FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

"banana" toe looks make it like you wearing 1 size smaller than your actual size. It makes it look like your feet stretching out the shoes..haha

Mullet Mode activated. It will take until christmas to get the look down perfectly. Shoes will be worn day of arrival.
pimp.gif

If you go back to photos of Bun B in the infrared pair, you get to see varying shades of red.
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...4--Pic-s--page-9?page=40

And this photo here:
http://c0013764.cdn1.clou...pacecloud.com/x2_5f9862c
Even with no flash and what is likely a cell phone picture, you can see some vibrancy of the infrared outrigger shining through

More here
http://www.highsnobiety.c...-launch-event-nyc-23.jpg
http://images.yuku.com/im...131e546b94130f22a918.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/28k396b.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2uihi7m.jpg Notice the red cup vs. tongue

Regarding the color differences in photos, I believe it. Lighting is funny though. If I see green in a photo, more than likely its green in real life situations.. If it's a yellow type of color in a photo, I know lighting and brightness could have played a huge role in getting that color where it's at. So with these QS citrons, if it's already green with terrible light, it's probably more green in real life. At least that's my reasoning here

I guess the same is true on the Infrared front. Bright outdoor situations, it's a real nice color.. Inside, it may be a different story.. Personally, in everyday situations, I can get down with wearing a white grey black VARSITY red style of shoe.. I can't do the bright green and dark blue that only looks good in ideal situations....
Who would've thought... Situational colorways... "Hey its sunny today. I better wear these guys." "It's cloudy today.. Darn it. No Citrons."

This can all play into the absorbancy and reflective properties of Nike's latest materials. I have never seen such vast differences..

I can with 95% confidence say they screwed it up big time, with your surrounding lighting needing to "correct" for what the shoes true colors really are.

The GRADE SCHOOL Auto Trainer from a few years back never had this misfortune of looking different in different lighting situations

Lemon Yellow type of color with a bit of Green plus a perfect Aqua
nike-auto-trainer-gs-white-grey-lemon-green-01.jpg

Different lighting. Where is the GREEN TINT?? There is none. It's PERFECT!
PAAAIALLHFDACMJA.jpg

rmr-01-15-11-1_070.jpg

%24%28KGrHqN,%21hsE3,H%2957rtBOKf1zQb%29Q%7E%7E0_3.JPG

Solar Red as this one was called is Perfect as well
PAAAAAOCNCMCEBJB.jpg

6086387.jpg

NI407916-100_pict2_9_1419_15959.jpg

%24%28KGrHqEOKnIE4Fi3hCt2BOFdudNYL%21%7E%7E0_3.JPG

456107836_o.jpg

Bottom line, whatever cheap ($* paint and materials Nike used on these is creating a vast difference in apperance under different lighting situations... Yet a Grade School release years ago just about perfected that color.

Im not about to let this sort of difference hinder my ability to enjoy them, but just don't fool yourself guys, These QSs are OFF.

Both photos brightened up a bit
cdc1504f7e43183a9e1c3ea4e9edd2cb7ace901_r.jpg

Call it a stickler or whatever else, when something came close to perfect just years prior, its not bad to expect the same thing out of world leading Nike.

-------------
Almost every retro in every genre for years now has had a wrong look in the toebox. Boxy is a great term for it. With the uses of cheaper stiffer materials, it was likely a natural progression to create it in that manner. It feels like the proportions in general are just off. Looking at a shoe, it appears the upper from the back angle moving forward to the forefoot is all generally the same, and the only difference between say a size 10 and a 12 is the length of the toebox. Right at the forefoot, they've decided to stop being proportional and get cheap with it. Shoes used to grow as a whole as you went up in size. Some how that stopped.

Here's a nice look at progression through the years
'88 original
08.jpg

-Every OG shoe used to have that sharp toebox look. The shoe is in motion just sitting there. Curves and lines that had a real purpose

Now a 2000 retro:
whitegreyblue-large.jpg

-It's lost some of its edgyness but it's a viable candiated considering its materials

2009 retro:
3369118031_5dcd706e53.jpg

-Toebox with a entire look of its own

This SC II, I have seen enough photos on the foot to know it's jacked up. I wont even get into that.

But alas... with all of these apparent flaws, ill be like a child upon arrival.

And I just shaved my head too! Mine would look something like this...

but it would take a year or so really, i think, to get the back like that

Wow green rhino123. Is the world ready for another mullet epidemic?
-----------

In other news, JimmyJazz.com has the citron GR for $59.99 plus shipping/taxes. The cheapest we have seen yet. Sizes 8-10 only though. So if you want an extra or know you can't get the citron QS, $60 plus shipping is not a bad bargain.

I've been following eastbay's pairs and what sizes get sold out.. $79.99 seems like the money zone for these on Eastbay. The chlorine blue pair has about 6 colorways sold out.. Everything else is sitting at $89.99 and retail.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

-----------

In other news, JimmyJazz.com has the citron GR for $59.99 plus shipping/taxes. The cheapest we have seen yet. Sizes 8-10 only though. So if you want an extra or know you can't get the citron QS, $60 plus shipping is not a bad bargain.

I've been following eastbay's pairs and what sizes get sold out.. $79.99 seems like the money zone for these on Eastbay. The chlorine blue pair has about 6 colorways sold out.. Everything else is sitting at $89.99 and retail.

Yeah, Shoe City(DMV store) had them for $59.99 last week. I took an L because I had paid $79 for mine, but I did get the Jordan III sandals for $34

-----------

i wanna know why the white/black colorway hasnt been discounted yet. my birthday is in 12 days. i know since these 2 colorways are QS so i wont be able to get um so i could atleast pick the white/black pair up for cheap for the bday. was gonna get um last month but i saw how quick they went on discount. something tells me the all black gonna go on sale before the white/black
ohwell.gif

OK wally now that i see those fusions, i can SEE the big difference in COLORS, thanks for that!!      
sick.gif

lighting effect on the citrons once more, one is green one is almost neon yellow,+%!, NIKE??? SITUATIONAL SHOES!!! LMFAO (wally) 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

%24(KGrHqQOKosE10HS9mffBNvvq6!k(g~~0_3.JPG

%24(KGrHqUOKnQE4S1e9lFcBOKKJ6(od!~~0_3.JPG

Originally Posted by NobleKane

-----------

i wanna know why the white/black colorway hasnt been discounted yet. my birthday is in 12 days. i know since these 2 colorways are QS so i wont be able to get um so i could atleast pick the white/black pair up for cheap for the bday. was gonna get um last month but i saw how quick they went on discount. something tells me the all black gonna go on sale before the white/black
ohwell.gif
Check Zappos.com...They have it for $99 but it was down to $88 for a couple of days. Plus its tax free and free overnight shipping with them. $88 is the cheapest ive seen.

Citysole.com has some pairs at $90. They are running some promotions for a couple bucks off.

ekhunter1, the changes there are drastic, and I'm no color expert. But I have never seen a yellow in real life APPEAR as a Green in a photo (all else equal. Hue or white balance shouldn't be an issue). So if anything, everyone dont get your hopes up on these as being just a bad quality "photo.. They do afterall have Citron in their name, so they will likely carry the same traits as the GR. On cloudy days, they're green. And on Sunny bright days, you have a yellow color... Two shoes in one. Nike's very first mood shoes.

My basis for this reasoning is that I have never seen the OG c/w or the autotrainer appear as a GREEN color. It's always yellow, because it is yellow.

Again this all likely means nothing. But we have two weeks to.. A good time waster this is.

congrats all i knew this day would come, didnt expect close to fall

i still dont get why they didnt treat this shoe like they did with the trainer high sc in the late 90's early 2000's. similar to og colorways but with different colors. i would have liked to see them do a white/carolina and white purple colorway. maybe a white/royal colorway too. whenever i see the all black i just bust out laughing
laugh.gif

I've noticed looking at some catalog scans, Nike loves to release things in color sets..

"Hey, theres a chlorine blue trainer max 94. Let's do a chlroine blue trainer sc II. But thats not all, we should do the air max 90, air max jr.. Ahh but yeah, our influence goes back a year or so with the air trainer sc HIGH black/chlorine/ snakeskin style release. That wasn't enough blue at that point. We need to force it on 5 other models.. Oh and let's do it on the griffey 2"

nike-retro-summer-chlorine-blue-pack-6.jpg

To put it nicely, those employees at Nike SW are living it with with this uninspired crap.

With the black/orange colorway in the SC II releasing shortly (some shops have them now), the Air trainer Max 94 is not far behind with its own white/grey/orange c/w.

Those days of yesteryear were just fueled with creavity. I know exactly what SC HIGHs youre talking about NobleKane. White Burgundy had a look. White lightnings. White/grey/navy/comet reds. Subtle variations of the OGs. but still very simple.. Nike doesn't currently understand this.. Give us a orange outrigger and accent pieces, much like the september GR, without the black, and instead some grey, and you have a winner.. Too much citron going on with the GR. Nike likely felt a basic looking shoe with simple color accents won't sell. The key to success has always been very simple. Yet Nike starts with that with almost every one of the GR SC IIs, and somehow changes each one into a downgrade. I would've loved to have seen a dual color combo like the teal/yellow OGs, in that exact placement..

Cut back the staff over there by 95%. They are playing up their roles there at Nike and creating these colorways out of thin air that mean nothing. When the solution is simple. It's like someone hooked them up with a job. "We know how to sell these shoes to make the most money. But for us, it's not about that.. Change up this colorway a bit and make it look like you did something and were productive". Many people don't know about the AT1 that released a couple months back http://cornerstreet.fr/in...te-grey-pink-434721-100/
Change for the sake of change.. Doing what people want is far too simple and requires zero man hours. So they get someone on board to change around the color placement, add some color and speckle, and this guys remains employed. Nike Exec's need to be on board with this game they're playing. No one wants or will be 4 of the same colorway on different models. Yet someone is passing that around as a good idea. It makes peoples jobs easier, but it's not a good idea.

Even with a potential purchase on these QSs, and years upon years of waiting, nothing will change from me. I'll have a rant free week shortly in honor of this QS release, but my mission is not done

wally maybe we can order some hypercolor shirts (you remember those?) I'm 32 and i remember in 5th grade having one, they change colors when you get hot or cold SITUATIONAL CLOTHING TO GO WITH OUR SITUATIONAL SHOES!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

wally maybe we can order some hypercolor shirts (you remember those?) I'm 32 and i remember in 5th grade having one, they change colors when you get hot or cold SITUATIONAL CLOTHING TO GO WITH OUR SITUATIONAL SHOES!!!!!!

Not sure if you're serious, but seeing hypercolor mentioned made me reminisce on the fashion choices I made as a kid, apparently the guy that created the originals figured out a way to keep the shirts from being ruined in the wash and started a new company to sell updated versions.
http://www.technacolourte...egories.asp?idCategory=2

Green to Yellow color changing effect? I AM SOLD! Now I just need a citron pair to go with it.. DOH!

Back
Top Bottom