Foamposite One Retro..Black/Red..the right way this time

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Nah. I had both pairs in my hands before selling them. What you see in that pic depicting those grooves and shape is exactly how it looked in real life.

The shape is different, the grooves, the color etc. They're damn near 2 totally different pairs. Anybody with both can tell you the same.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Not sure about these Black/Red pairs. I haven't seen them in person yet.

But in comparision to the eggplant foamposite pair's, here's the difference in mold between the 2009 & 2010 release:

2009 (courtesy of never wear them)
eggplant-nike-foamposite.jpg

2010:
eggplant-nike-foamposite-one1.jpg

Notice the difference in the grooves and color...
30t6p3b.gif
really pointless release (2010) IMO.
Both pics are not taken in the same conditions (light, camera precision and angle), therefore the grooves and color don't come across the same way. The first pic is def. better looking though based on who took that pic.

i always love NWTs pics.  he could sell me on any shoe im sure
smile.gif

Yeah that dude Never Wear Them, I notice mad people steal his pics on eBay. And if you ask me, the 09' eggplant release was the last truest Foamposite release in terms of originallity. The foampsoite as a shoe changed after that year, not sure why tho..

Originally Posted by lewi1913

Waiting for these to hit $100

I really hope so. I'll grab another pair. Wasn't too mad dropping 140 on em. I waited on the pearls and missed out

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Yeah that dude Never Wear Them, I notice mad people steal his pics on eBay. And if you ask me, the 09' eggplant release was the last truest Foamposite release in terms of originallity. The foampsoite as a shoe changed after that year, not sure why tho..
agree with you 100%

Yo the hype on the 09 eggplants KILLED it for dudes who have been rocking them before it was the "cool thing to do". Before then it was somewhat of a north eastern cult following you see a dude in the street rockin' a pair of foams dudes always give eachother a nod or something to show respect. Nowadays in NYC at least EVERYONE rocks them even females everyone out here is a "foam head" dudes don't even know who penny hardaway is or what the 1 cent logo is
laugh.gif
. Nike seen the kind of hype the 09 eggplants had and like any business they decided to cash in. Let's reduce quality and essentially make them cheaper to make , re-release the same colorways a year later with lesser quality , and also let's release an abundance of colorways and flood the market. Nike ain't dumb they CAKING off the hype.

sorry for the rant
laugh.gif
but anyway nice to see foamposites make their way back on the court

koc-1-28-2011-15.jpg

pimp.gif

^I agree 100 son I seen it happen first hand. That '09 eggplant release brought the wrong crowd to the drinking pond. Smh.

^I agree 100 son I seen it happen first hand. That '09 eggplant release brought the wrong crowd to the drinking pond. Smh.

remember when dudes just seen pics and didn't see the actual shoe in person yet and was like "idc eggozz >>>>>>> royals" 
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

09 was the beginning of the end man

WESTNYC.com has these for $150 right now call them up 212-787-8595 for phone orders or stop by they dropped the price yesterday i'm pretty sure they have most sizes

yoo kickz, what is your take on both pairs that released, do you think they are exactly the same, or do one look better than the other?

for some reason i think the second release better, havent gotten a pair of them yet but my hoh cough drops dont look as fresh...

you think i can take them back to niketown and get a refund, or exchange with writing on the box? thanks for any info 96

^^^ they have different production dates. cant remember if the style number is the same but it should be.
i doubt the employee will look at the date tho. he/she usually just looks at the shoe size and puts them back in the box.

i mentioned it before there is no difference watsoever on the releases they are exactly the same that's why i didn't mind trading my worn pair for those AF1 Foams in black i'm waiting for them to go on sale so i can swoosh it for less than a buck, but if you have two pairs you can just switch out the box if it has writing on it...other than that i think you'll have a problem worst case if you go w/o a receipt they'll just give you the gift card which is still a win

thanks yall.. i called niketown and explained but said she cant really say over the phone she would have to see the product...

if i cant exchange that pair i will just have to get another pair and take back the size ten in that 9.5 box...

i might be bugging but the recent releases looks better imo.. thanks again

of course theyre the same EXACT thing
laugh.gif

maybe different production dates, maybe not. Nike couldve simply had all of these sitting in a warehouse. Releases somewhat limited #s early just for Ntowns and HOHs and then released the rest later on...this is a usual technique done by Nike...release some early in limited #s and then GR release

i.e black/purple barkleys, army foams, black/red uptempos, etc.

^^^^ definitely have different production dates. i checked my pair before i sent it back to nike for a full refund and got the newer ones on discount

team orange 95s, griffs, barkleys, etc all have different production dates than the original retros

^ didnt say they had exact production. i said maybe they do,maybe they dont.
laugh.gif
since i havent picked up the newer releases, copped HOH release 2x on ea 50
pimp.gif

all those shoes you mentioned may have different production dates, but the point of my last post was saying Nike tends to release limited #s first run, and then a wider release later on down the road, months later or even a year later.

i get u joe. just was confirming that there is a different production date.

laugh.gif
thanks. different dates or no,same EXACT shoe to me. dont know what differences there can possibly be,its a black upper and red sole
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

laugh.gif
thanks. different dates or no,same EXACT shoe to me. dont know what differences there can possibly be,its a black upper and red sole
laugh.gif

You never know with Nike. Look what they did with the 2009 and 2010 eggplants.

Purp you already know wat you gotta do u just said it

and go a few pages back i def said they have diffierent dates, but there is no difference i repeat no difference watsoever they all have the same flaws that vary from pair to pair where the grooves don't sink in as much glue spots and weird toe boxes something we can do absolutely nothing about

Back
Top Bottom