FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Just the tip?

Food here is weak af

20190518_194452.jpg

20190518_195847.jpg
At first glance, I thought that was Evan Turner.

BDC78978-8077-4FB5-94B0-AED25FF32203.jpeg
95F7014C-6375-4570-B770-925FB593764A.jpeg

Buddy of mine is the new head chef at this spot. Offered me and my girl a couple dishes not yet on the menu to try.

- Cantina Laredo
- River North, Chicago
- pork chop with sweet potato, emulsified salsa verde and roasted Brussel sprouts
- can’t remember what the other fish was exactly but it was a kind of seafood dip. Usually not my thing but I liked it a lot.

Not shown are the new guacs he’s been offering as the rotating specials.
- bacon jam guac
- cactus guac
- orange habanero guac

Hands down best was the orange habanero. Citrusy with a kick.

BDC78978-8077-4FB5-94B0-AED25FF32203.jpeg
95F7014C-6375-4570-B770-925FB593764A.jpeg

Buddy of mine is the new head chef at this spot. Offered me and my girl a couple dishes not yet on the menu to try.

- Cantina Laredo
- River North, Chicago
- pork chop with sweet potato, emulsified salsa verde and roasted Brussel sprouts
- can’t remember what the other fish was exactly but it was a kind of seafood dip. Usually not my thing but I liked it a lot.

Not shown are the new guacs he’s been offering as the rotating specials.
- bacon jam guac
- cactus guac
- orange habanero guac

Hands down best was the orange habanero. Citrusy with a kick.
it looks real nice
but looks like it tastes real mediocre

Didn't go to the length of taking pics in the process, but I just made a dank shepherd's pie:

0-1.jpg

Protein mix: minced lamb. yellow onion, celery, carrot, peas, rosemary, thyme, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire, red wine, bone broth, salt/pepper
Potatoes: butter, garlic, chives, egg yolk, parmesan, whipped cream cheese, sour cream, salt/pepper

Last edited:
Didn't go to the length of taking pics in the process, but I just made a dank shepherd's pie:

0-1.jpg

Protein mix: minced lamb. yellow onion, celery, carrot, peas, rosemary, thyme, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire, red wine, bone broth, salt/pepper
Potatoes: butter, garlic, chives, egg yolk, parmesan, whipped cream cheese, sour cream, salt/pepper
can i see the inside

Back
Top Bottom