First impressions of New York City...

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

as ElijahBrohamm said, its an internet forum...i dont care much for capitalization, periods or that stuff on here...i may have a diplomats avy, but you have a UMiami sig...i realized why would I waste my breath dicussing worldly culture with someone that has a UMiami sig

NYC and my school > Miami and UMiami
laugh.gif
That just shows your ignorance, the University of Miami is ranked amongst the U.S. News & Report Top 50 universities in the nation and is also ranked #1 in terms of racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity in the classroom by the Princeton Review. So unless you go to either Columbia or NYU no school in New York City tops the U.

as ElijahBrohamm said, its an internet forum...i dont care much for capitalization, periods or that stuff on here...i may have a diplomats avy, but you have a UMiami sig...i realized why would I waste my breath dicussing worldly culture with someone that has a UMiami sig

laugh.gif
That just shows your ignorance, the University of Miami is ranked amongst the U.S. News & Report Top 50 universities in the nation and is also ranked #1 in terms of racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity in the classroom by the Princeton Review. So unless you go to either Columbia or NYU no school in New York City tops the U.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

NYC is appreciated, NY State outside of the 5 borroughs is basiclly Ohio.

Still the city is appreciated, as long as you have friends and like going out, there's always something to do.
alien.gif

LI >

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

NYC is appreciated, NY State outside of the 5 borroughs is basiclly Ohio.

Still the city is appreciated, as long as you have friends and like going out, there's always something to do.
alien.gif

LI >

Originally Posted by bijald0331

If you are rich, NYC is amazing and has more to offer than any other city in terms of entertainment, nightlife, the whole shebang. If you're not, well, you're just riding coattails and I really don't see what would make NYC better than other big cities in the US.

I've been here almost two months. It's great but outside of Manhattan, I don't see what the big fuss is about. Manhattan is unbelievable.

Still, out of all the places I've been, I would live in SoCal over anywhere else.
You know just how many people in NYC ARE NOT RICH ???  That statement is pretty ignorant.  If you are anywhere, than $$$ will bring forth greater opportunities to enjoy your stay, but I have lived in NYC all my life, except for 8 month I spent in SF (which I loved), and my city is simply amazing w/ or w/ out money.

In NYC, you can have a great time out w/ just $40 bucks ... that includes, train ride, couple of drinks, and a recession special @ papaya for shorty you just bagged ...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

If you are rich, NYC is amazing and has more to offer than any other city in terms of entertainment, nightlife, the whole shebang. If you're not, well, you're just riding coattails and I really don't see what would make NYC better than other big cities in the US.

I've been here almost two months. It's great but outside of Manhattan, I don't see what the big fuss is about. Manhattan is unbelievable.

Still, out of all the places I've been, I would live in SoCal over anywhere else.
You know just how many people in NYC ARE NOT RICH ???  That statement is pretty ignorant.  If you are anywhere, than $$$ will bring forth greater opportunities to enjoy your stay, but I have lived in NYC all my life, except for 8 month I spent in SF (which I loved), and my city is simply amazing w/ or w/ out money.

In NYC, you can have a great time out w/ just $40 bucks ... that includes, train ride, couple of drinks, and a recession special @ papaya for shorty you just bagged ...

First impression is damn this place is a mf'n zoo, then again I was right by Times Square.

People need to stop sleeping on the Chi aka the GOAT
smokin.gif

First impression is damn this place is a mf'n zoo, then again I was right by Times Square.

People need to stop sleeping on the Chi aka the GOAT
smokin.gif

^You can do that in any big city... I'm talking about what differentiates NYC from other big cities. $$$ is NYC is better than $$$ in Chicago.

I know there's more people that aren't rich. They aren't living any type of life for which I would move here from my native Chicago. On the flipside, I would rather be rich here than Chicago.

^You can do that in any big city... I'm talking about what differentiates NYC from other big cities. $$$ is NYC is better than $$$ in Chicago.

I know there's more people that aren't rich. They aren't living any type of life for which I would move here from my native Chicago. On the flipside, I would rather be rich here than Chicago.

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Best city in the world? I take it you've never visited cities like Rome, Prague, Moscow, London, or Paris. You have to be very well traveled to throw out statements like that. Just because people from around the world listen to hip hop and wear Yankees hats doesn't make New York the better city, that's like comparing apples to apple trees, you catch my drift here?

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

It's funny, normally I hate going to Times Square cause its so damn crowded there, but when people talk about it, or im actually there, I enjoy it alot. The atmosphere is just great.
Haterade? Far from it, I'm just not close-minded like most of you on this site. I keep open the possibility that the grass might be greener on the other side, and from my experiences viewing all these cities through objective eyes it would be generous to even place New York third amongst the cities I named. I truly find it amusing that I'm arguing with people that probably haven't even stepped foot outside of the tri-state area, I'm probably just wasting my time here. Go ahead and write your cliche argument about how NY > World because of hip hop, the Yankees, and whatever other things you might find important, you've only trapped yourself in a bubble, travel more and you'll figure out that in the grand scheme of things none of that really matters. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does that make it a great city? Nope.
Well considering that NYC was the first connection to the western world. You know at one time actually being the capital of the states for a time, and trade capital. Nyc has a very important role in the history of the United States, which i am assuming you live in.

Im from California, and am now out in NYC for schooling, and i can say that when i first experienced ny i was just blown away. but having lived there for a year already, although i haven't explored the city to all that it has to offer, it seemed as if its a bit over rated. But as i said, i haven't discovered its true potential yet.

whats school you go to ??

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Best city in the world? I take it you've never visited cities like Rome, Prague, Moscow, London, or Paris. You have to be very well traveled to throw out statements like that. Just because people from around the world listen to hip hop and wear Yankees hats doesn't make New York the better city, that's like comparing apples to apple trees, you catch my drift here?

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

It's funny, normally I hate going to Times Square cause its so damn crowded there, but when people talk about it, or im actually there, I enjoy it alot. The atmosphere is just great.
Haterade? Far from it, I'm just not close-minded like most of you on this site. I keep open the possibility that the grass might be greener on the other side, and from my experiences viewing all these cities through objective eyes it would be generous to even place New York third amongst the cities I named. I truly find it amusing that I'm arguing with people that probably haven't even stepped foot outside of the tri-state area, I'm probably just wasting my time here. Go ahead and write your cliche argument about how NY > World because of hip hop, the Yankees, and whatever other things you might find important, you've only trapped yourself in a bubble, travel more and you'll figure out that in the grand scheme of things none of that really matters. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does that make it a great city? Nope.
Well considering that NYC was the first connection to the western world. You know at one time actually being the capital of the states for a time, and trade capital. Nyc has a very important role in the history of the United States, which i am assuming you live in.

Im from California, and am now out in NYC for schooling, and i can say that when i first experienced ny i was just blown away. but having lived there for a year already, although i haven't explored the city to all that it has to offer, it seemed as if its a bit over rated. But as i said, i haven't discovered its true potential yet.

whats school you go to ??

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Mad sodium in this thread
laugh.gif

thats how you know you on top
pimp.gif

so bron  is the goat
nerd.gif
NT is the only place that hates on Ohio. In the real world no one even acknowledges Ohio as one of the 50 states in our country.

Salt%2520Shaker.jpg

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Mad sodium in this thread
laugh.gif

thats how you know you on top
pimp.gif

so bron  is the goat
nerd.gif
NT is the only place that hates on Ohio. In the real world no one even acknowledges Ohio as one of the 50 states in our country.

Salt%2520Shaker.jpg

laugh.gif
You're a moron. If you don't go to Harvard, Yale , Columbia or any other elite school, rankings don't mean a damn thing.

laugh.gif
You're a moron. If you don't go to Harvard, Yale , Columbia or any other elite school, rankings don't mean a damn thing.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Really? Because with that thinking every single school in this country outside of the Ivy Leagues are exactly the same, even the community colleges. So you believe that schools like Central Florida and Boise State University are on par with schools like Boston University, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest? Get out of here with that +$@$, I'm done arguing with you guys this is getting ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom