First spy pics: 2012 Camaro Z28...with 6.2L Supercharged V8!

Courtesy of Camaro5.com
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96645

NO MORE DOUBTING THE CAMARO Z28!!!

2012 Camaro Z28 with 6.2L supercharged V8 (6AT in this model). No confirmation yet on whether this is the LS9 or LSA motor.

Spread that around folks! All the doubters will eat their words
biggrin.gif

Now these new photos are much better than the ones we previously posted! This Camaro Z28 was captured out testing with several other Camaros, as well as a Mustang GT500 (for comparison of course).

Seen prominently, even with the front covering is a much lower front fascia with large intakes. You can make out the shape despite the covering and it resembles the latest Transformers 3 Bumblebee Camaro front fascia. The hood cowl also looks to be more prominent than on standard Camaro.

The wheels are 20" SP550 anodized black - 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. Wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. The brake calipers very much resemble those from the CTS-V.

Quad exhaust (dual pipes per side) are at the rear, and the photographer described the sound from this car as "nothing short of unholy!"

Best part is, GM was courteous enough to tape the engine specs on the dash: 6.2L supercharged V8, with Auto Transmission.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Courtesy of Camaro5.com
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96645

NO MORE DOUBTING THE CAMARO Z28!!!

2012 Camaro Z28 with 6.2L supercharged V8 (6AT in this model). No confirmation yet on whether this is the LS9 or LSA motor.

Spread that around folks! All the doubters will eat their words
biggrin.gif

Now these new photos are much better than the ones we previously posted! This Camaro Z28 was captured out testing with several other Camaros, as well as a Mustang GT500 (for comparison of course).

Seen prominently, even with the front covering is a much lower front fascia with large intakes. You can make out the shape despite the covering and it resembles the latest Transformers 3 Bumblebee Camaro front fascia. The hood cowl also looks to be more prominent than on standard Camaro.

The wheels are 20" SP550 anodized black - 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. Wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. The brake calipers very much resemble those from the CTS-V.

Quad exhaust (dual pipes per side) are at the rear, and the photographer described the sound from this car as "nothing short of unholy!"

Best part is, GM was courteous enough to tape the engine specs on the dash: 6.2L supercharged V8, with Auto Transmission.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gotta tip my hat to the Z28, b/c it's going to have some power. Considering the the new CTS-V has the same set up and making 556 hp, I'm sure the the Z28 will be in that ballpark.

I personally have a 2010 B5 Blue Challenger, but Mopar is falling on it's face and not keeping up with the new Mustangs (GT and GT500) and soon to be Z28. The lastest news is that the 2011 Challenger SRT will have 475-525 hp NA from the 392 (6.4L) and 8 spd AT. Unfortuately the Challenger is far more heavy than the competion. I don't understand why they don't put some sort of blower on from the factory with the 392 and relegate the 370 (6.1L) to the R/T's. Luckily I've got a Kenne Belle 2.8l LC twin screw super-charger, just painfully waiting on my forged bottom end 426 (7.0L) Gen III Hemi to be built.

Props to Chevy and Ford though.

Gotta tip my hat to the Z28, b/c it's going to have some power. Considering the the new CTS-V has the same set up and making 556 hp, I'm sure the the Z28 will be in that ballpark.

I personally have a 2010 B5 Blue Challenger, but Mopar is falling on it's face and not keeping up with the new Mustangs (GT and GT500) and soon to be Z28. The lastest news is that the 2011 Challenger SRT will have 475-525 hp NA from the 392 (6.4L) and 8 spd AT. Unfortuately the Challenger is far more heavy than the competion. I don't understand why they don't put some sort of blower on from the factory with the 392 and relegate the 370 (6.1L) to the R/T's. Luckily I've got a Kenne Belle 2.8l LC twin screw super-charger, just painfully waiting on my forged bottom end 426 (7.0L) Gen III Hemi to be built.

Props to Chevy and Ford though.

i really hope they dont keep the design for too long... seems like american car designers are mad lazy... they come up with something good, put it on all the cars, play it out to death...
i loved the way the new mustang looked (retro style).. but they need to come up with something new now... all these little tweaks and more HP is done with...

Back
Top Bottom