FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I been meaning to try an air fryer, will have to check out the video later. Father in law loves his.

Always been my feeling about them. If you want crispy food without oil, use the oven/broiler.

But I get it, not as many resources being used and it does the job in half the time.

I get it

I forgot about that but yea they are super fast.
Also cleanup is much easier.

Yea you clean under the basket thingy too but there's much less mess from what I can see.

I don't own one my mom does.

From my observation it seems like there is much less involved with cleaning than actual frying.
But of course there is cleaning.

0A11C405-2946-4C37-8B28-6CF59D2285DC.jpeg

Yea you clean under the basket thingy too but there's much less mess from what I can see.

I don't own one my mom does.

From my observation it seems like there is much less involved with cleaning than actual frying.
But of course there is cleaning.
I always compared air frying to oven frying and not frying using oil.

So I am comparing the clean up of oven vs air fryer.

Doesn't seem like much of a difference

I always compared air frying to oven frying and not frying using oil.

So I am comparing the clean up of oven vs air fryer.

Doesn't seem like much of a difference

Stove top frying in oil ?
There's "spatter"

There's no "spatter" with an air fryer.

Btw I'm not advocating the "air fryer"

Always been my feeling about them. If you want crispy food without oil, use the oven/broiler.

But I get it, not as many resources being used and it does the job in half the time.

I get it

Getting one of those cooling rack/cookie sheet sets really changed the game for me

Got sick of everything getting stuck to foil.. even parchment paper didn’t really work

Stove top frying in oil ?
There's "spatter"

There's no "spatter" with an air fryer.

Btw I'm not advocating the "air fryer"
You aren't listening.

An air fryer is closer to baking than "frying." I am sure the word FRYER is only in the name to move units because it isn't frying by any stretch of science.

It is convectional heat, the same type of heat used in an oven. (Hot Air, Indirect contact)
It isn't conduction, that is used when frying. (Direct contact)

So instead of comparing it to frying, it should be compared to baking, which also uses convectional heat.

The word FRY shouldn't even be in the title of an Air Fryer.

So if you DO compare an Air Fryer to Stove Top frying, it is a MUCH cleaner process, but THAT comparison shouldn't even be made from the jump because only one is actually frying food

Last edited:
Wife and I enjoyed time without the daughters, hit up a spot someone told us about. It’s in Leesburg called Bites, they make specialty grilled cheese.
9F6424F1-B230-4E86-A3F9-C0A969031AA0.jpeg
416C44E2-3C28-4366-8A06-040816D79527.jpeg
A1E16A3F-EB02-4469-9347-21852870CF9F.jpeg

Sangria was alright, wife didn’t like the soup had to be doctored up.

Edit:
Wife’s sandwich
6D8DF7D6-F115-48C7-B576-73F22A54D01D.jpeg

I've been meaning to try this place...but your review seems iffy :lol:

Honestly, you can make a day eating your way thru Leesburg. There are some gems around there.

For those that make stuffed bell peppers, does anyone hate how mushy the pepper can get after it’s been in the oven? How do you avoid that? I normally just quickly cook the pepper in a pan with oil. I was wondering if you guys had any tricks.

You aren't listening.

An air fryer is closer to baking than "frying." I am sure the word FRYER is only in the name to move units because it isn't frying by any stretch of science.

It is convectional heat, the same type of heat used in an oven. (Hot Air, Indirect contact)
It isn't conduction, that is used when frying. (Direct contact)

So instead of comparing it to frying, it should be compared to baking, which also uses convectional heat.

The word FRY shouldn't even be in the title of an Air Fryer.

So if you DO compare an Air Fryer to Stove Top frying, it is a MUCH cleaner process, but THAT comparison shouldn't even be made from the jump because only one is actually frying food

This guy, man

For those that make stuffed bell peppers, does anyone hate how mushy the pepper can get after it’s been in the oven? How do you avoid that? I normally just quickly cook the pepper in a pan with oil. I was wondering if you guys had any tricks.
I stuff the bell pepper after just cooking the ground beef on a stove top. Then place the bell peppers in the oven for a few minutes.

Couldn't you just slightly cook the better and stuff it with cooked meat/filling?

And then let it sit so the juices can penetrate the inside of the pepper?

Couldn't you just slightly cook the better and stuff it with cooked meat/filling?

And then let it sit so the juices can penetrate the inside of the pepper?
Wife does stuffed peppers and tomatoes. Uses a mixture of rice, meat and spices for the stuffing. Put the stuffing in a raw pepper or tomato and cook in oven. It takes a while for the pepper to get tender in the oven and it won't get mushy. Even the tomatoes hold up.

Back
Top Bottom