FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I still can't believe how awful the food is here in DR. Now I know why I NEVER hear people talk about the food here. It's like they are black people but they inherited the white Spanish side of not seasoning food or something. The best thing I've had to eat here was a bootleg bag of doritos. I think this will be the first time ever I've lost weight during vacation. The food is so bad here it inhibits my alcohol intake. I've been hungry since my plane landed. **** this place.
You hitting touristy spots only?

Man, I’m so glad that I can speak Spanish well enough that I can communicate effectively when I travel to certain countries.

Never been to the DR but I have been to other Spanish speaking countries & boy did that help me immensely in finding A1 food spots and other places when visiting.

I still can't believe how awful the food is here in DR. Now I know why I NEVER hear people talk about the food here. It's like they are black people but they inherited the white Spanish side of not seasoning food or something. The best thing I've had to eat here was a bootleg bag of doritos. I think this will be the first time ever I've lost weight during vacation. The food is so bad here it inhibits my alcohol intake. I've been hungry since my plane landed. **** this place.
Damn resort doesn't even have decent food? Might need to get a spot with a kitchen and bring a George Forman Grill. LOL.

How long y'all ket your steaks sit in foil after cooking? I've been getting good color/char but they end up cool temperature wise if I let it sit for 10 minutes

@ninjahood
@diego

@ksteezy

You hitting touristy spots only?

Man, I’m so glad that I can speak Spanish well enough that I can communicate effectively when I travel to certain countries.

Never been to the DR but I have been to other Spanish speaking countries & boy did that help me immensely in finding A1 food spots and other places when visiting.

Mostly been eating on this resort but I went on an excursion yesterday and had some local food at this bar at one of the pit stops.... some rice and an unidentified meat I think was maybe goat or possibly beef, I duuno... and some weird salad.

I honestly don't get to travel abroad that much, but when I went to Cabos a few years ago ALL the food at the Feista Grand Americana was excellent.

How long y'all ket your steaks sit in foil after cooking? I've been getting good color/char but they end up cool temperature wise if I let it sit for 10 minutes
I don't use foil. That would make whatever char you get soggy it seems. I just let it rest on a cutting board. And if you reverse sear it, it doesn't have to rest

I eat pretty damn healthy and disciplined for the most part but I met up with my mom and aunt at Porto’s yesterday and my goodness, this sandwich that my mom ordered was so delicious that I ended up eating half of hers :lol:

*Not my photo*
3E431887-7D18-4786-8D93-2037669A819B.jpeg

Chicken Milanesa sandwich.
It has the fried breaded chicken breast with a jalapeño spread, mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes and avocado.

8/8 would eat again.

All my So Cal heads need to hit a Porto’s Bakery one time if you haven’t yet. Everything I’ve ever had from there has been delicious.

I’ve been eating their pastries and occasional sandwiches for years but I had never actually been to one. Brehs when I pulled up the line outside was f’ing ridiculous and would have NOPED my way out the parking lot if I wasn’t meeting my mom but honestly, it moved surprisingly faster than I expected. Bunch of bad latinas there too if you like the eye candy while you eat.

That Milanesa looks great. Used to get a mean Chicken Milanesa sandwich from the Fast Gourmet in the Valero in DC. RIP Fast Gourmet :frown: Haven't tried the new spot that replaced it.

Mostly been eating on this resort but I went on an excursion yesterday and had some local food at this bar at one of the pit stops.... some rice and an unidentified meat I think was maybe goat or possibly beef, I duuno... and some weird salad.

I honestly don't get to travel abroad that much, but when I went to Cabos a few years ago ALL the food at the Feista Grand Americana was excellent.
As far as resort food goes, I too noticed that it sucked in Punta Cana. Went to the same resort chain in Cancun last year and it was much better.

Back
Top Bottom