vq7io0.jpg

Looking real good!

is that an RD crankset though? If so, time for some 75s

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Looking real good!

they are 75s

really? Not trying to hate or anything, just looked like a set of RDs.

Look at the width of the chainring compared to 144bcd chainring

419DgKl97FL._SL160_.jpg

If, im wrong, im wrong. No big deal, didnt mean to offend. Its a great build either way.

Haha. They are RD's. I put the 75's on my Makino and never got around to buying new cranks for this bike. It was my second bike that I didn't ridemuch. Actually posted it on LAFIXED yesterday for sale and a dude picked it up in a couple of hours.

Chest, that bianchi is gorgeous

So... my boyfriend surprised me and bought me a new fixie for my bday...

candy yurple leader with a safety break =P

i took some proper pics of it, i'll post them soon

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Looking real good!

they are 75s

really? Not trying to hate or anything, just looked like a set of RDs.

Look at the width of the chainring compared to 144bcd chainring

419DgKl97FL._SL160_.jpg

If, im wrong, im wrong. No big deal, didnt mean to offend. Its a great build either way.

laugh.gif
my bad, i actually thought they were 75's.
does anyone know if there's a real difference between a Sugino RD crank & a Sugino 75 crank? lighter? more aero? or is it just aesthetics?

There is definitely a difference between the two. 75s are just better quality all around, I've heard stories about RD crankarms snapping on rare occasions.
If you have the money 75s are the way to go.

I actually use both, I have 75s on my samson, and RDs on my swobo.

indeed, I just upgraded to 75's cranks/chainring among other upgrades and can definitely feel the difference.

75/zen is a common setup perhaps a little stronger than the 75/75 setup/ The 75 ring is fast and sexy though...

I went from truvativ cranks (bianchi pista stock cranks) before which felt like plastic in comparison to my RD's
then from there I got 75's which feel like adamantium!@

that pista concept is really nice. i respect nice builds...I have come a long way with mine...being absolutely poor it has taken me a while but i think i amdone with her:
Bianchi pista Matte black/red chick designed, pre taiwan (i think?)
Phil wood rear, previously belonged to mike martin (holler if you're on here!)
zipp eliminator trispoke front
sugino 75 cranks with sugino 75 chainring 48t
dura ace 17t rear cog
fizik aliante carbon seat
nitto risers
thebikenew23.jpg

Wow, great build! That has to bee one of the cleanest pistas that I've seen, very nice. Lovin the trispoke especially, also you dont see too many of thoseblk/red pistas around anymore.

I've been debating about ordering a new frame, not sure about having 3 bikes though...

how the hell do yall even skid man
smh.gif

cannot do it
is it because i dont have pedal straps for my feet so its harder?

^you def need some type of foot retention to skid. just take you weight off of your back wheel and shift it forward while while you are going at a decentspeed. im sure someone can explain better

To skid you will definitely need some type of foot retention. Skidding is all about confidence, if you don't fully commit to it you're not gonna do it.Nuts to stem skids are always easier to learn because of the fact that soo much of your weight is shifted forward. Just lean forward and lock up your legs,pulling up with your front foot and pushing down with your back foot. Try learning on wet pavement or grass to make it easier. Also make sure you're goingat a moderate speed going slow only makes it harder.

Once you get those down move on to seated skids, then your ready to bomb some hills.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some good bullhorns and pedal cages/straps at a good price? I want to switch out my drop downs on my Fuji Track. Thanks.

Wow, great build! That has to bee one of the cleanest pistas that I've seen, very nice. Lovin the trispoke especially, also you dont see too many of those blk/red pistas around anymore.

I've been debating about ordering a new frame, not sure about having 3 bikes though...

Yeah man, how's that samson holding up? That thing is beautiful....
3 bikes?! heh...I definitely think you've spent enough on your current build(s) re investing another 2g's+ would be pretty crazy!
i can't blame you though! I'd love to make room in my garage for a nice 3rensho, or a nice bright nagasawa, maybe a nice true OG colnago steel track,so much stuff i want!
My buddy just came in to some cash and is trying to find a nice NJS frame, but 57's seem to be harder to come by than i thought. if you have any friendsholler at me!

my pista has been a year in the making. I have way too many bills and such to have just swooped up a mashinelli or something really nice all at once built up.
Chick designed pistas have pretty nice geometry, and my buddies aaron and ando both have the matte celest color so
when I happened upon mine a couple years back on cl stock built I was juiced!

I built it 90's track style (sans the risers, heh) so the zipp on the front was also an extremely exciting find!

as far as cages/straps go, I would probably suggestsoma cages/doublestraps for the money. you obviously would want to go toshi as far as straps later on but at100 bucks a pair you may want to wait on buying those. I AM a firm believer that straps are the MOST important aspect of your pedal setup so supple responsivetoshi are really nice...even in $6plastic cages!
also, easton makes some decent bars, and are fairly inexpensive, and well made. IMO slasa as well, makes decent bars....depebds on what your are looking for

raf,
are you affiliated with IMD? good rim that i minus is! and that video looks fun..were any of those kids in the potrero alleycat mission mission here in thecity?

My boy mark runs/owns iMD. He's also the one who started SJFixed. The iMD rims are great especially for the price, I got mine laced to suzue promax hubsand I love em.
I'm not sure if the gnarcotix guys were out there or not for the alleycat or not.

As far as bullhorns I love, and want to get my hands on some syntace stratos, but they are about $100. If your looking for something cheap/decent I have abrand new set of soma urban pursuit bars I'm willing to let go of.
For Pedals, different people like different things. Some people love GR9s, but I can stand them, my foot just doesnt sit right on them. I run sylvans, whichare about $25-30. For cages I run plastic doubles made by starkfu__rs (edited), they are pretty identical to the all-city plastic doubles.
For straps, if you are riding brakeless, they are the most important part of your bike cause if they snap youre done. Since I bought a pair of toshis I willnever ride anything else. The security they give is just awesome, and they last forever. So, $100 towards your safety and considering you never have to buyanother set of straps, its a pretty good deal.

cool flyer! im assuming they want to direct you to the site and thats why there's no address?

sounds fun though, i'd love to come out!

and co-sign on the sylvan love...I can't stand the shape of gr-9's either, plus they look too "raceguy biker" for my taste
also co-sign on the plastic cage/toshi setup..DEFINITELY my next investment i have seen sylvan/toshi combos got for as little as 90 bucks on CL so just keepyour eyes peeled on that one!

Back
Top Bottom