FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Not sure if anyone did this yet but I have the 07 pair and got my hands on the 17 pair recently. I personally find that the 07 pair is superior. I had the 2011 pair and they were awful in terms of shape, color, and quality. I think they did a better job with the 17 version.. and I know some don't like the color but thats one of the main things I think that they stepped up this time around.

The shape of course is still kind of poop but not terrible.. I don't know where that 07 mold went but they need to find it. Here are some comparison pics.

View media item 2309891

The 07 has thicker cent logos here but you'll find that the cent logo on the heel of the 07 is thinner.. weird.

View media item 2309892

Deeper ridges on the 07 of course.. but not that much deeper and def a stiffer foamposite.

View media item 2309893

View media item 2309894

Forgot to point out this part: The black lace holder was a tough suede on the 07 pair.. the 17 pair has this new nike fake suede but its softer fresh out the box.

View media item 2309896

Shape: here is where any foamposite after 09 starts sucking.. the height is higher on the 07 and you can see the top of the last two grooves.. its super annoying when they are cut off.

View media item 2309897

Peep the heel as mentioned before. Also, the obvious difference in color. I will say the 07 was way more vibrant upon it's release but even the pull tabs have a toned down blue on the 07 pair which I think is truer to the OG. The 17 pair has this damn near iMessage blue going on lol. Whats also weird to me is that when the 17 pair is not held in light (and not getting a chance to shine), the blue looks pretty good and true. 

View media item 2309898

View media item 2309899

07 wins to me.. but this was a decent retro.. enough to make me cop. Hardest part= should I wear my 17s now or keep rocking 07s which were worn once. :lol:

View media item 2309900

nice comparison. it solidifies exactly why i skipped the '17s. imo, they are only a slightly better variation of the '11s, which is only acceptable if u don't have a pair of royals already or u never experienced OGs or '07s. ftr tho, i woulda copped had i not come across an '07 pair. but based off of this comparison, which is the best one i've seen so far, i'da been disappointed. i already have '11s also, which imo renders these unnecessary.

maroon foams aka PB&Js restocked on SNKRS just now.
I get why they maroons are called the maroons, but would it not be easier, if people would call them the CAVS Foams?
nah, hate the cavs.
laugh.gif

I have the 07 pair and the 17 pair. Very happy with the 2017 release , no complaints, I doubled up.

Nothing like a brand new foam for winters in the east coast.

Not sure if anyone did this yet but I have the 07 pair and got my hands on the 17 pair recently. I personally find that the 07 pair is superior. I had the 2011 pair and they were awful in terms of shape, color, and quality. I think they did a better job with the 17 version.. and I know some don't like the color but thats one of the main things I think that they stepped up this time around.
The shape of course is still kind of poop but not terrible.. I don't know where that 07 mold went but they need to find it. Here are some comparison pics.

The 07 has thicker cent logos here but you'll find that the cent logo on the heel of the 07 is thinner.. weird.

Deeper ridges on the 07 of course.. but not that much deeper and def a stiffer foamposite.

Forgot to point out this part: The black lace holder was a tough suede on the 07 pair.. the 17 pair has this new nike fake suede but its softer fresh out the box.

Shape: here is where any foamposite after 09 starts sucking.. the height is higher on the 07 and you can see the top of the last two grooves.. its super annoying when they are cut off.

Peep the heel as mentioned before. Also, the obvious difference in color. I will say the 07 was way more vibrant upon it's release but even the pull tabs have a toned down blue on the 07 pair which I think is truer to the OG. The 17 pair has this damn near iMessage blue going on lol. Whats also weird to me is that when the 17 pair is not held in light (and not getting a chance to shine), the blue looks pretty good and true. 

07 wins to me.. but this was a decent retro.. enough to make me cop. Hardest part= should I wear my 17s now or keep rocking 07s which were worn once. 
laugh.gif
nice comparison. it solidifies exactly why i skipped the '17s. imo, they are only a slightly better variation of the '11s, which is only acceptable if u don't have a pair of royals already or u never experienced OGs or '07s. ftr tho, i woulda copped had i not come across an '07 pair. but based off of this comparison, which is the best one i've seen so far, i'da been disappointed. i already have '11s also, which imo renders these unnecessary.
This is my exact reasoning for copping an 07 pair last year. I think I copped right around the time these were announced and knew the current complaints would be exactly what they were. 

Lol man.

Look at the bigger picture and not the tiny one.

Do you think that athletes signed to Nike got paid the same in 1997 as they do in 2017?

Do you think marketing costs the same in 1997 as it does in 2017?

Do you think employment for ALL of their US based employees and overseas employees cost the same in 1997 as in 2017?

Do you think the materials to make the shoes and other products costs the same as in 1997 compared to 2017?

Inflation - is "across the board".

That is THE bigger and ONLY picture when comparing this.

The "mark up prices is ridiculous" comment is worn out and generally used by people not looking at the entire picture.

Lebron signed a BILLION dollar life contract.....
It's about profit, really. Nike gonna price their shoes at whatever they need to based on what's best for their overall business and investors. I dont think it's that simple to just say "these shoes were $x in 1997 so in 2017 inflation puts them at $y". The foam ones cost $180 in 97 and they had to put in a ton of money over years of R&D and a ton of money into marketing these shoes and Penny.  Fast forward to today, they put 0 into R&D and marketing. Who's to say that the cost of the materials they use have really gone up? I dont know if the cost to manufacture is up or down, they always moving production to different 3rd world countries in asia for a reason.  For all I know, foams cost the same to make or less, and they definitely dont have all the R&D and marketing expenses.

We damn sure know there's a ton more sneakerheads and foamheads than ever before and heads got UPS trucks dropping off boxes at their houses weekly. All I mean by that is yeah they paid Lebron for a lifetime contract but that's because they're profiting off him and their revenues are sky high. Ultimately they could price foams at $180 still, it has nothing or very little to do with inflation. Whatever they think is best for the bottom line is what goes. This is just IMO.

OK, I can understand the CAVS thing, but give credit, where it is due. I am a Kyrie fan, but I do not like Lebron = biggest Dilemma for me ever. I am happy that Kyrie always makes the game winners!

:smh:

My size ain't listed but I'm livid right now. Didn't open the package last night since I got home late AF. Open it before I leave for the day and it's some damn Prestos

My size ain't listed but I'm livid right now. Didn't open the package last night since I got home late AF. Open it before I leave for the day and it's some damn Prestos

Just return them. JJ isn't the only store that does it and it's not like they are sold out everywhere. Heck I know they have pairs in store so three "could" proxy them for you still.

Nike pair came in yesterday. Extremely satisfying to finally have a pair. Wanted a pair since i first saw these in 6th grade in eastbay mag...mom told me no way but it didnt stop me from asking for them at every opportunity...obv never had a pair til now. :smile:

Just return them. JJ isn't the only store that does it and it's not like they are sold out everywhere. Heck I know they have pairs in store so three "could" proxy them for you still.

Oh I know that, my point is I ordered and waited for them then they send me the wrong :lol:

Ruined the moment for me

Last edited by a moderator:
To see the whole picture of inflation/ price increase you also need to consider material cost/ labor cost/ unit cost/ shipping cost and also the markup which Nike allows Footlocker and the other chains. Maybe in 1997 it was 2.5 and now it is only 1.8, I do not think the customers, so we will find out about that, but since the customer is king, I am sure that Nike and the retailers have swallowed a lot of the cost increase, thus making sure that the price increase is not getting out of control. If all cost increases would have been transferred to the customer, then who knows what a Foam One would cost now. Maybe over 300 by now.

After 2008 for example there was a big drop in shipping costs up until 2013/ 2014, then it rose steadliy.

Wages are increasing annually in China, even up to 20% according to governmental law.

And now there is the new president and that 30% floating around....it is going to be interesting!
but doesnt companies get better with design and labor cost as far as optimization and things..i know things go up but 180 to 230 isnt bad.. still high.. but not as bad as crappy jordans that were 100 now going for 190 and 250..and the shoe gets crappier and crappier.. so we are paying more for crappier designs for some of these shoes..

but doesnt companies get better with design and labor cost as far as optimization and things..i know things go up but 180 to 230 isnt bad.. still high.. but not as bad as crappy jordans that were 100 now going for 190 and 250..and the shoe gets crappier and crappier.. so we are paying more for crappier designs for some of these shoes..

You know what speaks louder than discussing this on a forum?

Your wallet.

If you are unsatisfied, don't buy the product. Simple as that. Buying and still complaining doesn't change a thing because you still bought in. I'm not directing this at you but I keep seeing discussions all over this forum regarding why stuff costs more now than it did X years ago. Everything has gone up in price and will continue to do so.

Gas costs more now than it did 20 years ago. Gallon of milk. Pair of Foamposites.

Inflation is real whether one chooses to acknowledge it or not. It costs more to produce the same thing than it did X years ago. Those inflation calculators give you a ballpark figure for what something will cost at present relative to cost X years ago. That only gives you a numerical result it does not take into account any other expenses that go into producing a product.

Last edited:

I was neither justifying nor supporting inflation. I was just trying to give possible reasons. The first pair that I got in 1997 was 400 Deutsch Mark, back then that was around USD 230-250. When the EU dropped most of the individual currencies and we got the Euro, this of course changed some things. In 2011 the price was € 180, so around USD 240, compared to 1997, 400 Deutsch Mark were 200 Euros. Today the price is around € 220, which right now is around USD 235, so in 20 years in Europe the price has, depending on the exchange rate to the USD of course, been relatively stable for Foams!

Jordans were 300 Deutsch Mark back then, so € 150 or USD 185 around, now they are between € 175 and € 220, depending on popularity, so that is a bigger swing in comparison to the Foamposites!

You know what speaks louder than discussing this on a forum?

Your wallet.

If you are unsatisfied, don't buy the product. Simple as that. Buying and still complaining doesn't change a thing because you still bought in. I'm not directing this at you but I keep seeing discussions all over this forum regarding why stuff costs more now than it did X years ago. Everything has gone up in price and will continue to do so.

Gas costs more now than it did 20 years ago. Gallon of milk. Pair of Foamposites.

Inflation is real whether one chooses to acknowledge it or not. It costs more to produce the same thing than it did X years ago. Those inflation calculators give you a ballpark figure for what something will cost at present relative to cost X years ago. That only gives you a numerical result it does not take into account any other expenses that go into producing a product.
Yeah.. I barely buy Jordans.. I did get the XVI's.. Aint gonna lie I got them Exclsuive Store versions but the main navy.. im waiting for < 200 prices but the other 2 were limited but as far as the main stream releases.. especially XI's.. all passing..lol i know for foams.. 180 to 230 over 20 years isnt a high delta.. but paying 190 for shoes that were 100.. and 220 for 125 11's.. they just upping 11's cause people are willing to turn into incredible hulks...

And by the way, Royals dropping in Europe tomorrow! So exceited! Just deciding where to buy? Nike.de, Footlocker.de or Kickz.com??? Price and Policies are all the same! I think I will go with Nike!

Back
Top Bottom