Finally a licensed pharmacist!

Originally Posted by kiendienn

what are your thoughts on job security and the increasing competition in this field?

do you find that the market may be oversaturated say within the next half decade or so?
it will be, but eventually people will find the saturation and switch fields, and the demand will go up again. but u can't have those thoughts. if ur good at what u do, they can't replace u.

don't be like many pharmacists who don't know much, and just do the basics. ucsf prepared me well, and hopefully i'll apply what i learn.

but pharmacy in general will always be in demand. maybe certain places will be saturated (like orange county or san francisco), but u can always relocate. there are always jobs, and they pay extremely well.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

what are your thoughts on job security and the increasing competition in this field?

do you find that the market may be oversaturated say within the next half decade or so?
it will be, but eventually people will find the saturation and switch fields, and the demand will go up again. but u can't have those thoughts. if ur good at what u do, they can't replace u.

don't be like many pharmacists who don't know much, and just do the basics. ucsf prepared me well, and hopefully i'll apply what i learn.

but pharmacy in general will always be in demand. maybe certain places will be saturated (like orange county or san francisco), but u can always relocate. there are always jobs, and they pay extremely well.

Originally Posted by scribble253

Good job Nyk Buc! You will be seeing a lot of money coming your way. Nice to see there are still folks out there putting there family first. I always wanted to pursue pharmacy major in college but always had trouble in chem and bio.
Same here.  Always had trouble in those classes, so I was like f it.  
Congrats OP, you definitely inspired me to do better 

Originally Posted by scribble253

Good job Nyk Buc! You will be seeing a lot of money coming your way. Nice to see there are still folks out there putting there family first. I always wanted to pursue pharmacy major in college but always had trouble in chem and bio.
Same here.  Always had trouble in those classes, so I was like f it.  
Congrats OP, you definitely inspired me to do better 

when i was in high school, i was working in CVS at the pharmacy department...............the pharmacists were mad cool and laid back cept for this one *@!**%%%%..............oh and i thought yall only made 90k a year congrats though

when i was in high school, i was working in CVS at the pharmacy department...............the pharmacists were mad cool and laid back cept for this one *@!**%%%%..............oh and i thought yall only made 90k a year congrats though

i always wanted to become a pharmacist. back in college, i made the immature decision to do my undergrad in business administration/accounting because i didn't have the patience for 6 to 8 years of school. I sometimes regret it now. I ended up graduating, working for a Big 4 public accounting firm as an auditor, and got my CPA license. I'm 26 years old now and thinking about doing a total 180, and switching careers and pursuing my original dream. Thinking rationally, I would end up doing at least another 4 yrs of school, acquire a couple hundred grand of debt, and be at least 30 years old when its all said and done, it would be a lot easier to just stick around as a CPA in the field of financial reporting as I am now. I don't love accounting though, I see a lot of pharmacists who really see their career as something meaningful at he end of the day.....NT...anyone jump into pharmacy this late in the game, what do you guys think?

i always wanted to become a pharmacist. back in college, i made the immature decision to do my undergrad in business administration/accounting because i didn't have the patience for 6 to 8 years of school. I sometimes regret it now. I ended up graduating, working for a Big 4 public accounting firm as an auditor, and got my CPA license. I'm 26 years old now and thinking about doing a total 180, and switching careers and pursuing my original dream. Thinking rationally, I would end up doing at least another 4 yrs of school, acquire a couple hundred grand of debt, and be at least 30 years old when its all said and done, it would be a lot easier to just stick around as a CPA in the field of financial reporting as I am now. I don't love accounting though, I see a lot of pharmacists who really see their career as something meaningful at he end of the day.....NT...anyone jump into pharmacy this late in the game, what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

what about accounting you didn't love? I'm thinking about getting my MBA in Accounting so I just want to get a perspective from someone who is currently an accountant.

what about accounting you didn't love? I'm thinking about getting my MBA in Accounting so I just want to get a perspective from someone who is currently an accountant.

i have a total of around $100k in debt, but i went to a public school.
and yes u can be late to the game. my class had a 55 yo dude who was previously a lawyer, a 38yo woman who was previously a jr high school teacher, just to give u a few examples. 

i have a total of around $100k in debt, but i went to a public school.
and yes u can be late to the game. my class had a 55 yo dude who was previously a lawyer, a 38yo woman who was previously a jr high school teacher, just to give u a few examples. 

dang $127k.

pimp.gif

congrats

you should do what you love cause you only live life once

you should do what you love cause you only live life once

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i thought yall only made 90k a year congrats though
retail pharmacists in cali make more than any other state (120k+) compared to other states that average around 90-110k

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i thought yall only made 90k a year congrats though
retail pharmacists in cali make more than any other state (120k+) compared to other states that average around 90-110k

Congrats!

I tend to find that some pharmacists are better than some doctors. Pharmacists are not in the place to provide a diagnosis, but some of them have better diagnosed me and given the right drugs rather than the family doctor.

Congrats!

I tend to find that some pharmacists are better than some doctors. Pharmacists are not in the place to provide a diagnosis, but some of them have better diagnosed me and given the right drugs rather than the family doctor.

Congrats, OP. You're a success bro.

DC SOUNDS wrote:

laugh.gif
I'm in college now & I'm trying to decide between the 2.

Congrats, OP. You're a success bro.

DC SOUNDS wrote:

laugh.gif
I'm in college now & I'm trying to decide between the 2.

Back
Top Bottom