First look: Air jordan retro 7 "Year of the Rabbit"

I think the good news is that nowhere else online (i.e. Nice Kicks) is even in the loop on where to get these online. I know Nike.com and Eastbay won't have much inventory, but at least it seems like this is fairly under wraps. I may go down to NT tomorrow afternoon and see what the line is, but chances of getting an 11-11.5 if I'm 15-20 in line (and they only have 23 pairs) seems pretty unlikely.

Like others, the VII hold a special place in my heart, given that they were the first ones I laced up to actually play ball in when I was 7 years old. Coupled with title #2 and the olympics, this was always one of my favorite Jordan designs, even if isn't as "street worthy" of some of the models before and after. It was a helluva basketball shoe, and the YOTR colorway really does it for me. Personally I like the greater focus on the red than the hares.

I've worn Jordans for nearly 20 years now, but it's getting to be such a task to get the retros these days. I suppose that's partially how JB wants it, but most of these retailers are idiots for not utilizing wristband systems and instead rewarding the broke %@# bums who will camp for 2-3 days for a pair of shoes they have no intention to wear. While I have a few DS pairs in my collection, I wear nearly every purchase I have. That's always been my deal and always will be, so it's just disappointing to see a shoe like this release and know the chances of scoring a pair are rather low. Sure the box is classy, the YOTR has extra significance, but bottom line for me is the shoe is beautiful. I'll take this over Cardinals or Hares any day of the week.

I think the good news is that nowhere else online (i.e. Nice Kicks) is even in the loop on where to get these online. I know Nike.com and Eastbay won't have much inventory, but at least it seems like this is fairly under wraps. I may go down to NT tomorrow afternoon and see what the line is, but chances of getting an 11-11.5 if I'm 15-20 in line (and they only have 23 pairs) seems pretty unlikely.

Like others, the VII hold a special place in my heart, given that they were the first ones I laced up to actually play ball in when I was 7 years old. Coupled with title #2 and the olympics, this was always one of my favorite Jordan designs, even if isn't as "street worthy" of some of the models before and after. It was a helluva basketball shoe, and the YOTR colorway really does it for me. Personally I like the greater focus on the red than the hares.

I've worn Jordans for nearly 20 years now, but it's getting to be such a task to get the retros these days. I suppose that's partially how JB wants it, but most of these retailers are idiots for not utilizing wristband systems and instead rewarding the broke %@# bums who will camp for 2-3 days for a pair of shoes they have no intention to wear. While I have a few DS pairs in my collection, I wear nearly every purchase I have. That's always been my deal and always will be, so it's just disappointing to see a shoe like this release and know the chances of scoring a pair are rather low. Sure the box is classy, the YOTR has extra significance, but bottom line for me is the shoe is beautiful. I'll take this over Cardinals or Hares any day of the week.

imma be real .... i plan on getting two pairs ... and am going to sell both
to all you cats being sour and wanting handouts... go cry to phil knight and MJ for only putting out a few pairs
this is a grind , its kinda like the lotto as well, what you put in is what you get out and if your lucky you will be rewarded and i got bills to pay and a ipad2 to purchase
this biz is just like any other , buy low , sell high

with that said ... i aint gonna be out to rip people off
i usually find the lowest price and go a little lower

so on saturday... be on the lookout

imma be real .... i plan on getting two pairs ... and am going to sell both
to all you cats being sour and wanting handouts... go cry to phil knight and MJ for only putting out a few pairs
this is a grind , its kinda like the lotto as well, what you put in is what you get out and if your lucky you will be rewarded and i got bills to pay and a ipad2 to purchase
this biz is just like any other , buy low , sell high

with that said ... i aint gonna be out to rip people off
i usually find the lowest price and go a little lower

so on saturday... be on the lookout

Sold my spot inline for $150... I couldn't take all the fake thuggery anymore so I just sold my spot and dipped.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Sold my spot inline for $150... I couldn't take all the fake thuggery anymore so I just sold my spot and dipped.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Price on the varsity jacket?

Gotta get some sleep..heading out to camp tommorow morning...noonish then I have to work...smh my boys gonna come up there and hold my spot for me till I get back. Damn tommorow is gonna be crazy...if everything goes well. Ill be leaving with 2 perrrrrrs!
What mall you camping at?

Not that I'll be up there.
laugh.gif
on the real though. idk yet. still debating.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Price on the varsity jacket?

Gotta get some sleep..heading out to camp tommorow morning...noonish then I have to work...smh my boys gonna come up there and hold my spot for me till I get back. Damn tommorow is gonna be crazy...if everything goes well. Ill be leaving with 2 perrrrrrs!
What mall you camping at?

Not that I'll be up there.
laugh.gif
on the real though. idk yet. still debating.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I remember these days. Back in 01 for the CG XI's, I was 5th in line. Sold my spot for $80 (I didnt care to go to the end of the line because I was buying a size 14
laugh.gif
)..... Which reminds me, man I miss the old days. Got to the mall at 4AM, was 5th in line. Store opened at 7. This was the first real crazy release(in terms of making the news), and it was still relatively easy for me. Now these New Jacks are camping out 3 days in advance for a shoe other than a XI, w t f!?!?!

Originally Posted by 430AM

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I remember these days. Back in 01 for the CG XI's, I was 5th in line. Sold my spot for $80 (I didnt care to go to the end of the line because I was buying a size 14
laugh.gif
)..... Which reminds me, man I miss the old days. Got to the mall at 4AM, was 5th in line. Store opened at 7. This was the first real crazy release(in terms of making the news), and it was still relatively easy for me. Now these New Jacks are camping out 3 days in advance for a shoe other than a XI, w t f!?!?!

I gotta say this: if you are gonna resell, cool resell, nobody really gives a #%+£. At least I don't. If you're salty about not getting a pair and hyping on these kicks because resellers and beasts keep fueling your flame, that's on you. For cats that've been around this game for a minute you'll have a pair locked by now, if you want them. Simple.

I see too much salt and clowning over an inferior retro of a classic. Are they really worth all that? And why do you really want these kicks so bad? Be honest with yourself, you don't have to prove anything to anyone on NT. If you are beasting on them like a "fan" then be bout that, don't start gettin all nostalgic if you ain't.

My opinion on this release is all these dudes hyping on these kicks, at least 85% of them are followin the herd, tryin to be that sheep that stand out. 10% are drivin you mad hypin a pair of kicks up way outta control. 5% got knowledge, can cop if they want, and don't give a &@#%.

The youth and some older cats need some perspective on what's really happenin in the world and on the streets. Cats can't spell or speak correctly but they beastin and hustlin to spend $200-400 on a pair of low quality retros. Get some education G, there's a lot goin on in the world, always has been especially now. Be grateful for what you got and maximize what He blessed you with.

But, at least this thread isn't at the 200+ pages the SJ 09 thread was. So, maybe we are improving?

Anyhow, respect and blessings, and good luck in all you endeavor to do (including snagging your YOTR).

Peace

I gotta say this: if you are gonna resell, cool resell, nobody really gives a #%+£. At least I don't. If you're salty about not getting a pair and hyping on these kicks because resellers and beasts keep fueling your flame, that's on you. For cats that've been around this game for a minute you'll have a pair locked by now, if you want them. Simple.

I see too much salt and clowning over an inferior retro of a classic. Are they really worth all that? And why do you really want these kicks so bad? Be honest with yourself, you don't have to prove anything to anyone on NT. If you are beasting on them like a "fan" then be bout that, don't start gettin all nostalgic if you ain't.

My opinion on this release is all these dudes hyping on these kicks, at least 85% of them are followin the herd, tryin to be that sheep that stand out. 10% are drivin you mad hypin a pair of kicks up way outta control. 5% got knowledge, can cop if they want, and don't give a &@#%.

The youth and some older cats need some perspective on what's really happenin in the world and on the streets. Cats can't spell or speak correctly but they beastin and hustlin to spend $200-400 on a pair of low quality retros. Get some education G, there's a lot goin on in the world, always has been especially now. Be grateful for what you got and maximize what He blessed you with.

But, at least this thread isn't at the 200+ pages the SJ 09 thread was. So, maybe we are improving?

Anyhow, respect and blessings, and good luck in all you endeavor to do (including snagging your YOTR).

Peace

Back
Top Bottom