FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
E4C58DB7-16D3-4DDC-A533-852582516B19.jpeg

Broke anthracite's out 🔥

CDG x Nike Air Foamposite One
Color: Black/Black-Black
Style Code: DJ7952-001
Release Date: November 5, 2021
Price: $520
1635282658738.jpeg
1635282671263.jpeg
1635282709793.jpeg
1635282720130.jpeg
1635282729768.png
1635282743265.jpeg

Lot of people hating on these cause they broke & can’t afford the $520, saying that these are Fat people’s shoes. Seems like they’re posers. :rolleyes Definitely not a true sneakerhead. Douchebags, Lame Posers. Hate when someone hates on a shoe because they are broke & posing. :smh:

it’s time for a stunt Nike cause I never seen a fat guy wearing Foamposites. Lol.

Put a hit on these fools Nike.

Last edited:
Interested to see what happens w/ the Foams because CDG did the Carnivores, charged $330 and they sat.

Ended up paying $180 for mine.

Carnivores are obscure as hell, tho, maybe people will actually pay retail for these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of people hating on these cause they broke & can’t afford the $520, saying that these are Fat people’s shoes. Seems like they’re posers. :rolleyes Definitely not a true sneakerhead. Douchebags, Lame Posers. Hate when someone hates on a shoe because they are broke & posing. :smh:

it’s time for a stunt Nike cause I never seen a fat guy wearing Foamposites. Lol.

Never seen a fat dude wearing Foams? Come to Baltimore or DC my guy lol

Never seen a fat dude wearing Foams? Come to Baltimore or DC my guy lol

I have a hard time seeing anyone paying 520 for foams, people hardly want to pay 230 for foams.

Post of the year.

People don’t have a hard time paying 230 for foams.

People have a hard time paying 230 for the trash colorways and molds they’ve been releasing.

You guys inadvertently have solved an issue for Nike here:

Nike simply needs to make DC/Baltimore-themed foams, price them sky high, release them in the DMV/Baltimore area, and then just simply listen to money printer going “BRRRR”

Nike’s business strategy for these types of shoes usually is to determine what the demand is, and provide about 1% of that demand

demand for these will absolutely be tiny, especially at that dumb *** retail price, but u can’t put it past Nike to barely scratch the surface of that demand, it’s the Nike way

If you find the price of the CDG Foams shocking/too high/absurd/etc, then guess what? You're not the target audience for this shoe. I'm not saying that to throw shade or anything, I'm just being blunt about it.

For some context, nearly all of CDG's Nike collabs retail for 2-2.5x (give or take) the MSRP of a standard non-collab version of that model. Their dunk lows (non-sb) from last year retailed for $260 (almost 2.5x the retail price of a non-collab dunk low) . Their AJ1 highs from the year before retailed for $350 (a little over 2x the retail price of a non-collab AJ1 High OG).

The issue with their foam collab is that regular *** foams have such a high MSRP to begin with, so the sticker shock here is especially jarring (especially to those who aren't in the target audience for these). But if you look past the nominal price and look at the price in a relative context, the ratio between the CDG collab and a regular non-collab pair of foams is the same as the ratio with last year's CDG dunks.

In either case, seeing everyone's negative comments re: the price of these is the only thing that's giving me some hope that I might have a chance at copping for retail ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t think affordability is the issue. It’s the artificial hype they’re trying to create with that price tag by engraving some circles on a shoe that would normally cost $230. Most of us see right through the gimmick.

I don’t think affordability is the issue. It’s the artificial hype they’re trying to create with that price tag by engraving some circles on a shoe that would normally cost $230. Most of us see right through the gimmick.

Yea I hear you.

They called me broke, so I had to call ‘‘em broke as well. Ya digg? :nerd:

It definitely ain’t about being broke, I just don’t see these selling well at that price. Me personally I don’t like this collab at all, but for those who do, by all means buy what you want. Nike should’ve done better tho

It definitely ain’t about being broke, I just don’t see these selling well at that price. Me personally I don’t like this collab at all, but for those who do, by all means buy what you want. Nike should’ve done better tho

Word.

Cats be doing the most screaming broke if you don’t rock with this “high fashion” nonsense.

How about most people think this collab is garbo; the ridiculous price is just an extra slap in the face.

Nike know they trolling too; these cws would be instant classics had the released in normal versions but nah because, “art” >D

An obscene MSRP =/= fire product.

But you know NT is about extreme generalizations and scorching hot takes so.

P.S. these would still be trash at $230, so I guess there’s that too.

Back
Top Bottom