those "twangs" or yeehaw southern accents.

That Filipino Hookup at the Popeyes full of Filipino’s by me.

23E6A987-BAE7-474C-973D-A7BA6BA3A11F.jpeg

I think the fung bros are kinda corny but this place looks amazing.

Place is actually very dope. I commented one time on their IG and when I went, the manager hooked me up pretty nicely. It’s one of the few places I actually “crave” to go back to.

Tfw you cough and choke on the polvoron cause its so dry lmao

I want to try that fung bros video place. Even though its just fusion, like taking a another dish and replacing it with longonisa lol. Looks good af.

Fung bros are corny. But then again, everyone popular on youtube is. Main demographic are 12 yr olds *cough fousey*

Some Jolibee chicken sounds so good. Made some nilaga tonight...But it isn't stopping my craving for fried chicken lol.

The company we used have a call center in the Philippines, and every time I call them I just asked hows the weather and where they from lol.

Serious question! Can your parents make the chicken & spaghetti better than Jollibee? My mom's pho is definitely better than any Vietnamese restaurants out there. There's 2 ways one homestyle & restaurant style. I love Jollibee. Just wondering because imagine an old *** white grandma making chicken pot pie lol.

I typically only have bagoong with Kare Kare. Sometimes I'll have it with sinigang or mangaang hilaw.

Went through the whole thread haha
Born and raised in LA now living in Boston.
Went to tito rads two weeks ago in woodside. Crispy pata only 13 bucks while some places charge 20+.

Make the perf meal.
Chicharon bulaklak
Crispy pata
Pork Adobo
Mengthomas all purpose sauce
Jufran banana ketchup
Worcestershire sauce
Garlic pried rice
Halo halo ube ice cream leche flan and nata De coco for days.

My dad makes some unreal beef steak legit so simple onions soy sauce 7 up and lemon and of course steak.

Back
Top Bottom