FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Miss the half off at footlocker for friends and family. Especially earlier on before they started setting a cap employees had to stay under for the weekend. Those were the days.

Did they get rid of it completely? I assumed they did. I don’t even know how my footlocker stays open. It’s the size of a small storage unit and they don’t even get GRs of much anymore. The occasional Jordan release here and there but that’s it

Got my pair in yesterday.. didn't spend much time looking at them bc I'm packing. IMO, yeah they suck but I honestly don't see much difference between these and Foams from the last 4-5 years. 2017>>>>> especially on the color hue and sole.

Odd thing.. the grooves have an imprint that goes into the black sock liner.. almost like someone jacked up the height (duh) and they were supposed to have more room in between the sock liner and the carbon fiber plate in the center of the shoe. Let's see what the 30th brings in 3 years.

Got my pair in yesterday.. didn't spend much time looking at them bc I'm packing. IMO, yeah they suck but I honestly don't see much difference between these and Foams from the last 4-5 years. 2017>>>>> especially on the color hue and sole.

Odd thing.. the grooves have an imprint that goes into the black sock liner.. almost like someone jacked up the height (duh) and they were supposed to have more room in between the sock liner and the carbon fiber plate in the center of the shoe. Let's see what the 30th brings in 3 years.

A remastered 30th anniversary true to og would be a blessing and I’d gladly add them to the 2017s and 2024s in the collection

Did they get rid of it completely? I assumed they did. I don’t even know how my footlocker stays open. It’s the size of a small storage unit and they don’t even get GRs of much anymore. The occasional Jordan release here and there but that’s it
I'm not sure if they still have it or not. It's been bout 7 or 8 years since I had a plug at a footlocker or sister stores. But back before bout 2010 ish employees could buy as much as they wanted on the f&f weekend, but then footlocker caught on and starting having that stupid 400 or 600 dollar cap per employee for f&f weekends. Put a HUGE damper on things 🤣 and yah my town had 3 footlockers a Champs and a kids footlocker and I think only 1 footlocker and kids footlocker is still open now. But like I said been years since I've even stepped in a mall.

Why are we waiting for a magical 30th anniversary pair identical to OGs if we know that they don’t have the OG molds anymore?

Probably because the mold explanation is BS and we know that Nike can replicate whatever they want, they just choose not to. This is evident in Jordan releases. I don't care about the FOAM mold like I do other shoe models, but I understand the sentiment.

Pre 2007, they never retro'd the Royal I’s due to the ‘mold being destroyed’ .. suddenly they magically appeared. I think they switched factory/locations some time ago and that was it. Even if they don’t have OG molds.. they damn sure got the 07 somewhere.

I don't know.....I'd like to believe that the mold/last situation is true. Simply because I don't think Nike expected to be this reliant on retro product. So, I can see how a mold might not be archived properly to preserve it. Destroyed sounds dramatic but maybe that's what it is. On the other hand, if each mold costs several stacks as we've been told then it doesn't make financial sense to destroy them. I don't understand why Nike would destroy any mold/last at this point.

2024 with the Lil Penny Jersey

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 405
The mold doesn't bother me as much as the color.... the 2017 and 2024 are way off compared to the OG & 07 pair when it comes to the blue

Last edited:

Dont ever overlook one of footlockers primary demographics…

Caution, this is graphic:

IMG_8599.jpeg
IMG_8600.jpeg

Where did they explain that? I must’ve missed it when the shoes were announced

I was wondering the same thing... The OG and 07 pair the blue was more dull while the 17 and 24 pair are more vibrant... different color but kinda reminds me of the metallic red pair that released in 2012... the red was more dull compared to the 2017 which was more vibrant... ended up flipping the 2017 cuz the color bothered me

Back
Top Bottom