FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

F U Nike retro department. They're on point with those Air Flows, but give us these watered down joints I feel you SinnerP
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

Nike not "Doing It Right"
395774048.jpg

boycott by not buying!!! just hope they do og colors and not discontinue cause they think no one want em. no one wants em in those weak colorways nike picked!!!

See, these c/w's will probably be a flop and someone in Nike will probably say "I told you these weren't gonna sell"... Do they not realize the people who want these, want these in specific c/w's and not "close enough" c/w's? With a proper OG c/w, these are guaranteed to sell to at least the sneakerheads.
Yeah, I know "sneakerhead" sales probably account for a small portion of Nike's total turnover, but aren't retros made for the fans?  If you're gonna retro a shoe for the fans, why not do it properly?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

See, these c/w's will probably be a flop and someone in Nike will probably say "I told you these weren't gonna sell"... Do they not realize the people who want these, want these in specific c/w's and not "close enough" c/w's? With a proper OG c/w, these are guaranteed to sell to at least the sneakerheads.
Yeah, I know "sneakerhead" sales probably account for a small portion of Nike's total turnover, but aren't retros made for the fans?  If you're gonna retro a shoe for the fans, why not do it properly?

Most sneaker blog commenters seem to like these. I got called out for being an elitist
laugh.gif

I spotted what I think is a new photo. I'm guessing samples but you never know.
http://www.ruvilla.com/main/future-releases/nike-trainer-sc-ii-whitelimegrey-black/
nike-trainer-sc-ii-white-lime-grey-black.jpg

------------

What's a new photo without some Photoshops. My most extensive work yet. Stay clear from any windows
laugh.gif

bcf252f40c6cec39c49b45114a6641f67146c53.jpg

Eight small changes turn a dull looking piece of crap into something worth looking at
-All Dark grey shades are made a little bit brighter (strap, swoosh, both heel pieces closest to midsole
-Bubble turned OG Grey
-Shade of lime is turned a bit more yellow
-Upper piece right to the right of the strap turned same shade of light grey as toebox
-Sockliner turned Aqua
-Grey lace lock turned OG white.
-Lower lacelock below strap turned Og White
-Achilles ankle piece turned OG white.
All were very small changes. The light grey upper and white elements are nearly perfect.. It's in the details though

dfd2569437666c00c0ab6bf392146e9884d714d.jpg

For this one, the changes were even less dramatic
-Sockliner turned to black
-Strap and Swoosh turned to black
-Lime forefoot and upper lacelock turned to red and saturation turned up a bit
-Heel "canvas" design was turned black
-"Canvas" type forefoot in black was added
-Achilles ankle piece turned OG white.

To be fair, that new pic with the deeper saturation looks a lot better. But damn Wally, those infrareds.

An elitist?
laugh.gif
Hell, I just want the OG's!

Most sneaker blog commenters seem to like these. I got called out for being an elitist
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An elitist, huh?  LOL  The problem with all these sneaker blog commenters is that most of them are kids who have NO clue about anything.  They just eat up what the blogs feed them.  They literally have no clue what the OG colorways were, or what is missing from these OG-esque colorways.  They see grey and neon and freak out, not knowing the teal is what really sets that colorway off.  D-bags.  [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And sadly, Nike knows this so they continue to put out all of these "almost" retros.   Personally, there's no way I'd buy these if not done right.  If that makes one an elitist then so be it......I'll be dat!  [/font]

In my opinion, the OG SC II 3/4's is just a better colourway. Regardless of origin.

I'm not against new colourways though. Probably because I wasn't even in school yet when some of these shoes debuted. The citron colour is nice in that new picture, and if I had never seen the OG, it wouldn't make a difference to me. But why go 90% without just retroing the OG colourway? It's a nice colourway that already has a history and just a good colourway in general.

Instead of trying to fix what isn't broken. They could of just released a colourway which (IMO) would do well anyway, even if the majority of the consumers don't know it's an OG colourway from however many years ago.

Welp.. Not much to say here. Samples from months ago have pretty much turned out to be nearly identical to the final product.

An Ebay seller has a FSR up for sale early. Official release date is April 7th. After 22 years, the launch colorway is the following:
2qi4d40.jpg

(more photos in the auction listing)

As a LS colorway, its not that bad. But the hate will be there regardless and deservedly so. As a launch retro after two decades, this aint even close to being enough.

Shape looks decent. Upper ankle padding has that circular indendtion. If the colorway was right, I would be riding off into the sunset with a trunk full of these. But alas, the nightmare continues.

Just to give you some perspective on the evolution from catalog to sample to final product:
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-black-varsity-red-01.jpg

-Can't really tell what the materials would be.
-The upper ankle lace lock is attached to the upper of the shoe without the border around the lace lock. The border was only on the top

To the real life Sample
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-2-black-red.jpeg

-upper lacelock border fixed. materials become apparent.

And then your final product has a lace switch with not many other changes.... That leaves me to believe that the White grey Citron WILL NOT have a aqua sockliner. That's just too drastic of a change.

designers at nike back then were so ingenuitive.

it's crazy these concepts they were able to play with and have them come to fruition.

nowadays, these kids at nike aren't too radical about much. Even as they decide to
dabble with yesteryears product, they decide to veer off into direction obscurity and
outright bastardize a once sough-after production.

*In Carl T. voice*

"AND I WISH I NEVER MET THESE AT ALLL!!!!!"

More heartbreak for today.. TSG just showed off the Holiday 11 lineup.
http://theshoegame.com/ar...-sc-ii-holiday-2011.html
Metallic Dark Grey – Anthracite – Black 443575-010
Deep Burgundy/Deep Burgundy//Black 443575-600
Black/ Black//Anthracite 443575-011

It looks like the 2011 lineup of these is complete. Time to log off NT until 2012. I have nothing to look forward to (lol. maybe just the one white grey black OG colorway in July). Absolutely devastating.

Maybe my count is off, But I am counting 9 colorways for 2011. One of those original, and two of those "close enoughs" in the white.lime, and the white.black.team orange

Thanks for the pics Wally. Not a surprise that they're excreting more putrid colorways. Just looking at the leather quality on the eBay picture I can tell its real cheap pleather. To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to even the OG wht/gry/blk colorway that's suppose to drop in July because I know I'll be disappointed in the quality regardless.
I'm done really caring about the shoe at this point....as a matter of fact, I need to change my sig pic...

Wally, the comments alongside yours on TSG basically sum it up.  People are either idiots or kids, but probably both.  Maybe blind, too.    
None of those colorways are even remotely good.  Horrible.  

W.T.F
30t6p3b.gif

Pass, pass and pass...
I said this about the all-black and the grey AGM 1's, but why the hell are they "covering-up" such a uniquely-designed shoe in all these dark colors?  
mad.gif

Such a #$%*ing shame cuz the SCII's are one of my favs, but yet with all these c/w's coming out, there isn't one that I like.  Maybe the green ones, but that's really stretching it. Saves me a few bucks for sure.

Absolutely horrible, plastic cheap materials combined with a color blocking that even Stevie Wonder would've done better while sleeping. I give up on this lame release

Originally Posted by SinnerP

W.T.F
30t6p3b.gif

Pass, pass and pass...
I said this about the all-black and the grey AGM 1's, but why the hell are they "covering-up" such a uniquely-designed shoe in all these dark colors?  
mad.gif

Such a #$%*ing shame cuz the SCII's are one of my favs, but yet with all these c/w's coming out, there isn't one that I like.  Maybe the green ones, but that's really stretching it. Saves me a few bucks for sure.

Yeah. Sometime's I don't understand the decision making. Maybe it's a different story with the average consumer, but especially with black and red colourways. How many people already have black/red shoes? And that's not the only thing that makes it a tough sell. It's also the colourway is kind of uninspired and does nothing with the design of the shoe.

Ya'll bring up a good point. cheap pleather. Maybe it's for the best that I'm not tempted to buy most of these. It's like they wanted to make my choice easy. No second thoughts. I appreciate that Nike.

-------------
superblyTRIFE, I was trying to get into the mindset of some of these people. Then I got to questioning, " Why do I like some of these original colorways?" I have no nostalgia attachment to any of these colorways. Why do I care that there is no aqua sockliner. As backwards thinking as this may sound, they are better NOT because they were originals and hold that mystique. They are better because they are better representations of the shoe. It's hard to put into word what I'm trying to say.

An Original Colorway could NEVER come out again in retro form but if they were to capture what the OG colorways did capture, then I would be happy. It's never been about this OCD complex for "OG colorways only or it's a fail". The original designers likely spent months perfecting not only the design of the shoe but where the colors and materials went. Those original colorways represented the best combination for those shoes. I just want the best representation on my feet. And if the best representations of that product are the OG colors, then I want the Originals. Likewise with retros. If those are better representations, then I want the latest. I'm a simple person.

I let the ones who like the weird colorways like them. I'll never think less of anyone for liking a non OG over an OG c/w. I've just seen the light of what's possible. The potential of these retros at their highest shining point, if you will. I just want what's best. The same "best" the OG designers thought would make their shoes thrive (and they did).

We're all on the same page here. Consider this my last post in here. Time for Nike to do something to make me type some words out. I feel like they've wasted enough of our time. Hibernation mode activated.

the instant one feals a dollar bill, one can usually detect if its real or not
you might be surprised

these shoes are same way, it takes a milli-second to detect how
different these are from the originals

it's a nightmare

i know this was posted by wally, but im reposting for anyone who didnt see it or read it a few posts back! CHECK IT!

holiday color-ways pictured

in the article they say OG color-ways are coming??? :dunno:

heres a link to the blog article

http://sneakernews.com/2011/03/26/nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-holiday-2011-colorways/

heres the new color-ways:

these look like crapola if u ask me!!! another letdown

c'mon og colorways!!

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-holiday-2011-preview-summary.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-holiday-2011-preview-01.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-holiday-2011-preview-02.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-holiday-2011-preview-03.jpg

mad.gif

eyes.gif

frown.gif

indifferent.gif

Back