FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

:lol: You always draw first blood though

I know it is a simple recipe, but what do YOU do to make YOUR Loaf?

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups or so of banana
2 beaten eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (I melt mine first)

Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
I’m a separate bowl combine butter and brown sugar then the eggs and banana. Whip til smooth then combine wet and dry ingredients. I added chocolate chips at the end, i didn’t measure the amount. Bake for about an hour on 350°

Very underrated topic that’s discussed here.
Cocktails
F99451CD-DD14-40A7-8563-9CDE8983B904.jpeg

Not my pic.

But from a restaurant that i like going to in nyc. (Kingside)

I do find it funny when peoole make character judgements/assessments on someone eating a well-done steak. :lol:
It was just jokes with my reply but I can’t lie, I do make a slight judgement on people who refuse to eat an anything less than well done steak because from MY experience, most of the time, it comes from either a) a lack of knowledge about what that liquid really is that is oozing from the meat or b) they grew up eating meat cooked a certain way so they refuse to even try it prepared a different way.

The latter shows me they’re unwillingness to try new things & THAT does reflect one’s character. Now that unwillingness isn’t necessarily a bad thing because everyone has something they’re not willing to try because it’s out of their comfort zone (e.g., you’ll never catch me riding a mechanical bull).

You do know it isn't as simple as refusing to try, there might be an actual mental blocm due to a long history of believing it is blood.

Also, just because a person doesn't try steak cooked a cooler temp shouldn't automatically make you think they aren't willing to try new things . Steak prep isn't the only situation that allows someone to venture out to try something new.

If I just went bungee jumping and snorkeling for the first time, but I refuse to eat steak differently, does that still mean I am unwilling to try new things? Or is eating steak the only way one can prove their willingness to try new things?

It is food, I don't think it has anything to do with character.

Background , upbringing, sure it can let you in on those things (maybe) but character? Reach

Beautiful

Last edited:
^ i used to eat well done steak all the time for the same exact reason... thought it was raw or blood if it wasnt well done... my friend said give it a try and then judge after... mind was blown really... been ordering medium cooked steak since then just like the picture above... the steak posted a few pages back is a little to pink for me... but eating a well done steak is a waste imo... but to each their own... i just wouldnt order a steak that way but i wont make fun of someone cuz they like it well done... when eating a burger though im complete opposite... it has to be well done and no pink showing

I don't judge anyone's character based on what they eat.
One of my best friends eats everything well done and he's a righteous guy.

Couldn't agree more. I think it has more do with exposure early on. I grew up in West Texas, where beef is king so ordering a well done steak is frowned up. Now in the midwest, it seems totally different to me and way more acceptable.

I mean being unwilling to even try steak cooked less then well done really does seem like an unwillingness to try new things regardless of whether you skydive, snorkel, etc.

I think it speaks to how stubborn you are that you won't budge on something so trivial but you're willing to try death-defying stunts.

If you've tried it before and didn't like it, that's fine. Different people like different things. But if you completely dismiss it before taking a bite then that's no bueno; it's not like it's balut or something :lol:

I mean being unwilling to even try steak cooked less then well done really does seem like an unwillingness to try new things regardless of whether you skydive, snorkel, etc.

I think it speaks to how stubborn you are that you won't budge on something so trivial but you're willing to try death-defying stunts.

If you've tried it before and didn't like it, that's fine. Different people like different things. But if you completely dismiss it before taking a bite then that's no bueno; it's not like it's balut or something :lol:

Again, trying steak differently is ONE opportunity to try something different . You aren't able to determine how minor/major or how much "getting over" it takes someone else to make THAT jump.

There are dozens AND DOZENS, of ways a person can try new things in life , so to say someone is stubborn simply because you are aware of ONE thing they WON'T budge on is just crazy.

Again, trying steak differently is ONE opportunity to try something different . You aren't able to determine how minor/major or how much "getting over" it takes someone else to make THAT jump.

There are dozens AND DOZENS, of ways a person can try new things in life , so to say someone is stubborn simply because you are aware of ONE thing they WON'T budge on is just crazy.

It is a jump to a conclusion, but is it really that crazy?

If I say I don't want to eat eggs despite never trying them and I simply refuse to ever try them would you not say it's a safe assumption that I am stubborn? Even just a little bit?

It is a jump to a conclusion, but is it really that crazy?

If I say I don't want to eat eggs despite never trying them and I simply refuse to ever try them would you not say it's a safe assumption that I am stubborn? Even just a little bit?
Jump to conclusion, crazy, call it whatever you want. Point being, it is unfair.

My issue is always treating character traits with black or white markers.

The grey marker needs to be used sometime.

Instead of calling someone stubborn for not doing ONE thing, why can't we simply leave it at they refuse to do that one thing?

It isn't just with food, we do this often with judging others.

But also, yall are really oversimplifying how much it takes for someone to even try "Pink Steak." It might make someone sick to their stomach. It might be a mental block. It doesn't have to mean that person refuses and/or is stubborn.

I have no horse in the race but this character judgement off of some damn food is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom