Filipino Culture Thread

Nah, theyre top of Asian levels especially without Australia and NZ but they had a week preparation and no practice with JC so you might be right lol

What's a good book to reading regarding the history of us Pinoys in the US?

pid_23819.jpg
34939312.jpg

431286.jpg
In_Our_Image_%28Karnow_book%29.jpg

I still don't get why the top players of the country aren't playing on this team.

I still don't get why the top players of the country aren't playing on this team.

I looked up JMF, he’s resting in between PBA conferences. I assume the PBA schedule is messing with the team.

Clarkson was cleared to play by the nba but I thought his problem was FIBA rules...?

where can i get pilinas nike gear? authentic okay... no knockoffs... LOL

and american sizes... i can't fit into an asian XL

where can i get pilinas nike gear? authentic okay... no knockoffs... LOL

and american sizes... i can't fit into an asian XL
Not from your wife's auntie, that's for sure. She came here with a non-brand "Gilas" shirt with my name screen printed on the back. Smh.

I'm still on the search lol.

Politics, aaand pretty much the rivalry between San Miguel Corporation and the Manny Pangilinan/Smart company. Though the SBP is the governing body when it comes to our national basketball team, it's littered with officials primarily from the MVP group. So it's kind of annoying when both conglomerates loan players because these groups, especially San Miguel, come up with so many excuses or stipulations before a player can suit up for the PH team.

One example was Marcio Lassiter. He's like our Steph Curry. Dude claimed to have pneumonia by San Miguel but he was seen at a Warriors game...

Also, the fact that the PBA plays a season divided into THREE FREAKING conferences (All-Filipino, Commissioner's Cup, and Governors' Cup) players are worn out throughout the year. I used to cover the PBA for 3 years and I shared their EXHAUSTION :lol:

It's nice to see James Yap/Ageless Asi Taulava/Yeng Guiao/Gabe Norwood/Paul Lee have their reunion.

Politics, aaand pretty much the rivalry between San Miguel Corporation and the Manny Pangilinan/Smart company. Though the SBP is the governing body when it comes to our national basketball team, it's littered with officials primarily from the MVP group. So it's kind of annoying when both conglomerates loan players because these groups, especially San Miguel, come up with so many excuses or stipulations before a player can suit up for the PH team.

One example was Marcio Lassiter. He's like our Steph Curry. Dude claimed to have pneumonia by San Miguel but he was seen at a Warriors game...

Also, the fact that the PBA plays a season divided into THREE FREAKING conferences (All-Filipino, Commissioner's Cup, and Governors' Cup) players are worn out throughout the year. I used to cover the PBA for 3 years and I shared their EXHAUSTION :lol:

It's nice to see James Yap/Ageless Asi Taulava/Yeng Guiao/Gabe Norwood/Paul Lee have their reunion.
3 Conferences? Yikes. Yeah, I know of Lassiter. He was a dude I played with a couple times in SF back in the day. That's sad that there are so many politics that are hindering the national team to actually being good.

**** marcio lassiter for not playing but seen him im the gym a couple times seems like a chill dude. I cant blame him for not playing if the guy who cuts his checks tells him not too.

The asian games aint really important tbh just crazy to see an NBA player playing for Gilas. Zhou Qi will probably feast on our big Alamazan would be the best bet against him.

Pringle Lee Clarkson would dominate their backcourt though.

Dam just watch some highlights on that Lassiter dude. He definitely models a lot of his game from Steph haha.

Thanks for this info. Don't know anything about ball in the Philippines. Crazy they just can work this all out. Typical.

Yeah, those three conferences defeat the purpose of being a champion in the PBA. If you're a player, the probability of you becoming a champion increases especially if you're signed with either any of the San Miguel/Smart teams because you have three chances to do it.

Also, parity is nonexistent in that league. Bottom-dwelling teams don't have the chances to build because they "stupidly" trade assets for old players from top-tier teams.

My apologies if I'm overly critical with the league. It's because we Filipinos glorify the sport but the league has found many ways to corrupt it. I'm an Aces fan and I wasn't upset they traded away Calvin Abueva. It's business and he's been lackluster. But if he was brought up by Ginebra, dude would automatically be Mark Caguioa status, and never leave the team and the PBA :lol:

Mathew Wright > Lassiter offensively

Also PBA operates closer to Football than basketball those lopsided trades include cash. So its just like they’re buying the players like in football.

If you think about it like that it isnt so bad but some of these organizations need to be relagated .

Marcio is indeed deadly beyond the three especially now JMF developed a jumper and pretty much San Miguel's stacked

Pringle/Lee/Clarkson is DEFINITELY legit

If only Pringle/Clarkson had Philippine passports when they were young :sick::smh:

Marcio is indeed deadly beyond the three especially now JMF developed a jumper and pretty much San Miguel's stacked

Pringle/Lee/Clarkson is DEFINITELY legit

If only Pringle/Clarkson had Philippine passports when they were young :sick::smh:
They cheated a way to get clarkson one TBH.
They said that he didnt have one then a couple years after Clarkson had one before he was 16 and just lost it.
I dont think Fiba bought it though.

They should ideally had over the reigns to Coach Tab
Use clarkson instead of blatche who is never in shape. We have enough bigs now.
Not world beaters but clarkson is better than blatche .

Fajardo
Aguilar
Almazan
Erram
Slaughter
Rosario can play spot minutes at 4

Edu should be ready in two years as well.
Kai in a couple more years.

Mathew Wright > Lassiter offensively

Also PBA operates closer to Football than basketball those lopsided trades include cash. So its just like they’re buying the players like in football.

If you think about it like that it isnt so bad but some of these organizations need to be relagated .

The PBA doesn't have limits when it comes to trades. They'd OK anything that will bring people to the games. I've been to games when the Araneta Center would be so empty because of the *** teams playing during that time.

A little trivia: In a gameday, the PBA plays two games. Ginebra NEVER plays the first game, they're always slated for the primetime slot because more people would show up because.. it's GINEBRA.

Wright's legit, too. Dude looks like Klay Thompson from the three. It won't be long until he becomes part of ANY of the SMC/Smart teams :lol:

Back
Top Bottom