Filipino Culture Thread

Everytime I go back to the PI, it's crazy how open all the guys are to each other with cheating on their wives and girlfriends likes it an absolute no big deal.

Those telesereyes are NO FANTASY, FAM.............it seems they based on some IRL **** over there :lol: (well except the ones that involve ******* vampires and werewolves and ****)

I kinda want to back to the motherland since I haven't been there since 94. But that flight is like 18 hours plus from NJ and ain't cheap SMH. One day I'll go back though

Everytime I go back to the PI, it's crazy how open all the guys are to each other with cheating on their wives and girlfriends likes it an absolute no big deal.
I find men in general are perfectly OK with cheating. This would describe about 75 percent of married men or men with girlfriends that I know, personally.

They don't even sound guilty when they talk about it either :lol:

I'm heading to PI SOLO in October. Cebu and Palawan, what do I need to do/eat?

I'm heading to PI SOLO in October. Cebu and Palawan, what do I need to do/eat?

Cebu is known for their lechon but to be quite honest I wasn't super impressed. It was still really tasty, but I actually enjoyed the lechon I got in Manila better.

This was a "Lechon Market" in Carcar which I believe is like the lechon capital of Cebu
2018-08-04_12-39-35.jpg

Then there's also Oslob where you can swim with whale sharks/butanding. Definitely really cool
2018-08-04_12-40-25.jpg

And there's Tumalog Falls near Oslob but unfortunately it was closed off when I visited last year so I didn't get to see it. I did go to Aguinid Falls which is a smaller set of water falls that you can climb up and entrance was like $3 USD or something and you get a guide that helps you climb. It was a little crowded when I went though

2018-08-04_12-45-58.jpg

As for Palawan, you definitely have to see El Nido. I stayed in Puerto Princesa and it was meh. There was the Underground River which was kinda cool and there is some island hopping to do but from what I've seen and heard El Nido is A LOT better.
2018-08-04_12-40-59.jpg

2018-08-04_12-41-14.jpg

2018-08-04_12-41-37.jpg

Last edited:
Dope looking vacay. Need to take the wife and kids out there one of these days when they’re older so they remember it.

Will be back in the PI in 2 weeks, exercising and dieting hard af right now so I can eat all the lechon and crispy pata when I arrive.

Reactions: Ube
I asked my wife if she'd want to visit the PI with our kids and she declined to because she isn't close to any of her relatives out in the homeland and the family here is who she's known all her life.

I understand her reasoning. For me, I want to go back to the PI to visit the places benzilla427 benzilla427 went to and to party with my well-off cousins. (supposedly they're friends with the girls on TFC lol)

I need to visit Palwan or Boracay. Been to the Philippines about four times. I usually just stay with the fam.

Cebu is known for their lechon but to be quite honest I wasn't super impressed. It was still really tasty, but I actually enjoyed the lechon I got in Manila better.

This was a "Lechon Market" in Carcar which I believe is like the lechon capital of Cebu
2018-08-04_12-39-35.jpg

Then there's also Oslob where you can swim with whale sharks/butanding. Definitely really cool
2018-08-04_12-40-25.jpg

And there's Tumalog Falls near Oslob but unfortunately it was closed off when I visited last year so I didn't get to see it. I did go to Aguinid Falls which is a smaller set of water falls that you can climb up and entrance was like $3 USD or something and you get a guide that helps you climb. It was a little crowded when I went though

2018-08-04_12-45-58.jpg

As for Palawan, you definitely have to see El Nido. I stayed in Puerto Princesa and it was meh. There was the Underground River which was kinda cool and there is some island hopping to do but from what I've seen and heard El Nido is A LOT better.
2018-08-04_12-40-59.jpg

2018-08-04_12-41-14.jpg

2018-08-04_12-41-37.jpg
Man you wasn't nervous swimming that close to that beast???? Lol

going to philippines in september, seeing my lola she's 91 and haven't seen her in 10 years.
i haven't been back since 07, so it's gonna be great to see the fam. my mom is one of 41 first cousins so it's crazy huge fam party, and my grandpa is 1 of 12 siblings so all they want is the johnnie walker and henny.
any recommendations?

going to philippines in september, seeing my lola she's 91 and haven't seen her in 10 years.
i haven't been back since 07, so it's gonna be great to see the fam. my mom is one of 41 first cousins so it's crazy huge fam party, and my grandpa is 1 of 12 siblings so all they want is the johnnie walker and henny.
any recommendations?

No glove, no love.

I never knew we had a thread :lol:

For the American-born in here, how well do you speak/understand Tagalog? I was born and raised in Jersey but I understand almost fluently but admittedly my speaking is poor.
I'm fluent in speaking Tagalog.

So what's the best Filipino food spot in the SF Bay Area?
Chibog on Gellert in Daly City is pretty good. So is Tselogs.
Nick's Kitchen is a vegan place in Daly City. I was actually impressed.
If you want to go family style, go to Isla in Union City or San Bruno.
RSM in Hercules is decent.

Blame the media for somewhat regulating it. Many plots of telenovelas/movies are based on mistress/switching spouse situations.

Speaking of which, when will Ang Probinsyano end? :rofl: It's kinda ridiculous how they keep dragging it to the point where there isn't a plot anymore.

Back
Top Bottom