FINALLY, Air Jordan 12 Playoffs Return - Rumored Date - 3/11/2022 - First images

I also agree that they didnt botch them enough to make me pass.. I just can't get excited for it. And to me, these aren't that much a reach compared to III's (NA, Shape, EP, Shade, list goes on :lol:).

There is a memory attached to the shape of a shoe.. if it's off enough for my keen eye to notice, it's not going to give me the same experience or excitement. If I opened the box and saw this... man listen lol..

1997-Original-Nike-Air-Jordan-Xii-12-Playoff.jpg
This is the way

Even with that ‘banana’ shape, these will flatten out w/ wear…I think these will benefit from some wear, I personally prefer a duller leather, they’re too glossy out the box but some wear/cleaning cycles will fix that

10/10? These are 3/10 for execution

Other than being an OG colorway, these are shaped like some bananas. They look like a Jordan XII lite takedown version

Where is the bulk? These do not look like the tanks we are all accustomed to
Some of you gents are sounding like me a couple years back,
restoration is the way to go. If you have the means financially or time and ability to do so yourself i highly recommend with OG CWs to go full on restoration while the opportunity is still available. At some point either A the man will take that journey we all must take and few remaining pairs in decent shape will be skyrocketed to all hell...look no further than the absolute ****ery that has become of Kobes.
Or B they simply will not be available in desired size due to poor or nonexistent restoration attempts and have deteriorated beyond repair. Just an idea for consideration because waiting on nike to do the right thing with these or any release in general is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Some of you could have Halle Berry and Beyonce waiting for you in bed butt naked and still find something wrong.
Meh,
Pass on beyonce but im down with champagne conversations with Halle over her legacy for an evening anyday lol.
Jokes aside I feel some are just fresh out of passes for whats now a multi billion dollar company off their contributions in order to jump through hoops to potentially obtain products at greater cost with poor execution and lack luster quality thats all there is to it.
But hey these are just opinions, beyonce and all and that should never bother anothers purchase. Enjoy what you enjoy and the rest will work the angles how they see fit.

Why would you talk about shape if it's the first time it debuted?
:lol: :lol: Your right, know one would. From my place of perspective buying these shoes in the early 90s, once the next release came out, most of the time that previous release was just...gone. There was no "wait for the next" thought. Thats when you REALLY missed out on em. When I first got into this in 1991 , the "retro" was an un thought of concept with shoes. And when it debuted with the 1994 and 1995 releases to most, they were laughable. I still have my WC3 from that time cause I wanted a pair so bad only because of Come Fly with Me. Along with the FTL poster being my first ever in my room. lol
Still though, the retro scrutiny was never there. Even with those 3s back then. Just the idea have actually having a Jordan 3 from "that" dunk contest at the time was crazy to believe. I never thought about the shapes and heights compared to the OGs. I am still that way today I guess. The thought of a WC or BC 4 with Nike on the back?, a Fire Red 3, or even a WC3 with todays shape? Hell yeah, Im in no question. I dont have the scrutiny some does in here simply because Im just happy to have em again, or for the first time ever. I dont want to wait till I am in my 50s to get something that may not change by then anyway, that I can grab now.

Nike definitely dropped the ball with that banana shape. Me personally, it really doesn’t matter all that much as long as they have the colors and other important aspects correct. Like Steel 10s with the toe cap, or 11s with front facing Jumpmans and high patent. But I can see why people refuse to buy them, they really don’t give me the 12 vibe either. I will never buy another 9 if they don’t fix that midsole Jumpman.

Yo do y'all examine and dissect every product y'all buy?

Like do y'all buy cereal and look at it 1st and be like these lil morsels aren't the exact same shape as the last lil morsels.

I get it, "bout yo money" but sheesh. They a shoe that's a dope color way, it's not sum raggedy funny looking new color ****s, and it got og vibes.

To each is own tho.

Yo do y'all examine and dissect every product y'all buy?

Like do y'all buy cereal and look at it 1st and be like these lil morsels aren't the exact same shape as the last lil morsels.

I get it, "bout yo money" but sheesh. They a shoe that's a dope color way, it's not sum raggedy funny looking new color ****s, and it got og vibes.

To each is own tho.
Truly it’s not that at all. To some of us, the shape is as much as anything what made many of these shoes so dope in the first place. It has a big impact on how they look. When that gets taken away, it also takes away a chunk of the feeling we got originally. Believe me, I want to have that feeling on every OG retro release. I want to give Nike my money. But I’m done doing so if I don’t get a certain feeling from the shoes. It’s not at all about just being nitpicky for the sake of it. I also understand the people who don’t care and are happy with what they get.

Back
Top Bottom