Finally a licensed pharmacist!

My NT brethren, 
Just wanna share that I just passed my board exams and now is a licensed pharmacist. I'm so ecstatic b/c now I can finally work and make some real cash. My mom, after working her hard @#@ for 40+ years as a seamstress that makes around 12-15k a year, I can now buy her a house and let her retire. That moment alone when I told my mom of this and she cried, was the best moment of my life.

My advice to those who are trying to go through school, be motivated and humble and you'll reach your goals.

My NT brethren, 
Just wanna share that I just passed my board exams and now is a licensed pharmacist. I'm so ecstatic b/c now I can finally work and make some real cash. My mom, after working her hard @#@ for 40+ years as a seamstress that makes around 12-15k a year, I can now buy her a house and let her retire. That moment alone when I told my mom of this and she cried, was the best moment of my life.

My advice to those who are trying to go through school, be motivated and humble and you'll reach your goals.

Congrats, I can't wait to gain the same sense of fulfillment 7ish years from now. 

Congrats, I can't wait to gain the same sense of fulfillment 7ish years from now. 

Congratulations 
pimp.gif

Just wondering, what do you do as a pharmacist? Do you work in a pharmacy like CVS or in a corporation?

Congratulations 
pimp.gif

Just wondering, what do you do as a pharmacist? Do you work in a pharmacy like CVS or in a corporation?

Originally Posted by scshift

Congratulations 
pimp.gif

Yup, work at CVS, and the hourly wage is great (comes out to $127k/yr), and you get increases yearly (and the amount varies depending on your performance). You also get a bonus at the end of every year (and the amount depends on your store performance).
Some people have a bad perception of retail pharmacy but I enjoy it b/c I'm a people person. And most people that I serve are very appreciative of my drug counseling. Obviously there are always pressures from ppl up top regarding profits, but what business doesn't have that. The key thing though is CVS is run mostly by pharmacists (their CEO is one too) so at least they have pharmacy in their heads for the most part.

Great job, good pay. Going to buy my first car soon since my commute is a b***tch, and my mom a house in a few months. Great to be spending your own money, instead of that government loans that I now have to pay back soon.

Congratulations 
pimp.gif

Yup, work at CVS, and the hourly wage is great (comes out to $127k/yr), and you get increases yearly (and the amount varies depending on your performance). You also get a bonus at the end of every year (and the amount depends on your store performance).
Some people have a bad perception of retail pharmacy but I enjoy it b/c I'm a people person. And most people that I serve are very appreciative of my drug counseling. Obviously there are always pressures from ppl up top regarding profits, but what business doesn't have that. The key thing though is CVS is run mostly by pharmacists (their CEO is one too) so at least they have pharmacy in their heads for the most part.

Great job, good pay. Going to buy my first car soon since my commute is a b***tch, and my mom a house in a few months. Great to be spending your own money, instead of that government loans that I now have to pay back soon.

OP going to be making big money.
Congratulations man.
What school did you go to for pharmacy?

Congratulations man.

my friend's mom also works as a pharmacist at CVS. Heard she makes bank mang. Congrats.

my friend's mom also works as a pharmacist at CVS. Heard she makes bank mang. Congrats.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

Congratulations man.
went to UCSF man. went there b/c of cheaper tuition than most, and wanted to live in SF for a lil bit. now back to socal haha.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

Congratulations man.
went to UCSF man. went there b/c of cheaper tuition than most, and wanted to live in SF for a lil bit. now back to socal haha.

Congrats fambs, I dream of the day I can buy my parents a house or a car just to show my appreciation

Congrats man, hanging in there is tough but the end result is well worth it. I'm currently on route to either a CRNA or PA. I have another 3-4 years to go. PS you must know math and chemistry like the back of your hand.

Congrats man, hanging in there is tough but the end result is well worth it. I'm currently on route to either a CRNA or PA. I have another 3-4 years to go. PS you must know math and chemistry like the back of your hand.

Congrats fambs, I dream of the day I can buy my parents a house or a car just to show my appreciation

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Congratulations 
pimp.gif

Yup, work at CVS, and the hourly wage is great (comes out to $127k/yr)
Those pharmacists at CVS make that much bank?
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom