FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Very happy with these. Was going to pass on Infrared joints, then I slipped em on....hotness

i6vwpk.jpg

Ron what's going on? 
I passed on the Citrons at first since I had the Infrareds as a kid and had to snatch a pair up.  Great retro and we shall see how fast they fly off NDC tommorow.

Looks like NikeStore in Dallas has the QS pairs along with NDC tomorrow.

Maybe ALL NikeStores will have them tomorrow as well...

So we went from a somewhat hyped up midnight release to.....2 pm (my local time) on a random Friday. LOL...another botched Nike release.

I'm just kind of glad that these retailed at $110. Some sites are charging $165 and people are buying.. I'm not talking ebay either.

Disgusting. I hate that type of behavior.

Got the Citrons at NTLV, for a few bucks under retail after tax (military). They look so nice in person, glad I didn't give into those GR's. Wasn't feeling the Infrareds at all...

Let's hope there is some steam left for these. Nike needs to learn how IMPULSE buyers and buying works. This was a bit of momentum going release week just two weeks back. Many probably liked what they saw but grew tired of the hunt. Easily available should be the top priority for Nike on these fringe QS type items.. Maybe half of those that wanted them then moved onto other releases or even started to save or move items for the Air Mags. They had a prime chance to push them out.. Now they remain seated on ebay, albeit many above $140... Maybe those interested will jump back in for retail plus shipping.

It's like that saying goes, a day short and a dollar late... Say for example a shop makes up 400 shirts commemorating a celebrities death. People want that item now. But instead of being ready, they aren't ready or prepared. Well two weeks pass and so do the impulse buying trends of consumers. They no longer want them. Who am I to complain though, if they sit? Better for use trying to pile up. From a business standpoint, i swear sometimes, they set some of these up to fail.

Let's just hope those not willing to spend >$140 shipped are still around and interested, and even get the memo before work in the morning... Great release timing too.

I'm very glad these are hitting NDC b/c I was surely about to snag a pair of Citrons and end up paying those above retail prices. Was considering waiting it out but, nah, gotta have'em.

I need a Swoosh account, stat
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I always referred to those black/teal/purple Tech Challenges as the "Shamu's" like the whale from Sea World.  If done right those would easily be a x 3.  Agree with you S.P.  Those are pretty darn high up on my list.

So, for those of you with skills,  Anyone able to throw up a Trainer Fam Logo using infared/obs or teal/citron that I can submit to my local tshirt shop to have something done up? Figure on a black or white long sleeve tagless tshirt in time for the Fall?
happy.gif
thats funny because I think of the Neon Green/ Orange ones as Nickelodeons. The colorway reminds me so much of their logo and their patent slime 
laugh.gif

I can draw up a logo this weekend for the shirts if anyone needs me to. Here's a few logos I have done recently (Im a graphic designer)
Would love to see a simple infa/obs and teal/citron logo of any kind.  Even incorporating one of those sole guys or something.  Selfishly, I would love to see these colors incorporated into the "old skool" Milwaukee Brewers logo with the Glove symbol forming an Mb.

Feel free to post or PM with any further thoughts.  Thanks for offering!

So only NDC and such nike town will have these? Will footlockers, champs, fnl have these online and in store or will they still be released limited somewhat.

Originally Posted by Dark Steel

Everyone keeps talking about NDC getting these, who are you getting your info from?  Its been two weeks since their release date and they haven't showed up on NDC. I'm not saying it can't happen but I highly doubt it.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Everyone keeps talking about NDC getting these, who are you getting your info from?  Its been two weeks since their release date and they haven't showed up on NDC. I'm not saying it can't happen but I highly doubt it.

nikestore's twitter confirmed it last night.Kinda want the citrons but i'll pass...love the Infrareds though

jus called niketown ny...they've got 'em for sale....gonna go grab my 2nd pair of infra's and then i'm good 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

nikestore's twitter confirmed it last night.Kinda want the citrons but i'll pass...love the Infrareds though
Just saw that, says 3pm EDT if this indeed happens might have to scoop my 3rd pair of citrons

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

Just saw that, says 3pm EDT if this indeed happens might have to scoop my 3rd pair of citrons
Have some gift cards on the back burner, hopefully I can order a pair on infrareds for a little under $100
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom