Foamposite One Retro..Black/Red..the right way this time

let's release an abundance of colorways and flood the market. Nike ain't dumb they CAKING off the hype.

Great for me and others, we can cop for half off!!!!!
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Yeah that dude Never Wear Them, I notice mad people steal his pics on eBay. And if you ask me, the 09' eggplant release was the last truest Foamposite release in terms of originallity. The foampsoite as a shoe changed after that year, not sure why tho..

Yo the hype on the 09 eggplants KILLED it for dudes who have been rocking them before it was the "cool thing to do". Before then it was somewhat of a north eastern cult following you see a dude in the street rockin' a pair of foams dudes always give eachother a nod or something to show respect. Nowadays in NYC at least EVERYONE rocks them even females everyone out here is a "foam head" dudes don't even know who penny hardaway is or what the 1 cent logo is
laugh.gif
. Nike seen the kind of hype the 09 eggplants had and like any business they decided to cash in. Let's reduce quality and essentially make them cheaper to make , re-release the same colorways a year later with lesser quality , and also let's release an abundance of colorways and flood the market. Nike ain't dumb they CAKING off the hype.
preach my brotha...preach.

i used to be that dude that would go to school and rock some crispy foams that dropped da same weekend as some jordans, cop both, and rock da foamposites

da same monday with a smug look on my face like "oh dont even bout these....they cost a lil bit more then those jordan
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
"

and they never over produced em either, they were usually all made in taiwan, and a store would get a shipment of 20-40 pairs max.

i only cop foamposites with da penny logo though..all my other pros i been got rid of...once nike remade da ones with da cent there was no reason

for me to cop pros.

as far as these back and red ones, they aren't selling fast because this da 3rd release of da same color in under 4 years...for a sneaker that thats as durable as these

its a lil overkill.

2007 was an expensive year for me, was busy paying for my wedding, had to pass on many kicks I wanted that year. It seems like 2011 is a redemption year for foams lol. I'm scooping up a pair of these when the price drops.

Sorry for the dumb question. I scooped up a pair for 150. Foams are my grails. Should I cop another pair now for 150 or wait a lil bit? Hoq long should I wait?

I'm surprised there are as many people disinterested in these as there are. I think they're hot as heck, and I'm picking up a pair tomorrow. I already have the '07 Royals, so no need to get them again. I absolutely love the Pewters, but I don't want to deal with possible lines and sold-out stores. The "cough drops" (I DO hate that nickname) are a good deal being marked down, and with a red tinted sole, in all likelihood these will look brand new 10 years from now, something that clear soles just can't deliver (as much as I like them). I honestly don't mind yellowing that much, but getting a pair of Foams that won't yellow at all is very nice.

I can't wait to get out of work tomorrow to grab these! WOOT!

Quick question for you guys. Whenever someone comes in and asks what shoe should they buy, they always get the "buy what you like!" answer. OK, cool, but now you guys are getting on people because they are buying this shoe without knowing what the 1 cent logo is or who penny hardaway is? But if they are buying what they like, they don't need to know the story behind the shoe, do they? I know who penny is and I know what the logo is, but if my friend is wearing them and he says he likes them, i'm not going to get on him and school him about penny and the logo. IF he likes them, cool. Now if someone was to buy them saying they liked them without knowing anything about them and then turned 180 degrees 5 seconds later and bought in bulk to resell, then I would be pissed.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

Sorry for the dumb question. I scooped up a pair for 150. Foams are my grails. Should I cop another pair now for 150 or wait a lil bit? Hoq long should I wait?
You already got 1 pair, if I were you I'd wait until they drop even lower. These just came out around christmas time, so thats barely 2 months. Plus theres 3 more foams releasing Feb-April, so dont tie up all your bread into 1 colorway.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by 555fresh

You already got 1 pair, if I were you I'd wait until they drop even lower. These just came out around christmas time, so thats barely 2 months. Plus theres 3 more foams releasing Feb-April, so dont tie up all your bread into 1 colorway.
pimp.gif

Thx for the info. Ya, that's a good idea. Plus I like the foam pros too. So I might wait to see which cw come out

I remember getting a pair of the black/red solid bottoms at a DTLR for $49.99 -- those were the days.

Originally Posted by xdunksbx

Originally Posted by B Town Legend

The solid red sole never looked right to me.
cosign on that
I agree with this too. They don't look terrible, it's just that I always thought the sole should be clear. I remember passing on the 2007 black/reds when they were $150 on Shoe Trends.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I prefer the translucent sole much more than the solid sole on these.

I saw these on someones feet and they were dirty as heck. Which is easier to clean, the translucent or solid sole? I think its the solids that are easier.

Originally Posted by HisAirness32

Still have my solid red '07 pair

These right here are another reason I chose the "cough drops" (still hate that nickname...grrr lol) over the royals.  I passed on these and later regretted it big time.  I was not making that mistake again.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

the red on the solid soles pop & go harder than that weak dull hue of red on these cough drops
yep, hence why i don't bother with da cough drops.

Back
Top Bottom