FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Not across the board? Inflation affects... everything you buy. Goods, services, food, everything. As I said adjusted for inflation.... these are less than they were 20 years ago. Almost all retros and new releases are, compared to the time of original release. Maybe that's why Nike has been cutting tech, taking shortcuts, etc, to try to keep prices down.

I'm not about to have this argument all over again. You can't just raise the price on certain shoes and call it inflation. Period end of story.
exactly. Makes no sense tb3s were 220 and the 15s are 190

To see the whole picture of inflation/ price increase you also need to consider material cost/ labor cost/ unit cost/ shipping cost and also the markup which Nike allows Footlocker and the other chains. Maybe in 1997 it was 2.5 and now it is only 1.8, I do not think the customers, so we will find out about that, but since the customer is king, I am sure that Nike and the retailers have swallowed a lot of the cost increase, thus making sure that the price increase is not getting out of control. If all cost increases would have been transferred to the customer, then who knows what a Foam One would cost now. Maybe over 300 by now.

After 2008 for example there was a big drop in shipping costs up until 2013/ 2014, then it rose steadliy.

Wages are increasing annually in China, even up to 20% according to governmental law.

And now there is the new president and that 30% floating around....it is going to be interesting!

I'm not about to have this argument all over again. You can't just raise the price on certain shoes and call it inflation. Period end of story.

Lol man.

Look at the bigger picture and not the tiny one.

Do you think that athletes signed to Nike got paid the same in 1997 as they do in 2017?

Do you think marketing costs the same in 1997 as it does in 2017?

Do you think employment for ALL of their US based employees and overseas employees cost the same in 1997 as in 2017?

Do you think the materials to make the shoes and other products costs the same as in 1997 compared to 2017?

Inflation - is "across the board".

That is THE bigger and ONLY picture when comparing this.

The "mark up prices is ridiculous" comment is worn out and generally used by people not looking at the entire picture.

Lebron signed a BILLION dollar life contract.....

Last edited:
Nike doesn't use leather like they did 20 years ago, and when it they do it's at a Premium, $150 AF1 Lows. But $220 for AJ11s and $190 for 12s in hype considering when 12 came out a year after 11a they were actually $25 more. And Nike only pay those big contracts because they know people will pay top dollar for the sponsored product. Still little to do with inflation.

Inflation doesn't work like that.

If a pair of Nikes cost $10 to make in 1997, they might cost $15 to make in 2016.

However this doesn't make you feel good so keep thinking that inflation should be applied to the retail price and not the actual cost of making the product.

Can't wait til the thread returns to normal. Prices have been this way for foams for years now. It's nothing new.

Can't wait til the thread returns to normal. Prices have been this way for foams for years now. It's nothing new.

Agree on this. The price didn't suddenly jump to $230 for this retro. It was already there.

Now the real question is, why didn't Nike do more for this release? No special box or apparel. Missed opportunity.

Agree on this. The price didn't suddenly jump to $230 for this retro. It was already there.

Now the real question is, why didn't Nike do more for this release? No special box or apparel. Missed opportunity.

I think Nike hasn't been going hard on apparel for non Jordan stuff for a min now.
Like they dropped the Griffey 1 retros in OG colors for his hall of fame year and didn't have the gear to go with it either.

And I do kick myself for not going in on the copper penny gear back in the day. I was so confident that I would catch it at the outlets :smh:

First impulse buy of the year and copped a 10.5 from KicksUSA. Hopefully I don't get any cancellation BS.

Copped another pair from Undefeated.

"Please allow up to 5 business days for order processing and verification, and an additional 7-10 business days for delivery."

roll.gif

Yeah, Air Go LWP. I thought with the "????" you were asking why they were in the pic, if they were worn by that other Hardaway guy lol

No, I put the question marks because I was a little surprised to see you had those.....I'm jelly lol

Also, Nike is a company that sells a product to the public. Believe it or not, they can charge however much they want for that product, it's their right. No one said you had to buy it. If you don't like the price, or product you get for it, don't purchase it. Honestly, I think that is steep for a pair of shoes, that's why I don't spend it often. I swear I feel like some people forget they have the power.......

Last edited:
I need to take pictures but does anyone else's 2017 pair have stains on the upper?

I plan to return my size 11

For whatever reason, I keep analyzing these xx's. Shape looks almost the same as varsity reds which is fine to me. The more I look at them, I don't think the color is an issue, it's the finish. 07 royals look rich, these not as much... The reds have a nicer finish too, the shine is awesome imo. Its like comparing a semi gloss finish to an eggshell. Only other foams I have are cough drops and they have the richer finish too. They still look hard on foot but after waiting all this time for a pair I'm a little disappointed.
View media item 2311427

Last edited:
finally my item is on the truck
Same here. It.s been quite some time since I.ve had to wait for an order from SNKRS or NDC this long. Considering the release date got bumped up, I suppose I.m still getting them sooner than I would have. It.s just an odd situation on the part of UPS as to why all these orders got delayed on moving. Wonder if it was just isolated to this release/shoe only?

Wore them yesterday and wearing again today.

I swear they felt better yesterday. Right heel area specifically. The zoom is definitely compressing more.

For whatever reason, I keep analyzing these xx's. Shape looks almost the same as varsity reds which is fine to me. The more I look at them, I don't think the color is an issue, it's the finish. 07 royals look rich, these not as much... The reds have a nicer finish too, the shine is awesome imo. Its like comparing a semi gloss finish to an eggshell. Only other foams I have are cough drops and they have the richer finish too. They still look hard on foot but after waiting all this time for a pair I'm a little disappointed.
View media item 2311427

The Met Reds must be more glossy, the royal is a uni color, so not that shiny.

So automatically the Met Reds have a nicer finish!

Back
Top Bottom