FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Stuntman, what's the quality like? Do you own the other GRs to compare? You can;t just run in here and post up a pic and leave now.. lol. PM me if needed.

Shade of aqua is definitely looking right. Im definitely getting close to wanting both now.. Not a good sign. I hope for my sake, quality is sub par. lol

i don't own any of the others. the colors are close enough for me but i'm not as fanatical about trainers as you wallyhopp. actually, nobody is as fanatical as you lol. been wanting a pair of these for some time now. i think retail is $110 - praise jesus i didn't have to pay near that much. i wonder where kapepper is and what he would think - i have his pic of the original on my comp at work and used to drool looking at it.

Originally Posted by frazier10

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i'm happy.

2j3mc12.jpg

where did u get these?????????????????
Thanks stunt, now i'm going to cry myself to sleep.  I seriously hope its not a nightmare come release day

they look like the tounge needs like two more lace holes at the bottom, i dont like how the space is huge!

^
doesn't matter, with the laces they provide, you can't lace em all the way up anyway
this shoe needs 72" laces for that...

here's another pic from stuntman mike and they look AMAZING in this pic!

:edit: next to og for comparison!

99gfpd.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-citron-original.jpg

Never seen one of these GRs with the strap off.. At least for the citron, it's not a terrible look
%24(KGrHqUOKm4E5BdJF4qtBORDsRF,7w~~0_12.JPG

And if you own others, mismatch for days. Greys on the Infrareds? Add in another shade of grey for the citrons? Nike could've got something goin' here.

On the GRs, are there lace holes under the plastic piece? The OGs had it to where there was two additional lace holes and you could then  take the strap off and go through the plastic strap lock for a totally different look. In fact in many photos of the OGs with the strap, you could see the bottom of the lace just below the strap.

http://www.defynewyork.co...air-trainer-sc-ii-og-ad/
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-og-ad.jpg

Air-Trainer-Sc-citron-6809-1large.jpg

Shoe lace seen right under the strap here:
Air-Trainer-Sc-High-firecracker-Red-6812-1large.jpg

Maybe a simple screw driver could do the job
-------------------

Daily Nike Rant///
And in a coincidental "shoulda seen this coming" moment, we can recall September 4th, 2009 when the SC high Auburns released. Two years ago to the day almost and the sc IIs will be coming out. Did Nike see how that release went on an OG colorway and decided to prevent that sort of failure by doing a QS to save face? Nike is always caught up in some twisted logic. They didnt sell them because of crappy craftsmanship AND mediocre quality materials AND the release date was way beyond the time to be releasing white "summer gear". Their logic is always, "They didnt like the colorway".  For this release, they all but did NOTHING but limit distribution. In two years, they learn all that?
laugh.gif
They played it safe when it coulda been a homerun

yes, the gr's have lace holes under the plastic tabs to do all that...
also, they have an extra row of lace holes in the front that none of the pics show as being used
so the front lace can be seen below & in front of the velcro strap,
shortening the distance between the start of the shiny tongue & the start of the laces

(making it even more impossible to get these things laced all the way up with the laces they provide)

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i'm happy.

2j3mc12.jpg
So, ive been away, are these dropping, if so details please.

I see the infras are dropping in early Sept which is damn good.

Big year at nike....

so ive been waiting 20 yrs for the infrareds and with no QS accounts in my area looks like i wont be getting them,,thanks a holes at nike making this a QS . hey at least i can get the blackouts(sarcasm) nike is filled with idiots!!!!!

Just ordered both CW from district. Tax sucks but I can live with it. They should be here sometime this week.

Macgyver, thanks for the heads up.

thanx for the info back there, just grabbed a 13 in both colorways (no more 13's left now).

a dude tried them on for me in the store and said the toe is a lil' snug, so a 13 should be perfect.

i never know what size to get these days with nike cuz i'm a true 12.5, they don't usually make that size so i have to choose between a 12 and 13.

12 was already gone so it wasn't an option anyways.

did you guys order w/ card over phone?...that is, did you already pay?
how much was it for both w/ taxes (if applicable) & shipping?
want to know how much stores are gonna be charging
thanks

Anywhere from $120 to $130 shipped (taxes included if any) is what I have seen. MSRP is set at $110. Who the hell knows what these places do when some momentum builds. Quality appears on par with GRs so if you were barely willing to pay retail then, don't overpay on these.. Let these bastards sit.

http://thesneakerfarm.com/ had pairs but apparently sold out now... Some new photos of them there:
Picture_11.png

Picture_11.png

Like I said before, the citrons are GREEN. don't get it twisted. The neon yellow Pop and the Aqua contrast just isn't there. Infrareds have and will remain that marquee colorway

Back
Top Bottom