FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters

redrum3281  did you see these ?
my daughter's on shoe restriction she hasnt worn her kyrie2 school buses yet
mad.gif
, she got them back in sept, she's stuck on that crap her mama be buying her and them kd8 pink and volt shoe i forget the name, plus she's also not allowed white shoes
mean.gif
, i shudder at how her cheerleading shoes must look since i'm not there to clean them 
sick.gif

Where are you watching these games?

Game 3, 4 and 5 of the playoffs I have on VHS and DVD. Games 1 and 2 enough photos exist.

From the Knicks and Bucks game I have seen a summary on Youtube about a year ago and there is also a Magic season documentary, which I have on DVD, which shows Penny in those games wearing the Foams, he had a pretty nice fastbreak dunk against the Bucks!

Toronto and Cleveland I saw pics once.

The game against Chicago I have on DVD.

Boston and Detroit there were photos floating around on the web.

Washington someone posted a pic in the thread, plus I found it on Getty Images then as well.

The last home game against Miami is just a guess from my side, he just played 5 minutes, which I do not why to be honest, never found out the details. I do not think that he got injured though, since the playoffs started only a couple of days later. Maybe due to rest or maybe since the Magic could not climb up the playoff ladder and so they pulled him??? Maybe somebody knows

That's a real dope touch by Nike. They didn't have to do that but they actually made that extra effort for once. I'm happy it was some of y'all that could get it. Like someone said though, it would be better if it was the shoe.

Random question,

Obviously the northern lights were the all-star edition foams, but was there any matching gear for it from nike? Like a hat, shirt,etc. ?

Thanks

With the release of the Royal OG upon us, I figured now would be the time to post why this shoe has a special place for me. I'm not a regular who posts in here often (usually in the Agassi or other 90s retro threads) but I wanted to add why this colorway is so special to me

When these came out, I was 20 and working full-time at Footquarters (same corporate company as Footlocker and Champs, so the employee discount was there which was great). I remember vividly, watching Arizona against Kentucky for the NCAA championship. When I watched that game (and all games back in the early 90s as all Nike teams wore SICK shoes at that time).

I knew Arizona was a Nike team, and I saw Miles Simon with the Uptempo 97's, then I saw Bibby with something? What the heck are they? I didn't see any Nike Swoosh on the sides. The shoe looked one piece with no branding (could t really see the small swoosh by the toe on TV). I was going crazy trying to figure out what they were.

This was WAY before any blogs, websites like this. No real internet like today. No way to see what the heck they were! All we had was Slam magazine with the Kicks section and the annual Kicks issue (the issue all is old heads anxiously waited for each year back then). Then I got the April 7, 1997 issue of SI (Simon on the cover) and these two pics in there gave some insight to what the heck they were..

View media item 2296391View media item 2296413
These pics were all I had to go on in regards to what they were. Then the Nike ad with the number came out! Are they made of foam?!! What the heck are they!! Then the subway commercial with the shoes on the train and they voiceover saying it's a "Space Basketball Boot"!! These were $180 new when the Jordan XI were $125! Needless to say I wasn't getting them. That was unheard of back then!!!

Fast forward about a year after they released. I went to Richard's Sporting Goods (at least that's what I think it was at, can't recall 100%) to get the White Foamposite Pro that Pippen wore for a game or two. Didn't have my size but the guy says they had the blue color. Blue Pro's? Wait a minute..Can I see them? Low and behold, returned lightly worn but almost new OG Neon Royal Foamposite Ones! How much? $99!!! Needless to say I got them!!

And still have them to this day!!!
View media item 2296417
Shoes are still wearable, gotta reglue the carbon fiber shank but other than a few scratches, in pretty decent shape. That is why I gotta get a pair and these will always mean something to me. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
Random question,

Obviously the northern lights were the all-star edition foams, but was there any matching gear for it from nike? Like a hat, shirt,etc. ?
hanks

There was matching shirt that Jimmyjazz had.
Nothing else that I remember

I know the 2011 pretty much sold out online, but yall think hopefully these 20th xx will mAke it to ndc? Or nike+/reserve

I really wanted that penny sig with the snkrs marker :lol:. Nice collectors touch

I know the 2011 pretty much sold out online, but yall think hopefully these 20th xx will mAke it to ndc? Or nike+/reserve

I really wanted that penny sig with the snkrs marker :lol:. Nice collectors touch

These will be a sell out. However, if Nike decides to make a ton of them and do a few restocks, you may get your wish.

Haven't heard anything about production quantities but my gut says they will release a ton of them.

I am more concerned that the blue is so BLUE that might make me cop a pair.  I grew up with Penny's agents daughter who was the Poston brothers so I was able to meet him and get a signed pic and card.  Wasn't ever able to get the foams outta them though lol

If this sale I have pending goes through, imma put the loot in my homie's account in case they do pop up on the Nike employee site. I def don't believe they would sit there long if on discount.

These will be a sell out. However, if Nike decides to make a ton of them and do a few restocks, you may get your wish.

Haven't heard anything about production quantities but my gut says they will release a ton of them.

Crossing fingers, i wanna disco
Ndc is key or nike+/reservation blesses me.

I reallly WANTED the 07 but remembered copping the anthracite :lol: lowkey underrated
Man 07-2011 was pretty good yrs for retro foams(some)

Those 2007& hoh

View media item 2296617

View media item 2296614View media item 2296620

Last edited by a moderator:
royals getting hella love in the trheads.. the poll next year is gonna be strong with royal %..lol but them coppers with the blue ice.. those are epic..

View media item 2296927View media item 2296929View media item 2296930View media item 2296931View media item 2296932View media item 2296933View media item 2296934View media item 2296935View media item 2296936View media item 2296937View media item 2296938View media item 2296940View media item 2296943
07s on the left and 17s on the right
2017s are a great retro compared to the others
The color was the first thing I noticed
I had all four royals and i feel this is the closest to the 0g but I honestly cant remember if the 0g was THIS blue, its a nice blue in person, it really vibrant
Things i notice is the 1cent logo on the heel reminds me of the 0g, i think the 0gs had a thick 1 like these
Every thing is about the same though but the blues on the 17s are brighter
The nubuck on my 07s is dry but the 17s i can tell has a nice/decent nubuck
The height is on point, it's practically the same as the 07s which were if not higher than the 0gs
Toe boxes are the same, wish they were closer to the 0gs though
The white nitted things in the bootie are more prominent on the 17s
The bootie is thinner than the 07s
The shape is about the same but my 07s seem more wider which i know is from them forming to my foot over the years
One big thing is the grooves in the foamposite still isn't right, the 07s are the closest to the 0gs with those deep grooves and I believe the 17s are on par with the 11s
The last thing is the foamposite it self is once again softer than the 07s, as you can see in the picture my 07s are well worn and balled in once, if you look at where the sole meets the upper there are no creases in the foam at all and i weight 2 bill at least
On my 11s creases was very present from a few wears and im hoping these as tough as the 07s but from the feel it is softer
Sorry bout the run on sentences
Im happy with them to be honest, the color is great, the sole is perfect, the quality is there other than the overall foam being a bit softer and grooves
I think everyone who buys are gonna be very happy with these honestly

Back
Top Bottom