FIXED GEARS

Hai

I'll bite. Heres a few of my bikes I've had. No particular order

Full campy groupo Cannondale CAAD3
3805520456_e83bc9946f.jpg

NJS Bridgestone.
3740519019_30970ffc1a.jpg

Limited edition IRO mark V with Deddacai tubeset (think Bareknuckle). I sold it, then bought it back. Now its getting a proper NJS treatment because its such adamn nice bike to ride.

One of my first track bikes. Served me well. It went all over the place and got beat to ****e.I ended up selling with mad dents and destroyed paint for 130bucks lulz

Theres a few of them.

Originally Posted by scabzzzz

Hai
Deddacai tubeset a few of them.

NICE BIKES UP THERE^^ I just scored a bianchi veloce with that same tubeset..looks great! was wondering since it said limited edition on the decal

Originally Posted by yancancook90

^you def need some type of foot retention to skid. just take you weight off of your back wheel and shift it forward while while you are going at a decent speed. im sure someone can explain better
Not necessarily true. It's much easier with straps obviously but I had a friend who rode his NJS build for an entire semester without straps.Dude was nuts and rode through traffic to school everyday but he made it happen. When I first learned to skid, I was taught to put my body weight forward andlock my legs. You can definitely do it without straps although it takes tons of practice.

I need to get back on my bike
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

^you def need some type of foot retention to skid. just take you weight off of your back wheel and shift it forward while while you are going at a decent speed. im sure someone can explain better
Not necessarily true. It's much easier with straps obviously but I had a friend who rode his NJS build for an entire semester without straps. Dude was nuts and rode through traffic to school everyday but he made it happen. When I first learned to skid, I was taught to put my body weight forward and lock my legs. You can definitely do it without straps although it takes tons of practice.

smh.gif

word, its definitely easy to unweight and skid un-caged. I doubt, i would commute brakeless and without cages/straps here in San Francisco. A lot of my friendsride plain pedal out in Berkeley and stuff, but SF is almost a totally different story...If your boy was riding to school out here then he probable had somecajones! for steep downhill grade you need to actually focus on weighting to the back of the bike. I have skidded almost with no loss in momentum with thewhole "lean forward and unweight your back technique." It's actually kinda scary when you're just flying down into oncoming traffic, andalthough your legs are locked you are still skidding right into the intersection! Also sometimes due to the fact that cars pull up and through intersectionsvery quickly it's much more beneficial to do the whole "quick jerk of your pedal" stop as it takes less movement, and thus less time for you/yourbike to respond.

raf, That video is shaping up nicely!!! Do you have any creative freedom on it? i'd like to throw some input/ideas out there if so? LMK maybe aim or evenbetter maybe a ride/beers!

Thanks for the comment ^.
I'll post more pics later.

After browsing through this thread, I'm realizing how many total herbs are on this forum
smile.gif

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Not necessarily true. It's much easier with straps obviously but I had a friend who rode his NJS build for an entire semester without straps. Dude was nuts and rode through traffic to school everyday but he made it happen. When I first learned to skid, I was taught to put my body weight forward and lock my legs. You can definitely do it without straps although it takes tons of practice.

smh.gif

word, its definitely easy to unweight and skid un-caged. I doubt, i would commute brakeless and without cages/straps here in San Francisco. A lot of my friends ride plain pedal out in Berkeley and stuff, but SF is almost a totally different story...If your boy was riding to school out here then he probable had some cajones! for steep downhill grade you need to actually focus on weighting to the back of the bike. I have skidded almost with no loss in momentum with the whole "lean forward and unweight your back technique." It's actually kinda scary when you're just flying down into oncoming traffic, and although your legs are locked you are still skidding right into the intersection! Also sometimes due to the fact that cars pull up and through intersections very quickly it's much more beneficial to do the whole "quick jerk of your pedal" stop as it takes less movement, and thus less time for you/your bike to respond.
This was in San Diego
laugh.gif
Different beast I know. Anyoneriding strapless in San Francisco is a dummy.

This was in San Diego
laugh.gif
Different beast I know. Anyone riding strapless in San Francisco is a dummy.

Muahahahaha....man i LOOOVE San Diego...I lived in oceanside for a while...with some friends of my mom's who happened to....manage....IKE TURNER!!!!!!
ikepic.jpg
auto'ed ike pik(rip) epic![note the 619 on his mgt company]([yes, imshawn])

nah not me, I've been home sick all weekend. was it black with silver sparkles?

as far as the video, it not mine
laugh.gif
its a freinds who is sponsored by iMD
always down to ride though, feel free to hit me up aim: rafdos27

Its a decent lock, but I would recommend also getting a cable so that you can lock up both wheels and your frame.

its a good lock, i have one.

i hacked off the casing, to get some more room inside. gives about a half inch more room.

i do have the krypto also, which i like better. but you really cant go wrong with either, especially for the amazon deal on the onguard.

akev4i.jpg

cow palace today here in SF will be nuts! bike swap and cyclecross race in the cow palace parking lot!!!

yeah I got my lock in like 2 days ago. Slightly heavy. How'd you get the casing off?
I'm also considering a helmet right now as I hit a car over the weekend. I didn't hit my head, but I feel safer if I have one haha.

Back
Top Bottom