Final : ******** [13] Cowboys [7] - 9.12.2010 - Sunday Night Football - WK 1

Just know, that someone, somewhere in this very thread, is going to be guaranteed to make "quotes of the week" in next Monday's week in review thread. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You know things are being recorded and saved as we speak. 

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This Haynesworth mess is making me sick.
smh.gif
Too much ego all around....just play the guy. What vet goes 100% in the preseason? Point was made...dude was "humiliated." Move on...no matter what people may think, this defense is 10x better when he's on the field.
I feel you..

But we needed a coach with an iron fist.  I'm not mad at Mike at all for making sure this is HIS team.  Haynesworth is a very valuable asset but no player is worth the locker room drama.  Mike won the media battle.  It's time to move on.

It seems like they are on the same page when it comes to football but so much went before that now it's "personal."

With the iron fist mentality, you have to have a common sense in order to be effective, and in Shanahan's case he clearly doesn't have that.  Having power and being intelligent at the time are two separate things.....just ask George W. Bush.  At the end of the day the defense is better with Haynesworth on the field, no need to make more out of the situation that what it already is.  He already cashed the check, now it's time to just move on and be mature about it.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This Haynesworth mess is making me sick.
smh.gif
Too much ego all around....just play the guy. What vet goes 100% in the preseason? Point was made...dude was "humiliated." Move on...no matter what people may think, this defense is 10x better when he's on the field.
I feel you..

But we needed a coach with an iron fist.  I'm not mad at Mike at all for making sure this is HIS team.  Haynesworth is a very valuable asset but no player is worth the locker room drama.  Mike won the media battle.  It's time to move on.

It seems like they are on the same page when it comes to football but so much went before that now it's "personal."

With the iron fist mentality, you have to have a common sense in order to be effective, and in Shanahan's case he clearly doesn't have that.  Having power and being intelligent at the time are two separate things.....just ask George W. Bush.  At the end of the day the defense is better with Haynesworth on the field, no need to make more out of the situation that what it already is.  He already cashed the check, now it's time to just move on and be mature about it.

As a Cowboys fan, I am too nervous about this game. The O-Line will be the deciding factor "if" we get this win.

Monday morning should be very interesting in the DMV.....

As a Cowboys fan, I am too nervous about this game. The O-Line will be the deciding factor "if" we get this win.

Monday morning should be very interesting in the DMV.....

Trent Williams's NFL baptism by fire begins Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field.

Washington's big-stage season opener will mark the first of many difficult matchups early this season for the rookie left tackle, beginning with the Cowboy's DeMarcus Ware. In the following weeks, Williams also will draw elite pass rushers Mario Williams, Trent Cole and Dwight Freeney.
But Ware starts things off, and Williams said there could be no more difficult opening-night assignment.
---
The ******** defense is hungry to show its new aggressive, ball-hunting style. It appears the group will be drawing the Dallas Cowboys on a good week. At least a couple of starting offensive linemen are not expected to play.

Right tackle Marc Colombo will miss Sunday's game, according to reports, which should be good news for ********' linebackers rushing the edges
The Cowboys' line is the weak link in its offense and the ******** will face it at a good time. Dallas will also be without starting left guard Kyle Kosier, who's still recovering a knee sprain. Montrae Holland will get the start at left guard and Alex Barron will likely replace Colombo at right tackle.

Quarterback Tony Romo was sacked 34 times last season, an average of 2.1 per game. In five preseason games, Dallas quarterbacks were sacked 16 times, an average of 3.2 per game.

---
So who will return punts Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field?

"I don't know," Buchanon said with a smile. "You have to ask coach."

When pressed by reporters, Buchanon seemed to indicate he would be the guy against the Cowboys. "I'm going to try to calm myself, try to deal with it and take what they give me," he said. "Not try to do too much; just take what they give me and run with it."

--

Inside linebacker London Fletcher was again selected as a team captain on defense, quarterback Donovan McNabb received the honor on offense and Lorenzo Alexander on special teams, but Alexander only for the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, Coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday after practice at ******** Park.

Trent Williams's NFL baptism by fire begins Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field.

Washington's big-stage season opener will mark the first of many difficult matchups early this season for the rookie left tackle, beginning with the Cowboy's DeMarcus Ware. In the following weeks, Williams also will draw elite pass rushers Mario Williams, Trent Cole and Dwight Freeney.
But Ware starts things off, and Williams said there could be no more difficult opening-night assignment.
---
The ******** defense is hungry to show its new aggressive, ball-hunting style. It appears the group will be drawing the Dallas Cowboys on a good week. At least a couple of starting offensive linemen are not expected to play.

Right tackle Marc Colombo will miss Sunday's game, according to reports, which should be good news for ********' linebackers rushing the edges
The Cowboys' line is the weak link in its offense and the ******** will face it at a good time. Dallas will also be without starting left guard Kyle Kosier, who's still recovering a knee sprain. Montrae Holland will get the start at left guard and Alex Barron will likely replace Colombo at right tackle.

Quarterback Tony Romo was sacked 34 times last season, an average of 2.1 per game. In five preseason games, Dallas quarterbacks were sacked 16 times, an average of 3.2 per game.

---
So who will return punts Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field?

"I don't know," Buchanon said with a smile. "You have to ask coach."

When pressed by reporters, Buchanon seemed to indicate he would be the guy against the Cowboys. "I'm going to try to calm myself, try to deal with it and take what they give me," he said. "Not try to do too much; just take what they give me and run with it."

--

Inside linebacker London Fletcher was again selected as a team captain on defense, quarterback Donovan McNabb received the honor on offense and Lorenzo Alexander on special teams, but Alexander only for the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, Coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday after practice at ******** Park.

Bruce Allen already said burgundy jerseys RT @RickMaese: Dont make any Vegas bets on the team wearing all-black Sunday night. Aint happening.
-Rick Campbell (CSN) Twitter

Damn...I must admit...would have been cool to see a Black ******** Jersey/Combo
laugh.gif

Bruce Allen already said burgundy jerseys RT @RickMaese: Dont make any Vegas bets on the team wearing all-black Sunday night. Aint happening.
-Rick Campbell (CSN) Twitter

Damn...I must admit...would have been cool to see a Black ******** Jersey/Combo
laugh.gif

******** in black jerseys?

That would've been interesting to see.

Was it rumored they might wear black jerseys Sunday?

******** in black jerseys?

That would've been interesting to see.

Was it rumored they might wear black jerseys Sunday?

Jammal Brown came out and told a local media member today that they were going to wear Black Jerseys-Pants-Socks with Gold on the side of the pants then came out an hour later and said he was just lying
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Jammal Brown came out and told a local media member today that they were going to wear Black Jerseys-Pants-Socks with Gold on the side of the pants then came out an hour later and said he was just lying
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom