FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
these cws would be instant classics had the released in normal versions but nah because, “art” >D

P.S. these would still be trash at $230, so I guess there’s that too.
Which one is it lol.

Don't see the appeal in high fashion myself either. Probably couldn't afford it either way, but guess I'm stuck in my ways.

1635990942744.png

If you find the price of the CDG Foams shocking/too high/absurd/etc, then guess what? You're not the target audience for this shoe. I'm not saying that to throw shade or anything, I'm just being blunt about it.

For some context, nearly all of CDG's Nike collabs retail for 2-2.5x (give or take) the MSRP of a standard non-collab version of that model. Their dunk lows (non-sb) from last year retailed for $260 (almost 2.5x the retail price of a non-collab dunk low) . Their AJ1 highs from the year before retailed for $350 (a little over 2x the retail price of a non-collab AJ1 High OG).

The issue with their foam collab is that regular *** foams have such a high MSRP to begin with, so the sticker shock here is especially jarring (especially to those who aren't in the target audience for these). But if you look past the nominal price and look at the price in a relative context, the ratio between the CDG collab and a regular non-collab pair of foams is the same as the ratio with last year's CDG dunks.

In either case, seeing everyone's negative comments re: the price of these is the only thing that's giving me some hope that I might have a chance at copping for retail ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That’s all fine and dandy, but who wants to pay those prices for an all white or all black Foam? I have the money to purchase, but to me it’s just an uninspiring ripoff. Different strokes for different folks.

I wish you luck though. Hope you get what you want. 👍

Word.

Cats be doing the most screaming broke if you don’t rock with this “high fashion” nonsense.

How about most people think this collab is garbo; the ridiculous price is just an extra slap in the face.

Nike know they trolling too; these cws would be instant classics had the released in normal versions but nah because, “art” >D

An obscene MSRP =/= fire product.

But you know NT is about extreme generalizations and scorching hot takes so.

P.S. these would still be trash at $230, so I guess there’s that too.
Preach my brother

How to size the foam if im a size 10.5 in Jordan 1s?
I go with the same size as my AJ1s, but with my wide feet they take a bit to break in a little. I tie them mad tight the first time, and they kinda shape around my foot so I can wear them tied normally afterwards.

If you find the price of the CDG Foams shocking/too high/absurd/etc, then guess what? You're not the target audience for this shoe. I'm not saying that to throw shade or anything, I'm just being blunt about it.

For some context, nearly all of CDG's Nike collabs retail for 2-2.5x (give or take) the MSRP of a standard non-collab version of that model. Their dunk lows (non-sb) from last year retailed for $260 (almost 2.5x the retail price of a non-collab dunk low) . Their AJ1 highs from the year before retailed for $350 (a little over 2x the retail price of a non-collab AJ1 High OG).

The issue with their foam collab is that regular *** foams have such a high MSRP to begin with, so the sticker shock here is especially jarring (especially to those who aren't in the target audience for these). But if you look past the nominal price and look at the price in a relative context, the ratio between the CDG collab and a regular non-collab pair of foams is the same as the ratio with last year's CDG dunks.

In either case, seeing everyone's negative comments re: the price of these is the only thing that's giving me some hope that I might have a chance at copping for retail ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I definitely think the production costs of the new Foamposite mold also factored into this pricepoint as well.

Back
Top Bottom