FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i am super interested in seeing wallyhopp's post as he dissects these when he gets his pairs. it won't detract from how much i love mine but it will be educational to see his analysis of colors, materials and his comparisons to the originals.

Same here...hahaOn that note, got an email with tracking number from Matt of District footwear. Mine should be here Wednesday. Cant wait!

Sorry guys. Hasn't been the best night. Really wasn't anything personal Proto, just shock more than anything.

Originally Posted by macgyver35

Just grabbed lunch in town and stopped by District. They have been taking phone orders ALL morning. NTers went bad!! haha.

Just a heads up. They only have sz 10.5 left in both the Infrared and the Citron as of right NOW. probably be gone in the next 10-15 minutes.

The owner Matt says thanks to everyone who ordered and he's working on getting everyone's pairs boxed up and mailed out in time later today.
And I just missed my sizes
frown.gif

there will be more man! they're not even officially out yet.

i'll keep my eye out. what size are you? 10.5?

I would hope Nike sends out a memo saying QS? Sike...we fooled y'all & release both colorways as a super GR. Never knew so many people loved the Trainer SC 2....OG colorway or not. This madness is strictly because a QS tag has been added to these two colorways.
30t6p3b.gif

These shoes should be GR so trainer lovers can scoop pairs to their content.

But anyways that being said, if I cop both colorways it will be at a local spot FOR RETAIL....like any other trainer before this. If not, I'm good.

the madness over these is definately not strictly or solely based on the quickstrike format

people in this thread have been talking about rocking mullets in honor of these
way before the letters Q and S were ever entered into the conversation

please take some time to review this thread and refrain from future ignorance

Originally Posted by green rhino123

the madness over these is definately not strictly or solely based on the quickstrike format

you talking to me? 

sneakermane has a point. That's what Nike is thinking right now. A success because it's limited and "sold out".How in future talk, this will be how other releases are modeled after.. How a  2012 AT1 chlorophyll will be super QS. How every OG colorway from here on out is limited. This model they created is perfect for them.. He's just speaking from their p.o.v. Nike has no true bearing of why these are successful and not the others.

I'm all but burnt out here, feeling like a Nike customer service rep. I gotta step away for awhile. I hope I have guided some of yall in the right direction.

Long live the mullet

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

sneakermane has a point. That's what Nike is thinking right now. A success because it's limited and "sold out".How in future talk, this will be how other releases are modeled after.. How a  2012 AT1 chlorophyll will be super QS. How every OG colorway from here on out is limited. This model they created is perfect for them.. He's just speaking from their p.o.v. Nike has no true bearing of why these are successful and not the others.

I'm all but burnt out here, feeling like a Nike customer service rep. I gotta step away for awhile. I hope I have guided some of yall in the right direction.

Long live the mullet

nike are @%%%%@* ******s. why not just make these god awful colorways limited or qs and have hype beast scoop them up because they are "limited". the ogs are gonna sell themselves because og aka is in right now. so you will have the old @@% dudes buying them for nostalgia and you will have the young kids buying them so they can be cool.

%#!# dont make no sense

now all i need is for nike to retro the air force v and im done...

You wanting to rock a mullet for a pair of shoes means as much to Nike as it means to me. Less than nothing.
30t6p3b.gif

My point remains....I've never heard of beastin' for any trainer before. And that's what made buying them great...it was an easy cop. Dudes that wear trainers & genuinely loved the models & the colorways (outside of chlorophylls being an overseas only drop every other release)....for the most part can get their pairs in abundance.

This QS stuff isn't needed & that's the reason SOME of these dudes are copping....
not all but some. Dudes are already quoting possible eBay prices.
laugh.gif

And like NobleKane said.....the OG colorways were gonna sell REGARDLESS to the dudes who REALLY wanted them.
It is what it is thou....

sneakermane wrote:

You wanting to rock a mullet for a pair of shoes means as much to Nike as it means to me. Less than nothing.
30t6p3b.gif

My point remains....I've never heard of beastin' for any trainer before. And that's what made buying them great...it was an easy cop. Dudes that wear trainers & genuinely loved the models & the colorways (outside of chlorophylls being an overseas only drop every other release)....for the most part can get their pairs in abundance.

This QS stuff isn't needed & that's the reason SOME of these dudes are copping....not all but some. Dudes are already quoting possible eBay prices.
laugh.gif
And like NobleKane said.....the OG colorways were gonna sell REGARDLESS to the cats who REALLY wanted them

It is what it is thou....

i have been in this thread since day one, and the only reason i "quoted" eBay prices was to explain on how "limited" these supposedly are. thanks!

BTW FEAR THE MULLET!!!!!!!!!
roll.gif

laugh.gif
@you talking to Sneakermane like he's a newbie, he's probably been in this thread more than you

^he said the madness strictly based on qs

well that's not true from the perspective i provided; he conceded to that in a subsequent post saying some not all or strictly based
but you had nothing to say about the bulk of my response

and i doubt he's been in this thread more than me, but it wouldn't matter - son

white/indg navy-wlf gry-infrrd
154u5wp.jpg
back on subject.....is that creasing on the vamp I see? Come on Mike, tell us if the material quality is better than all the other current releases...
nerd.gif

is the material top of the line? no.
is the material the poorest quality nike plasticky pleather? maybe the grey stuff 
laugh.gif
 but not the whole shoe 
nerd.gif

is the shoe worth what i paid? yes 
happy.gif

is the shoe worth retail? imo yes 
happy.gif
 especially if you've been waiting for these for so long. i remember having this pic of the OGs as my comp wallpaper for about 6 months. the QS release is close enough for me. 

2udytsl.jpg

WHERE IS KAPEPPER?!?

I haven't had any luck getting either color way yet, and I told my guy that if they come in this week to give me a call I've got money in hand for an infrared pair. If they don't come in until next week at his shop I'm down for both pairs though. I haven't been this geeked out over a release since I found all the Saucony Elites I'd been wanting still at retail months after the first release.

-------
Re: elitism
I would try not to take offense to anything anyone says in the next two weeks. In a trainer spectrum, and for some out there, they've been on their grind nightly trying to get the latest scoop or photos, or what have you. Many since the leaked photo in April. Some may take the afternoon off of all days and then see some others just jump in with no work needed... Hours upon hours of leg work. And then some catch a lucky break. It's a sense of bitterness but it's kind of to a point you say "damn im lucky". That's what Nike has created here. Not to say anyone is more deserving, but Nike has definitely created an atmosphere where the next few weeks could be a little edgy.

i am super interested in seeing wallyhopp's post as he dissects these when he gets his pairs. it won't detract from how much i love mine but it will be educational to see his analysis of colors, materials and his comparisons to the originals.
these....
Originally Posted by NobleKane

ummm qs doesnt mean they are limited....
and this....

there's lots of QS' out there....but it's not to be confused with anything like Tier Zero or Hyperstrikes.

Quickstrikes usually mean that there's no restocks, just one shipment for all those that ordered and they're done. Doesn't mean there's only 3,000 pairs in existence though.

Now if your local shops didn't order them because they didn't think they would sell....that's a different story
eyes.gif

^he said the madness strictly based on qs

well that's not true from the perspective i provided; he conceded to that in a subsequent post saying some not all or strictly based
but you had nothing to say about the bulk of my response

and i doubt he's been in this thread more than me, but it wouldn't matter - son

Your post was silly and wasn't worthy of a reply kid. I was just wondering where the hostility was coming from, especially at Sneakermane. It sounded juvenile that you couldn't post a rebuttal without trying to diss. This thread has been about unity, peace and trying to help out one another.

People said they were going to rock mullets, yeah they weren't joking, they were serious
laugh.gif

is the material top of the line? no.
is the material the poorest quality nike plasticky pleather? maybe the grey stuff 
laugh.gif
 but not the whole shoe 
nerd.gif

is the shoe worth what i paid? yes 
happy.gif

is the shoe worth retail? imo yes 
happy.gif
 especially if you've been waiting for these for so long. i remember having this pic of the OGs as my comp wallpaper for about 6 months. the QS release is close enough for me. 

2udytsl.jpg

WHERE IS KAPEPPER?!?
Plus you can wear these almost OG QS version instead of just staring at the "perfect" OG's..haha

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

-------
Re: elitism
I would try not to take offense to anything anyone says in the next two weeks. In a trainer spectrum, and for some out there, they've been on their grind nightly trying to get the latest scoop or photos, or what have you. Many since the leaked photo in April. Some may take the afternoon off of all days and then see some others just jump in with no work needed... Hours upon hours of leg work. And then some catch a lucky break. It's a sense of bitterness but it's kind of to a point you say "damn im lucky". That's what Nike has created here. Not to say anyone is more deserving, but Nike has definitely created an atmosphere where the next few weeks could be a little edgy.

these....
Originally Posted by NobleKane

ummm qs doesnt mean they are limited....
and this....

there's lots of QS' out there....but it's not to be confused with anything like Tier Zero or Hyperstrikes.

Quickstrikes usually mean that there's no restocks, just one shipment for all those that ordered and they're done. Doesn't mean there's only 3,000 pairs in existence though.

Now if your local shops didn't order them because they didn't think they would sell....that's a different story
eyes.gif

this is the definition ogf quickstrike i found: [table][tr][td][/td][td]quickstrike [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]
a tier of nike shoe releases that is defined by limited numbers and availability to only exclusive stores
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

this is the definition ogf quickstrike i found: [table][tr][td]
[/td][td]quickstrike [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
a tier of nike shoe releases that is defined by limited numbers and availability to only exclusive stores
[/td][/tr][/table]
c'mon....what does the urbandictionary know?
laugh.gif

From NT:
Quickstrike- QS shoes are usually the most common out of the three that you are asking about. Most sneaker botiques have a QS account and get these shoes. QS shoes never have an "official" number of shoes released, but it is probably a thousand plus. Even though QS shoes aren't that rare, you cannot walk into a footlocker or footaction and buy them, they only go to botiques.

Hyperstrike- These shoes are very rare, usually 50 or 25 pairs. Usually hyperstrike kicks are given to a store owner or artist that worked on the shoe to give to friends and family. Lots of times two different versions of a shoe are made. There is a general release that people can buy for retail, then there are the very limited hyperstrikes that are given to friends and family only, that usually have extra detail (laser, different tag, etc.)

Tier 0- This refers to shoes that are released at the most select sneaker shops. I'm not sure about the exact number of tier 0 stores but I think it is about 8. Some stores with tier 0 accounts are Huf SF, Nort/Recon (SF and NY), UNDFTD LA (x2), Alife NY, and a couple stores in Europe. Usually tier 0 shoes have very limited numbers (not like hypers though) of about 500 pairs or less. Some recent tier 0 shoes that dropped were the stash air force 1 and air max 95 as well as the CLOT air max 1.

don't forget as well that only some QS' ever really have a RD to follow, most just go on sale whenever the store gets them.....which is what everyone should expect with this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom